Veronica Mars

There's Got to Be a Morning After Pill

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 06, 2007 on UPN

• The closest any recent episode has come to feeling like season 1 Veronica

I will be the first to admit Veronica's felt a little off lately. In my opinion, there are two things that have led to this: first, the Veronica/Logan struggles. On again/off again can be fun, but I've lost count of the number of times they've been on/off in this season alone. I wish LoVe could be given a designation and it would remain so for oh maybe 3 episodes. The second disappointment has been the lack of focus on overall mysteries. Obviously, this season does not have the season-long mystery. But the Dean O'Dell murder has hardly been given the amount of time it deserves lately. Not so with this episode. I felt the writers were finally back in touch with the Veronica we became so smitten with in seasons 1 and 2. Who didn't flashback to the young season 1 Veronica in that scene where she follows Madison Sinclair in her car, camera in hand, to the promotional photos UPN released at the beginning of the series? You know the one I mean. VM in her car, hair jammed into a hat, camera in hand, leaning out the window. Yeah, that's what I was reminded of. Keith back in kickass mode. Veronica posing as Hester, Nancy Drew, and whoever else. Weevil stealing a car to crush it. Veronica's nightmares. All these reminded me of previous seasons. Not to mention the great music. At least three times during this episode, I found myself saying "what is that song? I want it." The lack of Wallace concerns me. Other characters have been more prominent than he has, ones that aren't even in the cast! Bring back Wallace, please.

A big improvement overall. Not as choppy as recent episodes have been and more emphasis on the over-arching storyline give it a point in my book.