VH1's Top 20 Countdown

Saturday 9:00 AM on VH1 Premiered Jan 01, 1997 In Season

VH1's Top 20 Countdown Fan Reviews (7)

• VSpot Top 20 Countdown

VSpot Top 20 Countdown is a weekly television show on the VH1 cable network. Until the week of March 31, 2006, it was simply called Top 20 Countdown, and it counted down the top videos of the week by record sales, radio airplay, video spins, message board posts, and conventional mail. The show was usually hosted by either Rachel Perry, Bradford How, or Aamer Haleem, but occasionally another VJ would fill in. In 2005, the show moved its first airing of the week to Fridays once again, instead of Saturday mornings. On April 7, 2006, the show got a new look and host (Matt Pinfield), with total fan participation via the VSpot, VH1's online music video center. On the week July 15, 2006, the show stopped airing on Friday afternoons and a new airing on Mondays at 13:00 was added, which was moved in January 2007 to 11:00 the same day. Aamer Haleem returned as host once again in late 2006 after Pinfield did not show up for a few recordings of the show. Starting with the episode for the week of February 10, the show left the studio at MTV headquarters in Times Square and became peripatetic, starting at New York's Grand Central Terminal.
  • The Top 20 of the week!

7.9
    This show gets me the opportunity to entertain myself whenever I am bored of using the computer or bored of something on TV, this show, shows the twenty top of the week with some interviews sometimes and everything. I must tell you that it is really interesting, it really catches you. I must tell you that I like the hosts, they sometimes inform you things about the bands or singers they are presenting and tell you interesting facts or some trivia about them, or whenever they are presenting somewhere. But, basically, it is a show that focuses on music, that is not bad, of course. Is a really good show, and I will keep on watching it whenever I am bored or have nothing to do, though I don't think that it is on my all time favorites, but still, it is cool...
  • This show shows great music videos that are hits, fresh new, or just plain GREAT!

VH1's Top 20 Countdown is a music video program and, like its name, airs the Top 20 music videos of the week. With popular artist usually on the list such as Nickelback, Black Eyed Peas, Nelly Furtado, and AAR, this show gives a great taste in both music AND its videos. With a recap now and appearing twice (one for twenty through eleven, and the other for the previous nineteen), a/some special guest(s) and a quick peak of the videos almost entering the Top 20 Countdown, it is a fresh entertaining series that'll you'll JUST have to watch. To vote for some videos, you'll have to go to top20.vh1.com and, while there, look at the leader board for the countdown's mini-contest, "Fact Or Fiction?", and if your vote for the top three match the show's you may win a special prize. You also get a prize for the "Fact Or Fiction?" game, but anyways, great show and you'll love it like I do.
  • My music video source ever since I was 10.

I have been watching the Top Twenty countdown since I was 10 years old. I love checking out the latest videos and hear the artists comment on them. While I don't watch the whole show, I do watch all the videos by the artists I really like. I never miss this show. I don't watch it live cause it is on too early, but I make sure I record it. I have got to see what is popular. While VH1 doesn't play all the artists I like, they do show music I like. This show is better than TRL. They do play more than one minute of a video.
  • I like this show. It gives me something to do when I am bored.

This show is very good. It allows me to have something to watch when I am bored either late at night to early morning. I personally think so of the categories the choose are very very very very very very very very appealing to some people. . . . and i think that they should make a lot more shows that have very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very cool things. and spike people's interest in many ways. so in conclusion to this review i'd say continue doing stuff like this
  • Great for saturday mornings.

This show is actually pretty good. In fact, when I watch this show It's cool because I learn more about the music I watch.

My sister and alyways dance, sing along, and watch the videos. What's even better is that you can vote on the videos you want. So every week I look forward to watching the show just to find out if the video I chose got on there.

I also benefit from the show because I usually hear the song first on the countdown. So when I here it on the radio I'm like 'hey I heard that on VH1'.
  • I can't believe I'm the first person to write a review for this show!

Ok, so the Countdown is not that bad. It's a good show to watch on weekend mornings, when you wake up and are eating breakfast and stuff. Actually, thanks to this show I know my artists and have tons of music in my playlist. Watching the videos are also fun (unless you've watched them tons of times before!). Also, the fact that you get to vote for your favorite artists and music makes it even better! Even though I've only voted once ever! The one thing I don't like, however, is that it lasts for two whole hours! So, if you want to know which video hit numer one, you have to wait, and wait, and wait....
FUSE