Video Game Vixens

Tuesday 9:00 PM on G4 Premiered Jun 07, 2005 Between Seasons

Video Game Vixens Fan Reviews (1)

• A group of judges rate the bodies, fashion, and "bouncing abilities" of famous video game vixens...

Obviously aimed at the men in the audience, Video Game Vixens actually tried really hard to come off as legit, and while doing so, ended up making some of the wackiest and funniest television in the process – although I don’t think that was what they had in mind.

Now, granted, I am not like any of the millions of fanboys who watch pixels bounce around to have fun – I am as straight as they come, and I will admit that the only reason I started watching was to see Hal Sparks host (can we say “hottie?”). Once I started watching, however, it was like I couldn’t stop. To see grown men and women actually taking this so seriously – I just couldn’t believe it! It was obvious that those with the biggest cleavage were going to be the ones to win, or at least make it past the first round – those like Croft of Tomb Raider for example. In the end, Tina from Dead or Alive ended up winning the title of G4’s Video Game Vixen of 2005, a fact which is really not that surprising.

Will there be a sequel? A 2006 version? Now that the pixels have been updated with the release of the 360, one can only assume there probably will be. And yet again, as long as Hal is hosting (or maybe even without him), I will watch it and probably find just as much funny about it as I did this past year. If you want to watch something that is truly absurd (even to a hardcore gamer like myself), Video Game Vixens is definitely the place to start.