Victorious Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

iCarly/Victorious spinoff starring Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande

Just_Jos

[1]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 11

Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande will star as their respective ''iCarly'' and ''Victorious'' characters Sam Puckett and Cat Valentine as girls who become roommates and run a babysitting business, in the pilot tentatively titled "Sam & Cat".

There is already a topic about this in the ''iCarly'' board, but thought I would it here as well, since it is both an ''iCarly'' and a 'Victorious'' spinoff.

Source: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/02/nickelodeon-icarly-spinoff-victorious/

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this pilot which let's face it Nickelodeon will definitely green-light to series. I was really looking forward seeing Jennette playing a character that was not Sam Puckett, but oh well. Also, if Cat remains exactly the same on this pilot/show as she is now on ''Victorious'', I am going to get tired of this show real fast. This show is only to work for me if Cat is back to the way she was in the early season 1 episodes of ''Victorious''. I also feel like this is a desperate move by Nickelodeon to keep the ''iCarly'' franchise alive in some form (Noah Munck is also getting his own spinoff pilot, too as ''iCarly'''s Gibby). With Ariana Grande being the second most popular actor on ''Victorious'' (second only to Victoria Justice, of course) and Dan Schneider having yet to produce a flop for the network, this totally can't fail, right. Nonetheless I'll check it out when it premieres.

Edited on 08/05/2012 10:21am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Just_Jos

[2]Aug 10, 2012

C'mon people, let's talk about this project now! It's going to get more attention sooner or later now that ''iCarly'' is ending and ''Victorious'' is canceled.

Edited on 09/03/2012 8:34pm

Sheena-Lynn

[3]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm very sceptical about that. I did not really like Sam - I mean, okay, she was funny but also mean and tactless. And Cat is sweet and naive and sometimes instable. So, both of them? Together? Baby sitting? I don't know...

It could be funny but I hope it won't become ludicrous.

Edited on 08/13/2012 10:05am

georgiah24

[4]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 2

did u know jenette mcurdy will be on a new show fred the show

GULPJR

[5]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 5

I can already tell that this will be unsuccessful and cancelled after the first season. When will Nick realize that their massive ratings drop isn't because of the shows they're airing now, it's because these live action shows are cheesy and generic. Nick won't besuccessfulagain until they start focusing on their creator driven Nicktoons like in the 90's and early 2000's. Disney Channel's live action shows are just as bad, butat leastthey're starting to add more animation onto their schedule. have you seen Gravity Falls? It's one of the best shows to come out in years!

Just_Jos

[6]Aug 14, 2012

GULPJR wrote:

I can already tell that this will be unsuccessful and cancelled after the first season. When will Nick realize that their massive ratings drop isn't because of the shows they're airing now, it's because these live action shows are cheesy and generic. Nick won't besuccessfulagain until they start focusing on their creator driven Nicktoons like in the 90's and early 2000's. Disney Channel's live action shows are just as bad, butat leastthey're starting to add more animation onto their schedule. have you seen Gravity Falls? It's one of the best shows to come out in years!

I absolutely agree. The animated series that Nickelodeon had in the 1990s were brilliant, but once "SpongeBob" came into the picture, all the animated shows that came after that dwindled away and are not really cared about, with the exception of "The Fairly OddParents" and "Avatar: The Last Airbender", that latter of which is the BEST animated show of the 2000s, in my opinion.

Also, Nickelodeon relied way too much Dan Schneider for successful shows, not really caring about any other show that wasn't produced by him. Which is why they are in the position they are in right now. "Drake & Josh" was the last really good show Schneider put out. "True Jackson, VP'', was the last really good Nickelodeon sitcom of the past 3 or 4 years, but that show hardly got any of the promotion that ''iCarly'' and ''Victorious'' received, leading to its cancellation.

Edited on 09/14/2012 8:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

alexspotsme

[7]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 15
    I gotta say, I'm really disappointed to hear that Victorious is canceled. While I am glad the show is ending, because i felt like the show never really matured, hardly, and now it's ending without getting any progress made. That's mainly why I'm upset, albeit it's a fun show. Despite this, the show still felt young and fresh. Didn't feel a change in the viewing of the series.

It can't also hurt to try and watch Sam & Cat. Hopefully, Cat matures more and makes a lot more sense. We can only hope.

Gibby... I'm done with Gibby. Noah is an okay kid, but the Gibby today is starting to sound obnoxious and self absorbed. I miss the smaller and chubby Gibby. That was, of course, before Season 5 aired.

marcdragicevic

[8]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Not so sure about this show, with Victorious being cancelled; I don't have high hopes for this show after what Nick. did.

Just_Jos

[9]Nov 30, 2012

''Sam & Cat'' has officially been picked up to series, no surprise there. Source: http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/nickelodeon-picks-up-icarlyvictorious-spinoff-series-sam-cat-with-20-ep-order/

Still no word on the status of ''Gibby'', though.

marcdragicevic

[10]Feb 24, 2013
    • level: 21
    Awesome, 'Gibby; may not be picked up. Honestly I hope it isn't.