Video On Trial Forums

Sunday 6:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Has Video On Trial Jumped The Shark??

What do you think about Video On Trial?

lare84

[1]Aug 3, 2010
    • level: 38

I am not very entertained by the show any more and there are a lot of reasons why.

1) THE VIDEOS... they just are not very good any more and they keep repeating them now ARGH!

2) THE JURORS... where are the good jurors? I haven't seen Ron Sparks in forever, or Nikki Payne, or many other of the very best jurors that made the show great to begin with. Also where are Frasier Young, Kerr (forget his first name), and others?

3) THE JURORS PT.2... they keep using the same jurors again and again and again and again to the point where I am just annoyed by them. Some of them are just really annoying and some used to be great but I am sick of them because they are on like every episode! The only one who is on all the time who I am not sick of is Debra D. and she along with Sparks are the best female and male jurors.

4) REPEATS... the show just repeats too much so when we see the same stuff again and again obviously it gets tiresome!

5) NO CANADIAN VIDEOS!!!... it would kill them to run some Canadian videos sometimes?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myskox

[2]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 3
    They never had Canadian videos! I think the big problem is the jurors, they keep using the same new people and the best jurors who made the show great are never on any more. Did they leave or were fired or what? I never watch any more even the reruns with the good judges because I have seen them all. This show is dead.

KEVSTA1

[3]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    I think it's a bit early to say it's "dead" but yes the big problem is 1) never had Canadian videos except one "special" they did and 2) the good judges all left the show/were fired, whatever.

lare84

[4]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 38
    Ron Sparks was on last night! Not sure why he was away for so long but hopefully this means he is back as a regular. I sent him a FB message but did not hear back yet still it has only been one day.

lruss

[5]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    Ron Sparks back is a good thing, he is the best juror who quit or fired or whatever but they are still missing some other good jurors holy shnikeys there are 6 votes all saying the jurors are not as good that says something, or maybe the show is just getting old to.

palmredrobot

[6]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 5

I do think that the earlier episodes are a lot better than the recent episodes, particularly seasons 1-3. My main problem with the show is the videos are getting a bit uninteresting.Also, I don't really like the new format of the show, because I really do like the verdicts and the opening voiceovers ("This video is charged for..." and "The jury should know...")

I also don't like the fact that the showrepeats videos a lot more than the older seasons did (the Halloween episode had 4 repeats, and the most recent Christmas special had 3 repeats). I do understand it in the cases of the "Worst of the Year" special shows, but seriously, no need for repeats....there are a lot ofterrible Halloween and Christmas videos out there waiting to be criticized.

I'm still watching, though, and once in a while, I do get a really funny episode. (I did like the most recent one, and Ron Sparks' return episode)

EDIT: So having watched more season 5 episodes, I can say that they need better videos and better jurors. But now I'm leaning more on "they need better jurors". I mean, some of the recent jurors are okay, but some of them are just bad.VOT should bring back more of the jurors from the older episodes, because most of them are hilarious.

Edited on 03/31/2011 8:16am
    Edited 3 total times.

lruss

[7]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 4
    Have to be honest except for seeing Ron Sparks come back I don't like the new episodes I have seen especially the holiday ones because you're right they repeate way to many videos.

BYarro

[8]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 2
    Looks like people aint happy with the jurors at all hope they bring back the good jurors cause i don't even really watch this show any more, new ones suck and old ones rerun to much so I'm tired of them all.

marsan77

[9]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 2
    I agree.