TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

VH1's Top 20 Countdown Forums

Saturday 9:00 AM on VH1In Season

Final Straw with this show

bonjovichick

[1]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    Bon Jovi's new video has only been on the list like 4 weeks. It has been consistently around # 5 and then they pull it from the voting list. There have been songs that barely make the countdown or haven't at all that they keep on the list over and over and over and over again. It is so not a show driven by what people really want but what they want us to want.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kanetoad28

[2]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 8

bonjovichick wrote:
    Bon Jovi's new video has only been on the list like 4 weeks. It has been consistently around # 5 and then they pull it from the voting list. There have been songs that barely make the countdown or haven't at all that they keep on the list over and over and over and over again. It is so not a show driven by what people really want but what they want us to want.
    Yeah i think they should take away the whole going to VH1.com and vote thing. I think they should do what most countdown shows do, rank them based on legal downloads, CD purchases and stuff like that.

orangemann327

[3]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 23

I don't know if you belong to the VH1 message boards (I do). It seems once a song gets "too much" conversation dominating the boards, it get removed from the countdown, most notably the one Katherine McPhee song and a Matchbox 20 song. I guess VH1 notices the attention which is good b/c some people just flood the boards with random "Vote for ____ topics" (something that happened to the two songs mentioned) so I'm guessing the same thing happened.

As for the countdown, I think it is rigged. As much as I like the You Oughta Know artists (Justin Nozuka, Thriving Ivory, Adele, Little Jackie, etc.) I don't see them really making the countdown or at least not all of them at once. It doesn't make sense to me.

bonjovichick

[4]Nov 3, 2008

Yeah I am a member out on that board but it does seem to be too much... vote for this song...which seems silly to me. If I like a song I vote for it ... if I don't that i don't. I don't remember a Matchybox twenty song dropping off to soon but probably since i now only ocassionally watch because it makes me so mad I might of missed it

I am right there with you on those you aoughta now artists... it is complettly rigged. They really need to do two things. Get rid of the host and figure out a better way to do rankings.

TheDiamondDog

[5]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 61
    Man, on the top 40 videos of the year, there were some videos that did not deserve to be on there. My best example: Greenlight from John Legend. I checked back on my recaps, and it was only on the countdown for one week, than dropped off.

bonjovichick

[6]Dec 20, 2008
    I am so with you on that. I couldn't believe things that made it and the ones that didn't. No MatchBox 20 yet they had songs one the countdown for weeks. Then songs I could barely remember seeing pretty high up there. It is like they pick their favorites and then a whole bunch of their silly you oughta now artists. They should call it what it is... us just picking 40 songs from the year. No songs like Realize that was on almost all 20 weeks or These Hard Times ......... oh I could go on but I guess they will contiue to do whatever they want.

rbfan

[7]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    bonjovichick wrote:
    I am so with you on that. I couldn't believe things that made it and the ones that didn't. No MatchBox 20 yet they had songs one the countdown for weeks. Then songs I could barely remember seeing pretty high up there. It is like they pick their favorites and then a whole bunch of their silly you oughta now artists. They should call it what it is... us just picking 40 songs from the year. No songs like Realize that was on almost all 20 weeks or These Hard Times ......... oh I could go on but I guess they will contiue to do whatever they want.

I too agree.
    Shattered by O.A.R. was a great song, but I don't think that it got higher than #15 on VH1's weekly list, yet it's #18 here?
    Yeah, I have never seen the video "Greenlight" by John Legend until the year end countdown.

BTW, I think that "All Summer Long" should be #1, but that is just me.

rbfan

[8]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    Also, isn't "Shadow of the day" from 2007?

TheDiamondDog

[9]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 61

rbfan wrote:
    Also, isn't "Shadow of the day" from 2007?

I don't know, but I can check.