Victorious

Nickelodeon (ended 2013)

marcdragicevic

Victorious Fan Reviews (149)

• Golden, Then Crappy

At this point, I'm pretty sure I've watched every episode (even if not start-to-finish) and I have to say one important thing: It fell off. It really did. I don't even know what I was watching by the final episode.

Season 1 was just flat-out entertaining and their best season. Everything was A-plus.

Season 2 was where the cracks started forming. It wasn't bad by any means. If anything, the jokes improved and it the hell, Season 2 was damn good. However, I couldn't help but think some of the show's wit disappeared.

Now, Season 3 is where the cracks started forming. The writing got lazier, and it somehow felt like Dan Schneider was starting to tease us. "The Breakfast Bunch," "The Worst Couple," "Tori Goes Platinum," and "The Blonde Squad" were the standouts. This is where Victorious officially took out iCarly as they won the Kids Choice Award for Favorite TV Show (an award that iCarly had won three years straight). At times, Tori was an asshole, Cat was just stupid beyond compare and Jade pretty much.

Season 4 was just an absolute piss stain. A piss stain to Victorious fans everywhere and a victory for those who love to criticize Nickelodeon and Disney Channel. Dan Schneider really pissed on us here. The season opener went pop instead of bam. "The Hambone King" was a failed sequel to "The Breakfast The B-plot for "Robbie Sells Rex" was trash. "The Bad Roommate" just irritated me by the end. And the series finale was crap as well. "Brain Squeezers" was God-awful. This might be the worst episode in Victorious history, and at most the worst thing Dan Schneider has ever written. How is it that I was ten times more entertained by Marvin Marvin than Victorious that night? Trust me, that's not a bad thing because Marvin Marvin was damn near excellent every episode when Victorious wasn't. I'm not saying every Season 4 episode was pitiful. It's just that there were way more failures than successes.

In the end, Victorious was something special. It was a pretty good show that could have went out on its own terms. I mean, it won two Kids Choice Awards. But too many things screwed it up. Nickelodeon cancelling it for no intelligent reason, high production costs, Sam & Cat (which doesn't hold up to either of the shows they came from), and really bad writing near the end. This is what Dan Schneider thought: "It doesn't matter how bad the show is. People will still love it because I'm Dan Schneider. I could have guys who throw flour, the gang getting physically assaulted on a game show that shouldn't even be on air, and the whole nine yards. If anything, the more stupid it is, the more popular it is. In your face, kids. I'm crapping on you, pissing on you, and stomping you out, and it will never matter because I'm Dan freaking

Overall, a show that went from really good, to decent, to absolute piss stain/finished in three years. At least iCarly waited four years to do that.