A Vikings Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on The History Channel

Puny Englishmen, don't get too comfortable. History has renewed its original drama Vikings for a third season, with a 10-episode order and a target date of 2015. By that time, Ragnar's son Bjorn might be 30-feet tall and as wide as a barn. That kid grew into a man and a half during the show's recent four-year time jump!

This renewal is as surprising as an English priest wetting himself in the face of a Viking attack, as Vikings has proven to be a hit for History. The show is consistently at the top of the cable charts on Thursday nights, averaging 3.4 million viewers per episode so far in its second season. 

History would also like you to know that Vikings Season 2 finale is scheduled for Thursday, May 1 and that there are six more episodes left in the season. It's not too late to catch up if you haven't yet checked out the show, and if you need some reasons why you should, I got them right here! A lot of people have asked me what I think of Season 2 so far, and after a soapy start, it seems to have gotten back to what made it so much fun in Season 1. Hmm, maybe I should start reviewing the show weekly...

54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm actually severely addicted to this! I need a time machine so I can go back and live as one myself...I'd love to be a shield maiden like Lagertha!
Flag
Best show that's come along in a long time. I love the authenticity and the characters, many of who are actual characters from history, Ragnar for instance is a real Viking, I don't want to be a buzz killer, but the information is already out there about what really happened to Ragnar, and how he met his death. It seems King Aelle finally gets his revenge on Ragnar by throwing him into a pit full of snakes. I wonder if the show will show this. Well I'm going to enjoy every minute of every episode for as many seasons as it lasts. I'm hooked!
Flag
Another Dane says SKÅL :-) This is indeed cause for a celebration, bringout the mjød and mushrooms :-D
Flag
Brilliant show and it does deserve it's own weekly review!! Once you accept that the first season didn't have a massive budget and the second season has an increase I can only see season 3 being epic!! the more investment the better the product we can expect and this product is already awesome. me an the lads have regular viking night once a week haha. watching the show I mean. Boss!!
Flag
great show love winnick
Flag
Hurray!!! this is great news, me and my hubby love this show! Is very good, even if it mixtures legend and history, I am okay with it, the result is sooo good!
Flag
Vikings is an awesome show! Why don't more people watch it?
Flag
Sweet:-) SKÅL from Denmark:-D
Flag
:))))))))))
Flag
Yes, I feel this show should be reviewed.
Flag
Thank Odin
Flag
Excellent series and it would be nice if it was reviewed!
Flag
Yes weekly reviews please! I wonder if the renewal changes wether or not a few characters are going to die this season?
Flag
A couple of centuries prior to Ragnar my favorite Viking was Fran Tarkenton.
Unfortunately- A lack of Shield Maidens and a Warrior who could hit what he is throwing at doomed the clan.
Flag
I love this show and most of its characters (not Rollo and not Ragnar' s new wife). Please, Tim, write weekly reviews.
Flag
Yes, please do post weekly reviews ! It's a great show, i could go with ten more seasons, including the four sons avenging Ragnar's death in England (we did see the snake pit in season 1) and Bjorn's adventures in the Mediterranea. Oh, and since it's only loosely based on History, i could totally watch Rollo establishing Nor-Man-dy in France.
Flag
it's "skål", not "skoal", you puny English(talking)man!

while i by no means regard Vikings great, but rather a guilty pleasure, i'm happy to see it renewed.
and as a Swede, and an Uppsala University Graduate, I still regard the Vikings portrayal of the city as maybe the most hillarous moment in television history :D
Flag
Maybe they can find one or two more Skarsgårds brothers to throw in to the mix. we grow those on trees here in Sweden :-).
Flag
Honestly they Skarsgårds did the best viking roles in movies,Mads Mikkelsen would be a great addition to the whole set
Flag
Well, duh!!! Of course it got renewed...its one of the best ones out there. Kudos for the somewhat true languages spoken, and not any ridiculous american accents.
Flag
YES!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Yes Tim, you SHOULD be reviewing this show weekly. :)
Flag
Yeaaahhhh \m/
Flag
When I first started watch, a friend called Vikings a cut-rate Game of Thrones. Now he's hooked.

Glad to know the killing will continue!

Flag
At least Vikings is based on true history and not some made up boring stuff....and yes, I find GoT boring. Are you gonna axe me now :)
Flag

Flag
I just recently jumped on the bandwagon. I did not like the premiere of the first season and was thinking it might not be as good as many here claimed it to be. Nearly wanted to give up but I am glad I did not as after episode two, I was hooked. I binge all of season one in a few days. I just watched season two episode one and still catching up season two and should be on par with everyone else soon.

It is a simple story but it is great fun to watch especially a tribe and lead character that loves plundering !
Flag
I love Lagertha. She's my fav and she's a shield maiden who don't mess around. She's caring and independent. Ragnar def screwed up there. Can't stand the princess and Floki is funny.
Flag
Skål, indeed!
Flag
My favorite character is Athelstan, but I like Lagertha too :)
Flag
Why aren't more of you voting for Floki? Is he brilliant madness not maddening enough for you? What more could you ask of a crazed recluse in those times??
Flag
Yes! More Vikings!!!!!!! Hopping they'll go to Comic Con this year too!! So happy That they're getting more recognition, the cast seems like really nice people, I wish them the best!!!

"Hmm, maybe I should reviewing the show weekly..." pleaseeeeee do!!!
Flag
I'm so happy I will watch the adventures of Lagertha, Ragnar and Floki in 2015 :)
Flag
I notice Rollo isn't on your list, no faith in his return, or just not one of your preferred characters?
Flag
I've never liked Rollo.

Also I totally forgot about Siggy - so it should be: "I'm so happy I will watch the adventures of Lagertha, Siggy, Ragnar and Floki in 2015 :)"
Flag
It was inevitable
Flag
Follow this Show
Members