Veronica Mars

Un-American Graffiti

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 01, 2007 on UPN

• This episode was mediocre until the party scene. At which point, I was reminded just how wonderful Veronica Mars is. I didn't think the writers would be able to get me to root for Piz but as usual I underestimated the just how good the writers are.

So, the terrorism mystery was mediocre although decent, the Keith scenes were charming and funny, but the ending turns this merely average episode into a great one.

Before the party scene, I was a devote Logan. Veronica fan. I hated the idea of Veronica and Piz and thought that it was a going to a major mistake. Now I see how wrong I was.

The way that the scene was played was just perfect -- from Wallace telling Veronica to be nice, to Veronica's rejection of Piz, to Logan catching them at the elevator. I loved how Piz stopped Veronica by kissing her -- the poker metaphor of "all in" was great. After all, it made a lot of sense -- what did he have to lose by just kissing her instead? The acting was just great -- Veronica moving from shocked to realizing that maybe she shouldn't have been so hasty about rejecting Piz. The way it ended with Logan seeing them at the end was a bit cheesey but so well acted -- Logan's facial expressions perfectly replace all need for words -- that you felt like it was okay for Veronica to move on with Piz.

I'm just so amazed by how great those last few minutes of the episode are. After being to treated to such a perfect performance, I don't think I'll have any trouble seeing Piz and Veronica together.