Veronica Mars

Silence of the Lamb

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 2005 on UPN

• Diving deeper and deeper

It's clear that this episode was meant to be aired before Echolls Family Christmas. There's not even a single word on the stabbing from the previous episode. Although it's not much of a problem considering this episode was really strong.

I like how eventually the show goes back to characters that were introduced a couple of episodes ago. So Mac hires Veronica to investigate her parents because she senses something's not right. And she's correct. It appears Mac and Madison were switched at birth. It's pretty emotional and very well concluded. I like how Mac and her biological mother had this kind of chemistry between them for the whole episode, but they never spoke the truth to eachother despite the fact they both knew.

The main plot of the episode was really good too. We got a good sense of what Keith was like before the Kane murder. He worked with the sheriff department to track down a serial killer who targets college girls. It was a cool story, and not neccesserely because of the case itself. I liked the dynamics between Sheriff Lamb and Keith. It was great. Meanwhile Veronica takes use of this situation to hang around the Sheriff's office. She kinda seduces a young deputy to sneak in the evidence room to finally find out who called in the tip to arrest Abel Koontz.

Well, it turned out to be Clarence Wiedman, the man who also made the photos with the crosshair. Not much of a surprise but this just verifies that the Kanes are really involved in the cover up.

The ending with the music was really good. Mac and her mother making eye contact and Veronica taking revenge on Clarence by sending him similiar pictures to what he made of Veronica. The music was really fitting too.

Very very good episode, I really enjoyed it.