Veronica Mars

Versatile Toppings

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 15, 2006 on UPN

• Review

When a private website for Neptune High's gay students is hacked, and the members blackmailed, Veronica finds it difficult to track down the culprit when the victims want to remain anonymous. Meanwhile, Hannah finds out Logan's true intentions, and Keith believes he has found an alibi for Terrence.

I thought the gay students portion of the episode was a little bit of a reach for an episodic episode. I remember something a little like this in season one with a small group being singled out - I just don't think it was the gay group. To tell you the truth I felt Veronica's portion of this episode was the weakest of the three portions.

Logan is the character that you want to have his own storyline. Hannah being amazingly hot - challenging Kristin Bell hot - also doesn't hurt his cause. I've hated Logan's character ever since 2x02, but the acting job by his character is simply wonderful. Keith continues right where he left off at the end of the last episode (which I am a fan of) with helping Terrence. Veronica finding all of those explosives in the locker was a little bit of a stretch for me though. It's too early in the season for us to be handed the killer randomly like this and we just spent all episode trying to prove his not guilty...ness. We'll see where it goes.
  • Kylie: I'm a lesbian... Veronica: That's cool. Kylie: Only when you're in college.

A season 1-esque episode. An episodic case that was not really related to the overall plot and small advancement in the bus crash investigation.

Good, but you see, this was probably the weakest effort of the season thus far.But that's saying alot, because, well, this season has been stellar, and the worst episode earns a 7.5? Nice.

Loved the Logan/Hanna scenes, Logan confronting the doctor was intense. Keith trying to prove Terrance's innocence was also good, and that twist in the end was definitely, well, odd, and contradicts just about everything about Terrance - but probabgly that's why its cool.

Loved the Jackie / Veronica scenes they seem really nice together. No Weevil or Wallace this time, but it's okay(though the episodic case could've been better with them)

I thought while the outcome of it(the case) was unpredictable, it was very average. Not bad, not good, just.. average. Mildly entertaining. Veronica's case: 6/10
    Logan's storyline: 9/10
    Terrance: 8/10
    Misc: 8/10

Overall: 7.5
  • A website for Neptune High's gay students is hacked, the members blackmailed, &Veronica has to track down the culprit and the victims want to remain anonymous. Hannah finds out Logan's true intentions. Keith believes he has found an alibi for Terrence.

Meanwhile, Hannah finds out Logan's true intentions, and Keith believes he has found an alibi for Terrence. Dr. Griffith: What are you doing with my daughter? Logan: You want the complete play-by-play? That's kind of twisted.
  • Veronica and Jackie bonding, robbing of pizza delivery guys and blackmailing of Neptunes gay students. Intresting!

An idiot freshman (If I may say so) which hopes one day to become a PCH'er robs pizza delivery guys. One of them; a friend from an earlier episode, Marcos gay "whish he was my boyfriend" He had a list over members of a site, chat room for Neptunes gay students. It ends up with blackmailing.

Veronica riding with Jackie to Wallaces big game make their friendship ( if you can call it that ) grow, but then Veronica finds explosives in Terrence Cooks locker. Not good. My heart cried a bit under this episode, when Logan and Hannah still is dating. But my heart just jump when they had a fight. I thought this was the end of it, but no

When Veronica catches the idiot freshman she finds out that he is not the blackmailer. In the end it turnes out; the blackmailer is one of the gay students; Which just died to get out of the closet with her girlfriend. At the end scene when Hannah and Logan walks hand in hand down the hall and Veronica sees them, and understand Logans motives I almost fell of the chair of exitment; And then the end credits. Just canæt wait for next week!
  • Someone is robbing pizza delivery guys and Veronica helps solve the case. Also the gay students are being blackmailed.

Corny who is a pizza delivery guy gets ambushed and robbed. He recruites Veronica to help figure out who is robbing random pizza guys. Veronica also is on the case to help out the gay students of Neptune from being blackmailed, someone got a list of all the gay students on a website devoted to the gay students of neptune. Logan starts dating Hannah and Dr.Griffith confronts Logan about it. Keith has pictures of Terrence at a casino that is timestamped close to the time that the bus crashed, and also the casino has all cellphone signals blocked in and close to the building so he couldnt have done it.
  • Glad to have it back.

I think i speak for every fan who were happy to have new episodes back. Very important to the mystery, with the 'bombs' being found by veronica.

the main veronica story was good, the ending i did not completely love, and seemed down right mean to out your girlfriend...but whatever, it has probably happened, so what can i say...

The gay cheerleader is Kristin from the 'reality show' Laguna Beach. she does a fine job, not great but good, and honestly better than i though she would. good choice for stunt casting.

Great show, and i am happy to have it back.
  • At last the drought is over!

The closeted gay teens of Neptune are being blackmailed and turn to Veronica for help. Logan and Hannah are keeping their new relationship quiet. Keith works on proving Terrance Cooks innocence. And where is Wallace? They mentioned him sure... but not even a peek?

A slightly disappointing episode, especially after the long wait we had for it. The main thing that annoyed me was that Kristen person who guest starred and managed to make me cringe every time she was on screen. If only she could have made it like she was attempting to act, rather than just smiling with fangirl glee. Poor Hannah…. You just know Logan is going to break her heart. Oh and Veronica finds explosives in the hanger Terrance keeps his car in. Are we completely ignoring the fact that Terrance doesn’t own the hanger? We are? Okay… good.

This episode was mostly filler, though relatively entertaining, with just a few important plot points in relation to the bus crash. We have had more than enough filler episodes this season. Come on creator/writer peoples! Give us a little more substance!
  • It is good drama, but not at it's best.

Jackie: ...I can even drop you off around the block if you're worried about being seen together.
    Veronica: Yes. Please, by all means, protect my reputation.

This was a pretty good episode, one of the best this seasong actually. I must say I enjoyed the first season much more, and I don't think this bus crash brings even close to the excitment Lilly Kane's murder did, but it makes me stick around for the next episodes and I didn't have that high expentations for this season anyway. This is good drama, but not at it's best.
  • How did I lasat this long without Mars?

Another great installment of V-Mars...I was really hopping though that Hannah and Logan would break up..but no!!
    Its just cruel I tell yeah they need to break up so Logan and Veronica can get back together!
    But other then that great episode, great mini-mystery with the Blackmailer, and a few more pieces put into the bus crash mystery!
  • Veronica solving a good case, Logan and Hannah having a public relation ship, Kristin from Laguna Beach as a gay cheerleader, Jackie and Veronica becoming closer.

I thought it was a really good episode!
    Finally, after a bunch of crappy ones...
    I liked to see Logan/Hannah storyline, it was cute. Although I think he's only using her, and that he still likes Veronica.
    It was nice to see Veronica and Jackie becoming closer...
    Kristin from Laguna Beach is a TERRIBLE actress! She was laughing all the time... terrible!
    And the end of the episode was really intriguer: is Terrance really guilty?
    I don't think he is... I mean, why would he want to explode a bus full of kids?

A good episode... and I hope next episodes are as good as this one, or BETTER!
  • Logan is publically dating the Plastic Surgeons daughter, Kristin Cavallari is a lesbian, and of course Veronica solves the person who is holding gay people at ransom. Terrance cook has a bomb in a locker where he keeps his car. Pizza mugger was found!

There is so much going on in this episode, but its really good. Logans new gf really looks like veronica from behind i dont think he really actually likes her though... Kristen Cavallari was a lesbian that was interesting. New bus bombing news Terrance Cook has bomb and detinator in a locker where veronica and his daughter were at the end of the episode...
  • Veronica Mars never has a bad episode does it....

This was a good episode. It wasnt as good as the rest before it, but it had it's moments. I liked the Logan-Hannah storyline. When Hannah finds out that her dad is really a coke-user, it was a turning point for her and Logan. But I'm not too sure if he's over Veronica....We'll find out soon.

But the main story was interesting. It was good to see Mac again. But I was a little puzzled at the end, when Veronica found the explosives. It promised more to come and I cant wait.
  • some filler, some fun, worth watching.

Logan is really the best part of the show most of the time, this was no exception. His character and his girl friends realization that her father was crooked was more interesting, I think, than the gay bashing black-mailer. Hopefully the show will pick up some; it has a lot of potential, still good, but could be better I think.
  • 1. Gay community got blackmailed, 2. Logan is having an interesting chat with the fake witness and opens his daughters eyes, 3. Keith Mars tries to proove the innosence of Terrence Cook, 4. Is Terrence Cook really innosent?

This episode was great. The case-of-the-week was pretty amazing but the solution to this problem was a little bit too quick. Thought there would be more sense behind the black mailer.

It really surprised me how the show deals with homosexuality. This really prooves me that shows aren't that afriad of this topic anymore.

The plot of Logan and his new girlfriend is quite interesting because he really seems to learn of his former mistakes but this relationship is doomed.

The case of Terrence Cook seems to be connected in several ways: First someone wants him as a suspect in the bus crash and second the explosives in his depot "garage".

Now there is a big question mark: Who was supposed to die in that bus crash?

If I got it right then there must be some hidden clues besides to the obvious clues we get from time to time for the bus crash scenario.

And I am still trying to figure them out.

I really have a few major suspects now: Woody Goodman, Terence Cook, Kendall Casablancas.
    It is just a guess and there is still space for a few more suspects but I would really wonder, if Duncan Kane wanted to get rid of his girlfriend once and for all - I am just kidding, Duncan is off the hook, he is out of town with Meg and their baby, anyway.

There are just 4 episodes left until we get our answeres. Let's wait and investigate.....
  • oK! lOGAN is made to look like he is over Veronica but so isn't. You have to really pick up on some things and other then ....

6.3
    oK! lOGAN is made to look like he is over Veronica but so isn't. You have to really pick up on some things and other then the fact Hannah is blonde which Veronica is.

The one part when Hannah and Logan are behind the soda machine making out, it's simialr to what Veronica and Logan did in the girls bathroom. Also the fact she is like how Veronica was when she was a sophomore might have somthing to do with it also. Veronica was a happy go lucky girl as well. I have a feeling Logan might have some little feelings about Hannah but in no way a romance like Veronica.
  • Veronica Mars is finally back and proves again why it’s such a great show!

Veronica Mars is back! Finally the main storyline of this season is moving forward. The big mysterious bus-crash: While Veronica only plays a side role in here (well except of the end), Logan is doing his own thing and hooks up with the daughter of the witness who acclaims to have seen him at the bridge willing one of the bikers. Logan plays more and more is own game, but this time he goes big!
    Keith is still working to get his client free. Well he might be successful, but then the end again.
    Veronica is helping the gay community. I somehow liked the storyline. The sad thing was when it turned out that one of their own was behind all that. I hated that. I even think that it is insensible of the writers.

So this episode still doesn’t provide us with any really important information towards the bus crash (maybe except of the end), but shows us nicely that the case is moving on. The investigation Veronica does in here. I really liked them, well except of the person behind the mystery.
    A really nice Veronica Mars episode. I hope it goes on like this.
  • Oh what a great episode. I missed this show.

It's been so long since I've seen an episode of Veronica Mars, it felt so good to see it again. It simply reminded me how simply awesome this show is.

The "smaller" mystery of this show is fairly simple. Someone is blackmailing all the gay students in school for money, threatening to out them all. While I personally didn't care whether the characters were outed or not it was interesting to see Veronica investigate. I had suspected that the baseball player who accused Dick of being gay was gay himself, so that revelation did not surprise me much. But I'm sure most people figured it out, so whatever.

Meanwhile, Veronica's father does some investigating that I didn't really find that fun concerning the bus crash.

What made this episode great was not necessarily the mysteries covered, but the strong writing and characters, and the fact that it didn't totally bore me. Logan's story was a little interesting, actually, and I'm glad he wasn't dating the doctor's daughter SOLELY for selfish purposes.
  • Veronica is out to find out who is outing the in gay students. Daddy Mars hopes to prove his favorite athelete isn't a mass murderer. And lamb shows he actually has a pair.

All in all this was a very good episode. Logan continues to woo Hannah the daughter of the plastic surgean who fingered him for Felix's murder.

Keith contunies to work for Jackie's Father (Forget his name) to prove he didn't make the call that blew up the bus (you remember the bus crash mystery right?). However it looks like he way have done it. Oh yeah and actually didn't quite hate lamb in the ep. He actually has a set, standing up to Keith and all that.

Finally there was the whole whose outing the gay students story. I thought this was very well done. I especially liked the scene between Veronica and Mac. That almost made me spit out my drink when Mac asked Veronica if there was somethign she wanted to tell her (or something like that.) Mac's face during the whole conversation was priceless. Also the scene in the classroom with the public self-outing was funny too.

No Wallace.

No Weevel.

God I missed this show. Better be a season 3.
  • Oh how I missed this show. Let me count the ways. 1. Logan being the gorgeous complex man that he is was back in fine cunning form tonight, seducing the freshman daughter of the plastic surgeon. 2.Jackie and Veronica friends, say what!!

3. I totally missed our bus mystery and we got a tidbit at the end, with some mysterious detinators. But I have to assume that since this is the first suspect Jackie dad's not the actual person who did this.

4. Jackie's dad has nice cars.

5. Veronica is a really good detective, I love how everyone comes to her with there problems, even if they are very personal, like their sexuality.

6. I just love this show period can not wait until next week. It looks good too.

4. Jackie's dad has nice cars.

• Veronica helps students on a list identifying them as members of the homosexual community.

Yes! This episode was brilliant, not a suprise, as it was an episode of Veronica Mars.

It definately had some great twists and turns. Do we really know what Logan's feelings are? Why on earth would someone blackmail their girlfriend to get them to be out? Very strange if you ask me.

What about the bus crash? Is that investigation going anywhere? Will those explosives be found? Did Jackie see them when Veronica opened the closet? What will Keith Mars do with the information? Of course Terrance could be framed.

And umm where is Wallace? Was he hiding somewhere? Did backup eat him?

Very interesting episode I must say. The pizza delivery muggings definately happen in other contexts. There was a bunch of them in NYC a while back.