Victorious Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

episode discussion: The Blonde Squad

83optics

[1]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 6

learned:

* it's better to hold the banana forwards...

* first aid ade

* those panties have been around.

* playing pirates > playing doctor

* Cat's revenge is best served with a soft voice.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[2]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 10

the ending was so cute. i really want robbie and cat to get together soon

marcdragicevic

[3]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 21
    The last line of the episode was a classic especially Robbie's reaction to Cat. She missed completely what he was getting at.

SweepsWeek

[4]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 4

I saw a bit of 'Charlie's Angels' at the beginning. The pose that Tori, Jade & Cat did at the beginning of the show was almost an exact replica of the pose seen at the beginning of every 'Charlie's Angels' episode from the original series (1976-1981).

NegiSpongie

[5]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 20
    I missed the beginning of the episode, but I really liked the rest of it. But I don't know why Cat was so upset about the guy not accepting her for not being blonde. It just shows how shallow he is, but this is Cat we're talking about.
    The ending was sweet. I was really expecting Cat and Robbie to get together, but maybe next time.

And boy, Cat's hair grew extremely fast after it was entirely cut off in the previous episode

alexspotsme

[6]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 15
    To be honest, this episode was a let down, besides the first part of the episode. The whole idea of the "Blonde Squad" was a terrific set up, but it kind of felt bland later on. Mainly since it focused on Cat going for a guy whose simply shallow and only dated blondes. Poor guy.

Cat, however, has me worried. I have enjoyed her character a lot, but she really disappointed me the most from this episode. Sure, she's clueless most of the time and is harmless, but the way this episode was structured (Going blonde to get a guy) wasn't right for her, imo. Not to mention, looking at how freaking tall that guy was compared to Cat, she looks really tiny. Whatever Dan is doing, I feel like Cat's gotten smaller than the earlier years of Victorious. She use to be everything today + a feisty personality, but she's dumbed that out. Plus she felt more mature back in the earlier episodes. Since Season 2, she's plainly been the small, cute red-headed one. Of course, she would also come into mischief with the gang and play along. That I will admit, she's adorable and funny. But that's it. My complaint is that she doesn't look as though her character is growing up or building more character.

This may just be me, but I want to see more out of Cat. However, I wonder if this actually just changes her character completely. I mean, we already got Tori, Jade and Trina. They could all be triplets/sisters, and Cat's height and red hair separates her from them the most.

All in all, I could be thinking too much, and it's just a kid show. No room for "growing up", in the kids/family genre. That's young sitcoms for you.

I wanna know one thing though, where in the world/what happened to Cat's boyfriend, Daniel? The one who dated Tori before, and she herself made a continuity of that during Season 1. After that, didn't hear a thing about their relationship. I guess Dan is making us assume they broke up.

Dan's been really shaky with relationship stuff for both iCarly and Victorious. Stuff like this from Drake & Josh/Zoey 101 were acceptable, for me at least.

BrookeParker

[7]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 12
    Yeah, that's what I said in my review. Cat's an idiot. Lol. Had to say it.

BrookeParker

[8]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 12
    Oh, and that guy was SO wrong for what he did at the end. I know he kinda was shallow like someone said though the whole episode. I said that in my review as well. Jade was being her usual self. Lol, as was Tori. Andre was funny. Sometimes, he can be a BIT much, such as in Who Did It To Trina when he KEPT going ON about his date when they were trying to figure out who caused the accident. That got REALLY annoying. And Jade was immature about posting it online.There a few other things as well. That episode came on today. Cat also was a TAD annoying.

frontman19

[9]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 14

I thought this episode was easily in my top 3 favorite episodes of the whole series. It was funny sure but most of all it was incredibly sweet, and it further proved what I've been saying since episode one, without Rex Robbie is without a doubt the best character on the show. He was so caring in this episode, even when he got angry he did it because he cared about Cat so much, he helped her with her wig so she could get the guy she liked, even though he liked her, he even wrote and sang her an amazing song. Yes Cat didn't get it, I knew it would happen because she isn't very bright, but also because she just got dumped. You aren't obligated to like someone just because they sang a sweet song for you, it takes more time than that. All in all though, great episode, Victorious has been on the rise lately and I'm looking forward to what is to come.

marcdragicevic

[10]Jul 2, 2012

I never noticed that. Dan tends to do that with a lot of episodes, referring them to old classic shows.

JonathonWolf

[11]Jul 2, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:

I never noticed that. Dan tends to do that with a lot of episodes, referring them to old classic shows.

Kind of makes sense. He's taking inspiration from the stuff that he grew up with. As an older fan, I remember when he was in his late teens/early twenties playing a super smart high school kid in "Head of the Class" back in the late 80s. I was still really young at the time, but I remember watching Charlie's Angles, Knight Rider, Shazam, and The Incredible Hulk. It wasn't until much later I saw The Breakfast Club, but those kinds of teen movies were really popular in the 80s.

marcdragicevic

[12]Jul 2, 2012
    A whole episode based on the movie 'The Breakfast Club.' I had to watch the movie before I watched the episode to get what Dan was basing the episode on.

mysticbeam

[13]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 11

one of the biggest problems i have with this episode highlights one of my biggest complaints i have about this show as a whole. This episode was a great oppertunity for some grwoth between kat and robbie but it just didnt happen because kat glazed over everything robbie said.

im finding that alot of the characters on this show dont grow, they stay stagnant or revert and go backwards.

jade, tori and robbie are probably the only characters that have grown.

marcdragicevic

[14]Jul 7, 2012
    I've found that Cat has changed a little bit.

mysticbeam

[15]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 11

Kat has changed..for the worse

i dont know why dan seems to think that making her increasingly more naive and stupid makes her funny because it doesnt.

alexspotsme

[16]Jul 8, 2012
    • level: 15
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about Rex. That's good. He was gettig on my nerves from the past two seasons, plus the blooper episode, and now that Dan has dumbed his appearances out a bit less, he's tolerable. This also gave Robbie some liking to my taste. He's less of a nerd now, too, so he has grown on me a bit.

Cat... is just constantly being ditzy and clueless. She may be comic relief, but her character is hurting.

loey12886

[17]Jul 8, 2012
    I thought this episode was really cute. I got to say I love Cat and Robbie, they make a cute couple. But I do got to say Cat isn't the brightest person really, since she couple get what Robbie was getting at with the song. But I'm sure she will understand what he's getting at later on in the show.

Also when Cat goes "you don't know what guys think" and Tori was shaking her head no I was like "ok why is Tori saying no to that". I get Cat saying that since she's not all that bright when it comes to things, but Robbie is a guy so he knows that guys things, that's what made me confused on why Tori was shaking her head no

marcdragicevic

[18]Jul 8, 2012
    Ariana said after this episode had aired, that Cat and Robbie would get together. I wonder how long for.

pokemonmonmon

[19]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 5

i liked the cat from earlier seasons. she was less dumb and more funny. not to mention she was less of a pushover. remember that episode where robbies grandma and cat were arguing? i wanna see that side of her a little more often. and if i were tori , i wouldnt have felt bad. any guy that dates a girl purely out of physical attributes isnt worth cats time anyway

pokemonmonmon

[20]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 5

alexspotsme wrote:
    To be honest, this episode was a let down, besides the first part of the episode. The whole idea of the "Blonde Squad" was a terrific set up, but it kind of felt bland later on. Mainly since it focused on Cat going for a guy whose simply shallow and only dated blondes.
    exactly