Vikings

dhaworth

Vikings Fan Reviews (68)

• BEST SHOW

one of the best show OUT!!!! Its a must watch! #RAGNER
  • One of the best shows!!!

This show has everything in it drama, action, comedy, betrayal and many exciting other features. I just love this tv series!!!
  • Ragner Lothbrook

This is an amazing show. Started watching it Last year and OHHH MYYY i was missing out. Ragner (Fimmel) is an amazing actor the way he gets into . Lagertha Lagertha, Loved her from the fist episode, superb actress, superb role. let me stop now cz I will end up naming all of the characters and praising them for such a job well done. Floki, Rolo, Athelstan, Bjorn, Siggy. This is a must watch show.

The only bad thing is the 10 episodes per ssn. They are Tooooooo few.
  • Die Christian Ragnar Die!

Die you betrayer of the gods!
  • Stable episodes.

The only wrong thing about this series is the that there is too few episodes in one season.

I think this is better than Game of Thrones, and i can't remember any boring episode in Vikings at all.

I can't believe that quite a few people think that Vikings wasn't humans, while the brutal Romans were humans. DOH. Any kind of people in history had families etc, and Vikings is no exception.

Its always been known that Vikings had settlements spread worldwide atleast.

Vikings were in America long time before Columbus, and i think we will see that in a season, and probably in the mid-east too.

I think we can blame hollywood for portraying Vikings the wrong way all the decades. Hollywood even thinks that Vikings had helmets with horns while they usually didn't use helmets at all in real life.

I live in the sea area where this TV series is based on, which is a little bonus. :)

Trivia: Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Hoth scenes wasn't filmed far from the main Viking area in the TV series.

• Nordic History Unveiled

This is a close adaption of the Wars that went on back in the Days of Old when Knights were Bold, yada yada. I love it! The story is very interesting and after a couple episodes you are hooked! Not everyone's cup of Tea, but it is an excellent portrayal of how they fought over the lands to control & rule... These were some tough customers and it is not for the faint of heart, but none of the Wars in History were. Floki is just plain scary, but loyal to his people & Ragnar. It is not as vulgar or raw as the Game of Thrones, but very real as to how the Empires and Lands were devided. It also gives insight as to the Pagan Gods they worshipped. Can't wait for the new series coming up. Keep 'em coming!
  • Not what I expected

I started watching Game Of Thrones last year.

I thought there was no possibility that any series could be slower or more boring than GOT.

I was wrong.

How is it possible to turn a story about a mob of raping, pillaging, looting, sailing psychopaths, into scripts slower than cold molasses? 99.9% talk. .1% action.

Both series are now off my Record list.

• Lagertha season 3- what's going on?

Lagertha has to be one of my favorite characters ever, and that fact that she is based on a real Viking shield maiden is wonderful. I also admire Katheryn Winnick, who makes this iconic warrior woman believable. For season 3, one thing has been bugging me. She lost her lands to a man she entrusted to keep them safe. She did not ask for Ragnar's help to get them back, though her absence to go with Ragnar resulted in the usurping of her title. She also has not taken any real action, except to cast accusing eyes at the man who did this. Also, he is recruiting old enemies of Lagertha and Ragnar.

Then something occured to me. I could be wrong of course, but what if this man did not betray Lagertha? What if this is a ruse to attract the fringe of enemies of Ragnar and Lagertha? To get them into a an easy access group to take care of, along with any other traitors that decided to rear their heads? What if this is a long term plan? Maybe Lagertha and Ragnar came up with this together? They may be divorced, but they are still bound together by years of love and a son. I also do not imagine Lagertha being so compliant with losing her lands and title. Her remarks about losing her place are almost casual, done only to show she is not happy. I think she is planning. Lagertha and Ragnar have a lot of enemies. Some they have shown mercy too, that are sitll stupid enough to try and get revenge.

• Athelstan

is athelstan really dead i cant believe
  • awesome

I love this show so much. 10 weeks is just not enough. You need more episodes. Very excited to see what happens with the coming series. I am pretty sure my partner has a man crush on Floki lol. He's pretty cool
  • HEADS A SWINGING

THE WANDERER WAS AWESOME, I LOVE IT,I AM IT, AND I NEED MORE, ITS STIRS MY BLOOD. BEING A 6FT TALL WOMAN WHO FIGHTS ,THIS IS SOUL SATISFYING,I NOW HAVE MY WHOLE CREW WATCHES

I WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU ALL ON THIS SHOW CALL ME
  • This is the best!! You guys have to watch!

I just found this! So good! Love Athelstan!

Search Athelstan's Journal on the History channel!
  • love it

I am SO very excited - they start back NEXT WEEK FEB 19, 2015 - I just love this show - Thank you thank you and thank you!!!!
  • out class

waiting for next
  • Can't wait

I'm going Berserk waiting to raid again!!
  • This show and cast are great! An easy favorite.

Love this show! The historical aspects, casting and the action packed storylines are great, leaves you at the edge of your seat and wanting more.
  • Great Show

I saw both Seasons of this show by binge-watching when the DVD's came out. Not only was I pleasantly surprised, I loved how closely they remained true to history. I was intrigued by the many characters introduced in Sn 2 - and did several searches on people like King Ecbert and the kingdoms of Northumbria and Wessex. The kingdom of Mercia, another part of the continuing story, will play an important role in Season 3 - I can't wait!
  • An awesum but under-rated show :P

Vikings show a rather simple but gripping story line with lots of twists and the action sequences are damn good and so is the portraying of the world, would recommend this show to all the history and action lovers :D
  • Different Show - fun to watch

No mainstream crap - very good show: interesting setting, story, actors, awesome soundtrack.
  • Vikings

I love this show! I have watched both series and have been left salivating that it is no more until next year. What a show! The twists in the plot have had us cheering and glad they have survived once again!! Bring on season 3!!

10 out of 10
  • song??? the answer is:

the name of the song is "IF I HAD A HEART" BY FEVER RAY. I love the song too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A very Interesting Show.

Great sequence of events, hope the 3rd season brings more raids and surprises.
  • song?

doe anyone know the song in season 2 finale? it's the song at the end when King Horic attacks Ragners village? i tried to Shazam it but not luck. :(
  • 2015,ugh!

We love the show. Can't wait to find out what will happen next. We messed up the rating, it's totally a 10!
  • Who Cares About History?

According to the little that we know about Ragnar, King Horik I betrays Ragnar and causes his death in a pit of snakes at the hand of the English king. Did we just invent a third generation of King Horik?

Anyway, all I really want to know is the location of that lofty perch that new King Ragnar sits at the end of the show. What an incredible sight. Got to have some significance. Be great to have the coordinates and look it up on Google Earth.
  • Go the distance!

Brilliant show. I think it accuratly portrays the Vikings; strong but unorganzied, passionate but careless, intelligent but uncivilized. I love them but they were REALLY nasty pieces of work.

I just hope the show goes the distance. I hope it takes the Vikings straight to Great King Alred, the man who drove them back into the sea and unified England under one rule!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BATTLES IF THIS HAPPENS!!!???
  • Dark and bloody brilliant

I am absolutely enjoying this awesome show, i would rate it as high as Game of thrones.

I just wish there could be more than 10 episodes per season, can't get enough of it. 11/10.
  • Need 16 Episode Season

Vikings is definitely in the top 10 of best shows on TV. Just as a season starts and you are drawn into this "work of art show" the season is over as there are only 10 episodes in each season. The best way for a storyline to play out completely with the most detail and coverage of all angles to each situation we need either 65 minute episodes or 16 to 20 episodes per season. Without more episodes/longer episodes the show doesn't get enough of the story told. If they cut out some of the scenes so the story line can progress faster then the story suffers as we lose to much vital information and then we have a half ass poorly told story. As it stands right now, the story is great, with tons of plots and unexpected twists. The fans are not getting enough as you give us a taste of something so epic, but deny us from having anything close to enough of it to satisfy the craving from one season to the next. We need more, and if it's a money thing then some people are not doing their job correctly, as this show has so much to offer and needs to be marketed in a different way to cover the cost of more episodes each season. VIKINGS will sell itself. So it can't be a lack of money to order more episodes. If that is the case then bring some more people to the table to get behind this dynamic series called VIKINGS!
  • 10 episodes does not a season make

we fans need to lobby for more than ten episodes a season. Vikings is too good to be gone 42 weeks a year.
  • History doubters need to know their history for this uncharted area of history on TV.

Coming from Norwegian descent, and majoring in History in college, trust me, the historical aspect of the show is true. Storylines that are more in depth? This was a simple time. The History Channel has a real winner here. Knowing my history of this era of my true ancestors, and how things play out down the road, this show is right on the money. It is not over the top. Given many future episodes, characters and plots will get deeper with the overall audience acceptance. Awesome show for me. Vikings impacted the world tremendously. They were not afraid to venture anywhere. If you think Columbus got here first, go back and really read and watch History.
< 1 2 3