Victorious Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

Victoriou has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of July 2012.

marcdragicevic

[1]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 21

Victorious sadly will be ending according to Twitter and this magazine. It claims Victorious Justice has spoken to them.

http://www.mmm-mag.com/2012/08/m-exclusive-victorious-will-not-be-returning-for-season-four.html

Edit: Avan and Matt have confirmed this via twitter.

Edited on 08/10/2012 1:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kikimarie593

[2]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 27
    Sadly, it's true. Victorious is ending. This is so disappointing, as Victorious is one of the only well-written 'children' shows currently on TV. I'm not too thrilled about the idea of a Sam/Cat spin-off.

marcdragicevic

[3]Aug 10, 2012
    It's been confirmed by Matt Bennett and Avan Jogia. I wonder why it has ended.

kikimarie593

[4]Aug 10, 2012
    Dan Schneider tweeted half an hour ago that he's writing a blog about it. Guess we'll find out soon...

Just_Jos

[5]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 11

Wow, I was really caught off guard by this. But to be honest, the first nail in the coffin was the "Sam & Cat" spinoff. I just find it impossible for Ariana Grande to do both shows story-wise, no matter much Dan doesn't really care about continuity and messing up the universes within his shows.

Edited on 08/12/2012 8:41am

kikimarie593

[6]Aug 11, 2012
    Just_Jos wrote:
    Wow, I was really caught off guard by this. But to be honest, the first nail in the coffin was the "Sam & Cat" spinoff. I just find it impossible for Ariana Grande to both shows story-wise, no matter much Dan doesn't really care about continuity and messing up the universes within his shows.

I agree, it would have been weird for Ariana to be on both shows at the same time. But Dan said Victorious still would have been canceled even if there was no Sam & Cat. I think we were all expecting it to get renewed just because of how long iCarly lasted, but if you think about it most Nick shows really don't last that long.

stui8

[7]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 30

Its really unexpected. I mean i figured they'd just have Cat leave Victorious or something an continue it for a few more seasons. Nick doesn't know what they're missing out. I can understand Icarly ending as it will be a five year run that it went through and it had lived its life. it couldn't have gone on for ever like some shows. But, Victorious was ended to soon. It still had a lot of life left in it. Icarly and Victorious are the few shows on Nick worth watching.Bucketand Skinner was pretty good but they canceled it. House of Anubis is good but it doesn't air through out the year. I haven't seen Legend of Korra but if it's anything like its predecessor its awesome. If i hadn't know Gibby and Sam & Cat were on its way I'd give up on Nick.

Just_Jos

[8]Aug 11, 2012

kikimarie593 wrote:
    Just_Jos wrote:
    Wow, I was really caught off guard by this. But to be honest, the first nail in the coffin was the "Sam & Cat" spinoff. I just find it impossible for Ariana Grande to both shows story-wise, no matter much Dan doesn't really care about continuity and messing up the universes within his shows.
    I agree, it would have been weird for Ariana to be on both shows at the same time. But Dan said Victorious still would have been canceled even if there was no Sam & Cat. I think we were all expecting it to get renewed just because of how long iCarly lasted, but if you think about it most Nick shows really don't last that long.

When Dan said that Nickelodeon would have canceled the show even if "Sam & Cat" wasn't in the picture, I actually believe that. Let's be honest here, it was Nickelodeon that asked (demanded), that Dan's next show after ''iCarly'' be music-based. Create a show to be Nickelodeon's version of Disney Channel's "Hannah Montana". Victoria Justice sings, she had a development deal with Nickelodeon at the time, she already worked with Dan before on "Zoey 101'', the show created for her was ''Victorious'', the show was revolved around music and had signature Dan Schneider comedy, what could go wrong. Well, ''Victorious'' premiered after the 2010 KCAs to decent ratings and season 2 premiered after the KCAs again the following year, ratings still just decent, but the show never got ''iCarly''-type ratings numbers. "iSaved Your Life" is ''iCarly''''s highest-rated episode, ''Victorious'' does not have an episode like that ratings-wise. The soundtracks did not sell great, so ''Victorious'' did not become the "Hannah Montana" of Nickelodeon like Nickelodeon hoped. Also factoring in, the show is expensive to produce all those cast members, setting up the sets, putting in studio time for those songs. When it comes down to it, the cancellation of ''Victorious'' was clearly a business decision, a business venture that did not do as expected in the long run.

Ariana Grande was probably the best thing that Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon could salvage from ''Victorious'', the second most popular actor on the show, if not at this point, more popular than Victoria Justice, the show's actual star. Give her own show with the already popular Jennette McCurdy from ''iCarly'', the best of both worlds in one show is the perfect equation for a successful show as far as Nickelodeon is concerned. With that we have "Sam & Cat".

Edited on 09/14/2012 8:43pm

georgiah24

[9]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 2

hi i am new but i cant believe its going i was a big fan and also a big fan of ic and z101......as u can see i am a big fan of dan what ever his last name is i cant believe icarly had like over 100 epi and victorious had only a few and the shows shouldnt of been on at the same time because eveer since victorious came they were rubbish

georgiah24

[10]Aug 12, 2012

oh wow jenette mcurdy and ariande grande might be getting there own show thats so kwl cause there peeps that i like on it

Sheena-Lynn

[11]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 3

Wow, that caught me by surprise. I also wondered, how Adriana Grande would do two shows cause I did not believe they would write her off the show. But why end it? As many before said, it was a rather good show, it really had potential!

And what now? Is there another season or was "The Blonde Squad" the last episode?

Edit: Ok, sorry, read the Blog, there will be one more season, right? I hope it will be good. >.>

Edited on 08/12/2012 6:39am

Just_Jos

[12]Aug 12, 2012

Sheena-Lynn wrote:

Wow, that caught me by surprise. I also wondered, how Adriana Grande would do two shows cause I did not believe they would write her off the show. But why end it? As many before said, it was a rather good show, it really had potential!

And what now? Is there another season or was "The Blonde Squad" the last episode?

Edit: Ok, sorry, read the Blog, there will be one more season, right? I hope it will be good. >.>

There's 15 more episodes left in season 3. Knowing Nickelodeon, they might drag those episodes, airing the last episode next year.

georgiah24

[13]Aug 12, 2012

oh right its good that they have more epis coming cause i wanna see more of them

Edited on 08/12/2012 10:29am

georgiah24

[14]Aug 13, 2012
    georgiah24 wrote:

oh right its good that they have more epis coming cause i wanna see more of them

but i still dont wont it to go because icarly has made over a hundred episodes

pokemonmonmon

[15]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 5

i must say im shocked. this show is definitelyt in its prime and is definitely oen of the better shows on nick. on the bright side it didnt get dragged out like icarly did until the show was no longer worth watching. still though its sad to see it go. i guess from a business point its a smart choice considering the show wasnt doing as well as they thought it would but its still sad to see it go. at least the memories will be good ones

marcdragicevic

[16]Aug 15, 2012
    I find it really ironic that they cancelled the number 1 rated show on Nickelodeon. Have a look at the ratings...
    I don't understand how they can't find the money for it.

marcdragicevic

[17]Aug 15, 2012
    Also, Ariana has said that she was planning on going back next year to shoot both shows. She was so exited. Via. Her twitter.

monster_boy1

[18]Aug 15, 2012

I tell you, Nickelodeon is turning Victorious upside-down. There haven't been any new episodes in over a month, nor have the airdates of any new episodes have been mentioned on victorious.wikia.com in like 2 months. And they are choosing to ruin a good show by ending it. If I was Nick, I wouldn't end Victorious.

marcdragicevic

[19]Aug 15, 2012
    Victorious is the number 1 rated show, but it was a business decision in the end. Something to do with money, I suppose.

CristinaMccan

[20]Aug 24, 2012
    • level: 10

No way I loved Victorious but i'm happy that ICarly is gone too and Jeanette & Ariana are getting their own show so i can't wait for that!