Veronica Mars

UPN (ended 2007)

ZapperLife

Veronica Mars Fan Reviews (770)

• I hated, hated, hated this show!

0.0
    Though we can imagine a high time being had by everyone working on Showtime's hip and trippy musical parody, Reefer Madness (premiering Saturday at 8 pm/ET), leading lady Kristen Bell tells TVGuide.com that Method acting was strongly discouraged on the set. Now, is that not a reason why we should all hated this?

• not really impressed

4.1
    actually i have seen episodes of it but im not impressed my brother likes it but i really don't. From what i got in te few episode that i watched her father is a private investigator and she imtates him or does commisions and solve some cases to. she is obssesed of finding the truth about her friend which was killed ( for me lot of waste of time cause it's non sence for me. if it continues of not im not a fan and i think il never be a fan sothats all from the little i know in my opinion
  • i give kristen bell a 10, but not this show

i dunno, i tried watching this show, its not really getting to me. i find this show very boring but what keeps me watching a little is kristen bell cause shes sooo cute. anyways i just wanted to reveiw this show for some reason ok later my name is a
  • not something special.

it has some funny lines, i'll give you that. and some, just some of the cast are nice and they don't make me want to kick them in the gut. but it's just stupid how this veronica mars girl can have all this power, how she's the "boss" in her own school. this stuff doesn't happen, at least not where i come from. and i don't think that your local friendly gang would be as helpful as to run errands for a skinny blonde. or that she would be allowed to tresspass and even work as a detective. the very basis of this show is falty. but at least it's not 7th heaven or one tree hill.
  • why is this number one?

0.0
    why is this number one? i dont get it. it makes little or no sense. i mean seinfeld is an amazing show, a true classic. this stuff doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as it. This damn site is so frustrating. Arrested Development is the best show on TV!
  • Decent show, will never be as good as Buffy was.

7.2
    This is pretty decent, average show. Nothing great, but a very decent, enjoyable show that I can watch and get a feeling out of. Buffy was a good series and this series has the potential of going to that direction, just needs a little fine tuning that all. this series has the potential of being a influential series if the plots were a little better....
  • even through i loved it

in my opinion the 3rd season was the worse to me she kinda sold out i had to stop watching her wit fell short she wasnt the outsider i identifed with in the first 2.

And the fact that the started killing of people was not apperciate.i sort of glad the stop showing it because it just got lame lk lk lj jh jh km gb fv nun mih vfd cvg bhnb n
    jfovm mkfg fkleir ldkir ldifk iepv owenrk owrh ieifnv keirnv iefco owejjv iejfvxn idghvn jdjvn jdhru fkwo glgk kfor mvjg mfik dkei mvjg vnfhr vndj ndie skwicm fjrub fimc dieoc fjrubv oejn uenvn
  • this is about a girl called veronica mars who works as a part time private investigator.

This show was fabtastic at the begging and i would never miss a single episode but as soon as the murderer was found out the show kind of wnt down hill and lost track of the actual story line. when it got into the later programs it got to the point that watching it felt as if i was going to die of bordum. The worst tv show ever. wouldnt recommend it to anyone unless they like the boring, pointless things. Thums down for this show. never gonna watch it again. hopefully it wont come back on the tv and end the torturing.
  • One of the most overhyped shows ever... Kristin Bell saves what would otherwise be one of the most unredeeming television shows of our time.

7.6
    After reading the critical acclaim for Veronica Mars (and being a Kristin Bell fan), I had high hopes for the show. This was a show that I once heard compared to Arrested Development. The only question the first season had me asking was "WTF?"...

The whole story is ridiculous from the get-go. Kristin Bell's best friend dies, her dad, who is sheriff, goes after the wrong man (who is sleeping with his wife and Bell's mother and maybe actually be her father) and everyone turns on Bell in such a fashion that puts Dawson's Creek and 90210 to shame.

Veronica Mars, however, being a kid detective, manages to find her own gang of friends. There's the leader of the biker gang (not kidding), some black kid who she found hung on a flagpole (still not kidding) and Veronica Mars' ever-ridiculous love interests. First we have the brother of her best friend who ignores her existance. Then there's the kid with the elaborate plot to escape to Mexico with his ex-girlfriend. Then there's a random guy thrown in, who is tossed aside when Veronica begins cheating on him with the psychotic son of a famous guy (and killer of her best friend) who did nothing but torment her for the first third of the season. Oh, and Veronica was raped by her half-brother, who thankfully turns out not to be her half-brother, but only her ex-boyfriend and brother to her dead best friend. Oh and he didn't rape her. Someone drugged him too.

You can't make this kind of stuff up. The dialogue is unbelievable (horrible). Its a shame that Powers Boothe didn't murder Veronica Mars and allow Flora & Miles their own show on UPN. Then, we might have a show that isn't so offensive to the senses.
  • Just like every show

0.0
    Don't see why people waste there time.... or maybe I should try to watch it!! ;) yeah there are some good looking people.. but doesn't make it a good show... just to think people watch it for entertainment!! Crazy... I really don't see what people see in this show!! I don't know!
  • This is a great show.

4.2
    This show is good but I dont understand why they need so many characters. It is ever so confusing it is acually almost as confusing as 7th Heaven, and trust me it is hard to get as confusing as 7th Heaven, trust me it is definatly not off the chain.
  • This was once a good show..But season 2 isn't as good as last year.

Last year was great, but this year they are just trying to hard with Veronica at times. The story lines are not as interesting and the anti-white racism from the mexicans annoying.

She is made out to be sherlock holmes, finding out things that are above any average human. This is just making the show too campy. With Kristen Bell joing hollywoods "Sell our bodies for fame" crew, their is no reason this show is watchable.
  • Good or bad?

7.6
    Well this show is okay, I guess, I like it sometimes but I don't really get around to see it that much because I don't really want to, this show is really good but it just doesn't pull me in at all, its like I don't even really want to watch it. When I first saw this show was going to premier I was like wow I am going to watch this show and I really wanted to get into it but after I watched the first episode, well, I just didn't get into it, I don't think it is a great show but I think it is ok and should go on for many more episodes!
  • Test test test

1.7
    Hi there 'I am quoting this stuff'. Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff". Hi there "I am quoting this stuff".
  • One of my favourite shows. Kristen Bell two thumbs up.

Veronica Mars was an excellent show. The comic timing was spot on and the suspense and excitement was never ending. This show should have definitely been awarded a fourth season. The plan for Veronica Mars joining the FBI was the next logical progression after college. The humor would have been something lacking from most FBI shows. The change in location every years would have helped to keep the show fresh and attracted a new audience. This show could have gone on for years. I believe this film is a prime candidate for a straight to dvd/blu ray release. Everyone knows that these days all the money is in dvd and blu ray.
  • Highschool native, Veronica Mars, solves the tough crimes of her small neighborhood.

First of all, if a teenager is solving your town's crimes and the police aren't, there's something seriously wrong with your police department. Second, if she was dealing with the real world I don't think she'd survive ten minutes. So this show is psuedo. Yup. Even though it's clever, it's way to clever to be believable.
  • For some reason Season 3 has not been "as great" as Seasons 1 and 2. This show is definitely going down hill and something shocking needs to happen so that all the fans don't start running away..

In Seasons 1 and 2 Veronica Mars was very interesting and always something to look forward to. The episode always left the audience with suspense but now in Season 3 the show has seriously started to be boring and I don't really look forward to watching the next episode. I want to watch it because I really want something good to happen but it just hasn't...yet!! Kristen Bell is a great actress, I watched her in the movie "Pulse." It was so different to see her in a horror movie and I always felt like it was a Veronica Mars movie :P In general I like the show however many improvements could be made..
  • Cool how she discovers things that nobody in their right mind is to know. She is really Cautious on the way she acts. I hope this show will not end. She's like the next Nancy Drew in her place, i don't like Casablancas step-mom. It's very nice it chose Ch

6.9
    I like this show, this isn't a best show ever, but it's a start of a whole new season. I think the prime suspect on trying to ruin veronica's life is Charisma Caprenter's character. I don't like her character, she's like a Heather Locklear character from melrose place. Sounds familiar into the show that i compared the character too, right? Charisma shouldn't have left Angel, it was less dramatic without her. I like this season better than the 1st one. She gets closer with her boyfriend evn when she finds out all the scandal in her town.
  • Probably aimed at High Schoolers but probably more relevant to the College crowd.

I thought this was going to be "Nancy Drew" for the new millennia, and it was, with the added bonus of a season long story arc. There were a lot of opportunities with the large ensemble cast, but unfortunately, many of them were missed. For instance, the Weevil started out being a "bad" guy, but for some reason, was turned into a good guy with links to bad people. The first season was quite good and had some nice twists and turns to keep it interesting. There were a few obvious red-herrings thrown in, but that's the case with all mysteries. The second season was also good, but I think at this point, the show's viability had come into question with the network, so it's possible that writers were jumping ship. If the shows ability to survive was in question the third season put the nails in the coffin. Regular cast members seemed to be coming and going for no good reason, and the finale was hurried to say the least.
  • Veronica Mars seems like a good show so far i like it a little. Theres some intresting stuff on it.Theres some funny parts.The show will be a big hit ..someday in the future ..maybe. I just have to watch some more of it then i'l see if it's good.

7.4
    The show is about A girl who lost her friends and her normal life because her dad.He accused someone
    for something and he got fired for it oh he was like a cop or something.Now a lot people hate her cause of that but she has new friends now.
  • Interesting plotline the girl, trying to find out who killed her best friend.

7.6
    This show has an interesting plotline, the teenage girl trying to find out who killed her best friend. Those words sort of make you go, \\\\\\\"What trying to figure out who killed her bestfriend?\\\\\\\" Its a very original plot line. It\\\\\\\'s not one of my favourite shows, the character development isn\\\\\\\'t all that original and sort of reminds me of a badly written version of the o.c
    If they cut out the whole high school is a shark tank sort of thing that seems common in today\\\\\\\'s tv then it would be an excellent show, thw witers just made that whole theme a little, been there done that. My opinion? Plotline of the young sleuth trying to find her best friend, mothers left dealing with that, GREAT! Character development school is a sharktank, she\\\\\\\'s a social reject, NOT SO GREAT!
  • This is embarrasing to admit, but this show is pretty interesting to watch.

just like most shows on the WB, even if they are cheesy or not,I start watching if there is a hot chick on the show. I would say this is the most legitimate "real show" on the WB, (Sorry I mean CW) that I have seen. I don't know if this was one of the shows that was on UPN before they merged or what, but it's a decent show. The detective work, is really cool, and that's another good reason to watch. I also think it can be funny at times, even though there has been plenty of shows with hot sarcastic women, this seems to be different, because she isn't the only good character, I think her Dad on the show is also a good character.
  • sweet!

sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet! sweet!
  • KRISTEN BELL. need i say more?

the story revolves around a hot teenager as she goes through life in high school (then college). she deals with her family problems, friends, love and the burning desire to investigate mysteries and consequently solve them.

Veronica Mars is one hell of a show. its full of surprises that you'll never get bored watching it. the plot is presented lightly that in a way it could really happen in real life.

too bad it ended abruptly. i mean there could have been other angles and sides to explore. rumors of a movie is circulating. hope it pushes through. it would be so nice to see Kristen Bell back in action, without electric powers, just with her wit and charm.
  • I was surprised by the show. I caught ONLY season three on DVD from a freind and it was fun to watch. Who knew?

I had never heard of this show prior to being intorduced to the DVD and I was sceptical when it was described as a "tween" drama. But it was NOT lame...maybe campy at times, but still clever.

I liked it for the same reason I like CHUCK. It's more of a casual story point that this character has any kind of "special skill," rather than a driving plot point. It keeps the interest of the viewer with character plots, loose connected series stories and some silly comedy that can only work on a show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I would recommend this show to anyone who like light, thoughtful dramedy with a hint of teenaged camp.
  • JUST WATCH IT!

FIRST SEASON: amazing!
    SECOND SEASON: great!
    THIRD SEASON: good
    Starts perfect, ends not so perfect, but all in all: its better than most of what you see on TV today. It's storyline is very original, and its lingo is definitely authentic. The witty sarcasm, the funny puns, the suspense to die for, the intense drama, and the action that rules, make this show a must see. Give it a shot, if ya don't like it by the first season, its not for you ... but i doubt you wont like it. I, for one, love this show and have seen it over and over ... every episode at least twice. =)
  • Absolutely brilliant.

Jesus. This show is bloody brilliant. From the very first episode, Rob Thomas swept me up in the whirlwind of mystery & snark that is Veronica Mars. Veronica Mars, teen PI extraordinaire, is an outcast at Neptune High. Her best friend Lilly Kane was brutally murdered, and she makes it her mission to find the bastard that did it. Even if it kills her. How the hell did he come up with that?

Honestly, I could care less. All I know is that the show has great writing, a great cast, and a great storyline. If you haven't seen Veronica Mars, then go buy it RIGHT NOW. You haven't lived!
  • This show is great but...

They should have kept the original format of the show which was surrounded by the fact that everyone hated Veronica and she had to win them back by doing their cases. They could have done that in college but instead she's pretty much anonymous.

Also, the dialogue is too smarmy sometimes. It's fine for Veronica but we don't need it from everyone else.
  • I will truly miss this show!

Veronica Mars is a cleverly written show about a teenage detective. She is a spunky young woman, who because of her father's previous work as the sheriff analyzes every situation as a detective. Her clients range from the DA of her city to her close friends. Each season had its own central mystery to solve, yet still had an individual storyline to every episode. I really liked how the writers kept each story realistic and didn't make anything too over the top. Each actor gave it their all when it came to their characters. No one seemed fake or just going though the motions.

I am very sad this show was cancelled; it was one of the best shows on at the time. I do know however there are many people out there rallying for her return, so in the end you never know if it is the end.
  • Season 1 and 2 were the best seasons of the show! what's happening to season 3?

In the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, California, Hearst College stands as a beacon of higher education, but within this idyllic and sun-drenched campus, higher education is not always what it appears. In between the beer-soaked dorm parties and all-night cram sessions, the student body is facing a terrifying threat. Luckily for them, incoming freshman and part-time private investigator Veronica Mars ( Kristen Bell ) is used to taking on a few extra-curricular activities
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10