Veronica Mars

Silence of the Lamb

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 2005 on UPN

• Review

Not one mention of the stabbing that happened in the last episode made me wonder what the writers were thinking. Then I saw that at the last minute this episode and the previous were switched in the season lineup to leave a better cliffhanger. Understandable I suppose, but not the course of action I would have taken. I thought the teen case in this one was really good. Similar to the Wallace case earlier in the year I feel that we really got to know a little bit more about Mac in this episode and I thought her story was really interesting and kind of sad. If the writers can write something to make you feel for a character, they did a very good job here. Keith Mars is the other lead of the show, but I just dont really like him in the scenes without Veronica. There were a few good scenes in this episode with him in it, but for the most part I tune into the show for all the teenage stuff. Perhaps I simply relate to them because I am one of them - but I simply am not feeling any storyline hes got going on. Lots of devolopment in the Lily Kane murder and I was actually surprised by the twist. Some may have seen it coming but I didnt think Clarience would have gotten back to back things fall onto him. I thought it was going to go to someone else. Either way - great episode, but a poor decision by the writers to put it behind Echolls Christmas lowered the grade for me.