Vikings

Thursday 10:00 PM on The History Channel Premiered Mar 03, 2013 Between Seasons

dhaworth

Vikings Fan Reviews (51)

• An awesum but under-rated show :P

Vikings show a rather simple but gripping story line with lots of twists and the action sequences are damn good and so is the portraying of the world, would recommend this show to all the history and action lovers :D
  • Different Show - fun to watch

No mainstream crap - very good show: interesting setting, story, actors, awesome soundtrack.
  • Vikings

I love this show! I have watched both series and have been left salivating that it is no more until next year. What a show! The twists in the plot have had us cheering and glad they have survived once again!! Bring on season 3!!

10 out of 10
  • song??? the answer is:

the name of the song is "IF I HAD A HEART" BY FEVER RAY. I love the song too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A very Interesting Show.

Great sequence of events, hope the 3rd season brings more raids and surprises.
  • song?

doe anyone know the song in season 2 finale? it's the song at the end when King Horic attacks Ragners village? i tried to Shazam it but not luck. :(
  • 2015,ugh!

We love the show. Can't wait to find out what will happen next. We messed up the rating, it's totally a 10!
  • Who Cares About History?

According to the little that we know about Ragnar, King Horik I betrays Ragnar and causes his death in a pit of snakes at the hand of the English king. Did we just invent a third generation of King Horik?

Anyway, all I really want to know is the location of that lofty perch that new King Ragnar sits at the end of the show. What an incredible sight. Got to have some significance. Be great to have the coordinates and look it up on Google Earth.
  • Go the distance!

Brilliant show. I think it accuratly portrays the Vikings; strong but unorganzied, passionate but careless, intelligent but uncivilized. I love them but they were REALLY nasty pieces of work.

I just hope the show goes the distance. I hope it takes the Vikings straight to Great King Alred, the man who drove them back into the sea and unified England under one rule!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BATTLES IF THIS HAPPENS!!!???
  • Dark and bloody brilliant

I am absolutely enjoying this awesome show, i would rate it as high as Game of thrones.

I just wish there could be more than 10 episodes per season, can't get enough of it. 11/10.
  • Need 16 Episode Season

Vikings is definitely in the top 10 of best shows on TV. Just as a season starts and you are drawn into this "work of art show" the season is over as there are only 10 episodes in each season. The best way for a storyline to play out completely with the most detail and coverage of all angles to each situation we need either 65 minute episodes or 16 to 20 episodes per season. Without more episodes/longer episodes the show doesn't get enough of the story told. If they cut out some of the scenes so the story line can progress faster then the story suffers as we lose to much vital information and then we have a half ass poorly told story. As it stands right now, the story is great, with tons of plots and unexpected twists. The fans are not getting enough as you give us a taste of something so epic, but deny us from having anything close to enough of it to satisfy the craving from one season to the next. We need more, and if it's a money thing then some people are not doing their job correctly, as this show has so much to offer and needs to be marketed in a different way to cover the cost of more episodes each season. VIKINGS will sell itself. So it can't be a lack of money to order more episodes. If that is the case then bring some more people to the table to get behind this dynamic series called VIKINGS!
  • 10 episodes does not a season make

we fans need to lobby for more than ten episodes a season. Vikings is too good to be gone 42 weeks a year.
  • History doubters need to know their history for this uncharted area of history on TV.

Coming from Norwegian descent, and majoring in History in college, trust me, the historical aspect of the show is true. Storylines that are more in depth? This was a simple time. The History Channel has a real winner here. Knowing my history of this era of my true ancestors, and how things play out down the road, this show is right on the money. It is not over the top. Given many future episodes, characters and plots will get deeper with the overall audience acceptance. Awesome show for me. Vikings impacted the world tremendously. They were not afraid to venture anywhere. If you think Columbus got here first, go back and really read and watch History.
  • winnick

winner
  • Just watched 1st season.

Love it! Original!
  • Valhalla

This show is awesome and this season promises something great...
  • Gets better every episode

Stop what you are doing and watch this now. Much better than Game of Thrones - and I'm a GoT fan.
  • Should be better.

5.5
    With a fabulous cast, wonderful scenery and an era that had never been covered on non-pay tv as far as I remember. I'm not even disturbed by the simplicity of the stories. But the lack of dialogue and character development is annoying. This could have been a series that stole some Emmy's from HBO.
  • Back to the beautiful times.

Man i can't stop loving this show, it separates us from all this modernized dull time we live in and takes us to the beautiful times where every thing was simple and tasteful.
  • AWESOME

WOW Ragnar and the whole bunch of wild Vikings ROCK!
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW ( & TRAVIS & CLIVE ) :)

CANT WAIT TILL ITS BACK ON!!!!
  • excuse the pun - striking!

I'm afraid I can't remember my history classes on The Vikings very well, so whether this program is accurate, I cannot attest to. What I can verity is the scenery is breath-taking, the combat-furious and violent and the story lines are compelling.. I am looking forward to at least one more season, but more would be even better, as long as the quality of photography and writing remains the same. It is always fascinating to learn about other cultures especially with their myths and legends , so different from ours. The sooner, the better-bring it on.
  • VIKING LEGENDS

Think about the extraordinary journey that they were in the modern day USA before Columbus and one gets the feel for the impact the VIKINGS had on the globe. Simply put... excellent!
  • You cannot seriously make this a once a year production

I miss this program. You cannot seriously make this a once a year production. Good gosh .. get with it. Wake up over there in history channel land. You have a show with a wide audience... HURRY UP
  • returns

in 2014
  • Uninspired mess of black and white characters and cliches

We really wanted to like Vikings. The first episode had a very good atmosphere, an eerie Scandinavian ambience with the introduction of promising characters like Ragnar and Floki. However, instead of developping these characters the series went quickly downhill from the 3d episode on towards a mess of linear black and white characters, low budget effects, weak scripts that just do not hold up anymore these days against the dozens of strong told series out there (from Homeland to Game Of Thrones and Carnivale, you name it).

Clich after clich combined with sometimes plain weak directing and uninspired stories that one just does not buy, with all the goodwill in the world. I could not rate this any higher than a 4 in this day and age. Honestly it looks like a more violent Hercules or Xena the warrior princess. And that's not a good thing...
  • Pure love

I love this series and only want more.

The main characters are not invulnerable and that is one of the things I really like.

That you never know what to happen or who dies.
  • Anxious for Season 2

Seson 1 left us all with a sense of wanting more.. This marvelous tale is only at the beginning and I hope for a few more seasons...

• Best of the best

I love this movies
  • vikings

A wonderful and somewhat historical series. The acting is great and I think most all of the stars

will be big breakout stars in movies soon. Definitely refreshing and high-end entertainment at its best
< 1 2