Viewtiful Joe Forums

The WB (ended 2006)

WHat is the Viewtiful Joe anime art style???

TigerFox332

[1]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 2

I am learning to draw this anime, but I need further reference on what art style this is. I know it isn't completely chibi, is there a name for this? also if u have any how-to-draw links id appreciate it!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XiaolinPrincess

[2]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    I have no idea. Also, I'm probably the only one who's still here on this forum so don't be surprised if no one else answers this question.

SkaSuperman

[3]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    There's no specific name for VJ's art style. Artwork for anime and video games related to Viewtiful Joe is very unique and doesn't have a specific style/name. It is just a "creative" and "independent" style that the artist uses. You will not find any how to draw links because the style isn't specific and nobody cares enough about Viewtiful Joe anymore... Sorry to break it to ya... The only advice I can offer is that if you have a Gamecube or Wii then pick up a copy of VJ RedHot Rumble. The game has 6 different art galleries with villains, heroes, minor and major characters, some random objects/items from the series, etc... Also if you're loaded with money then you could pick up some of the later copies of the anime on DVD which contain artwork and the scenery and backround art from the anime series... good luck! It's good to know there are still a couple of fans out there...

Kametsou

[4]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 31
    You wouldn't be able to draw this kind of art by hand. It's mostly computer-based. It looks a lot like cell-shading to me.

TigerFox332

[5]Mar 3, 2008
    the anime isn't celshaded I don't think. It's 2D so I think I can hand draw it but your probably right it would be hard

TigerFox332

[6]Mar 3, 2008
    SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST but if there are no how to draw links, can any1 provide me with any Large Original Character Artwork (like in red hot rumble for example.) Its hard to learn to draw it because there are so many poses he does lol. I need some characters standing straight up. and large scale ones too. Any help is appreciated!

Little_Terra

[9]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 1

Japanese RHR website has some images in the character and tubotop(?) sections. http://www.capcom.co.jp/vj/vj_battle/index.html