Vikings

dhaworth

Vikings Fan Reviews (70)

• Vikings

2.5
    I am a Norwegian with real vikings as ancestors, and I feel that the show is disrespectful towards the memory of the vikings. I think that the people that have made the series are portraying their own ancestors, which are the British, as much better, more stylish and sofisticated. And they are also portraying the vikings as animals. I mean, where in history is it documented that vikings picked up and kissed street rats that walked around in France, like Ragnar did in season 3? I really doubt there is any evidence of that.

They also show them eating like pigs. I think they're doing this, because they want to make the vikings seem like they are really inferior to their own ancestors, which they want to make seem much better and innocent. But it is not like they were innocent nice people either. The British people have a long history of being brutal, so it is not like they should get any sympathy for being attacked. Because there's no reason to feel sorry for them, the way they acted. Still the series has an angle that makes it look like the British are sooo innocent, and are made to be the people your supposed to sympathize with. The series also looks like a little badly made "history reenactment" program. It is also a busted myth that the vikings were very dirty, actually they cleaned themselves often.

When attacking in France in season 3 it is also a killing of a viking that is made to be funny, so it is obvious that what the producers want to do is to ridicule people that are dead, that can't talk for themselves. I haven't watched all the episodes, but I watched the whole first season and some other episodes, and I feel that is enough. It's cool that they wanted to make a series about the vikings, but not with that angle, which actually is quite provocative.
  • Vikings ROCKS and sets the bar for others.

I've fallen into interest for shows through streaming that I would otherwise have never had the pleasure to see. Vikings is one of them but is flat out the best thing I've seen since Breaking Bad though I wouldn't compare the two other than in excellence. Basing a show loosely on historical events is awesome, as a history buff it think it introduces a whole new type of show. Dramatic, thrilling, informative (yes, admittedly with a * on historical accuracy given the nature of the accuracy for the period and Hollywood freedoms taken). There are other interesting periods in history, characters, and events that could be the basis of like shows. But for now I'm just reveling in the excitement of Vikings and watching Ragnar and Lagertha team up and create a show were few episodes are wasted and seasons should be longer. I hope this show lives long and the ability to keep the creativity remains at the level set to date. I had to re-evaluate my whole 1-10 scale based on this much like Breaking Bad caused me to do (that as it was a great show that ended with everything wrapped up with satisfying closure... done was done). Vikings can go many ways but to date the show has me hooked and after having the pleasure of streaming seasons 1-3 it's killing me waiting for season 4 and the spoonful at a time cadence regular programming enforces. Ragnar kicking butt with his ex on his side has proven to provide regular doses of excitement I hope will continue for years to come. As I said, if it runs out of story (how history runs out of story is hard to imagine) I love the notion of the history channel taking it sideways and doing the same in different regions and cast of characters in which the world was formed and cultures and countries formed, molded and shaped.
  • BEST SHOW

one of the best show OUT!!!! Its a must watch! #RAGNER
  • One of the best shows!!!

This show has everything in it drama, action, comedy, betrayal and many exciting other features. I just love this tv series!!!
  • Ragner Lothbrook

This is an amazing show. Started watching it Last year and OHHH MYYY i was missing out. Ragner (Fimmel) is an amazing actor the way he gets into . Lagertha Lagertha, Loved her from the fist episode, superb actress, superb role. let me stop now cz I will end up naming all of the characters and praising them for such a job well done. Floki, Rolo, Athelstan, Bjorn, Siggy. This is a must watch show.

The only bad thing is the 10 episodes per ssn. They are Tooooooo few.
  • Die Christian Ragnar Die!

Die you betrayer of the gods!
  • Stable episodes.

The only wrong thing about this series is the that there is too few episodes in one season.

I think this is better than Game of Thrones, and i can't remember any boring episode in Vikings at all.

I can't believe that quite a few people think that Vikings wasn't humans, while the brutal Romans were humans. DOH. Any kind of people in history had families etc, and Vikings is no exception.

Its always been known that Vikings had settlements spread worldwide atleast.

Vikings were in America long time before Columbus, and i think we will see that in a season, and probably in the mid-east too.

I think we can blame hollywood for portraying Vikings the wrong way all the decades. Hollywood even thinks that Vikings had helmets with horns while they usually didn't use helmets at all in real life.

I live in the sea area where this TV series is based on, which is a little bonus. :)

Trivia: Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Hoth scenes wasn't filmed far from the main Viking area in the TV series.

• Nordic History Unveiled

This is a close adaption of the Wars that went on back in the Days of Old when Knights were Bold, yada yada. I love it! The story is very interesting and after a couple episodes you are hooked! Not everyone's cup of Tea, but it is an excellent portrayal of how they fought over the lands to control & rule... These were some tough customers and it is not for the faint of heart, but none of the Wars in History were. Floki is just plain scary, but loyal to his people & Ragnar. It is not as vulgar or raw as the Game of Thrones, but very real as to how the Empires and Lands were devided. It also gives insight as to the Pagan Gods they worshipped. Can't wait for the new series coming up. Keep 'em coming!
  • Not what I expected

I started watching Game Of Thrones last year.

I thought there was no possibility that any series could be slower or more boring than GOT.

I was wrong.

How is it possible to turn a story about a mob of raping, pillaging, looting, sailing psychopaths, into scripts slower than cold molasses? 99.9% talk. .1% action.

Both series are now off my Record list.

• Lagertha season 3- what's going on?

Lagertha has to be one of my favorite characters ever, and that fact that she is based on a real Viking shield maiden is wonderful. I also admire Katheryn Winnick, who makes this iconic warrior woman believable. For season 3, one thing has been bugging me. She lost her lands to a man she entrusted to keep them safe. She did not ask for Ragnar's help to get them back, though her absence to go with Ragnar resulted in the usurping of her title. She also has not taken any real action, except to cast accusing eyes at the man who did this. Also, he is recruiting old enemies of Lagertha and Ragnar.

Then something occured to me. I could be wrong of course, but what if this man did not betray Lagertha? What if this is a ruse to attract the fringe of enemies of Ragnar and Lagertha? To get them into a an easy access group to take care of, along with any other traitors that decided to rear their heads? What if this is a long term plan? Maybe Lagertha and Ragnar came up with this together? They may be divorced, but they are still bound together by years of love and a son. I also do not imagine Lagertha being so compliant with losing her lands and title. Her remarks about losing her place are almost casual, done only to show she is not happy. I think she is planning. Lagertha and Ragnar have a lot of enemies. Some they have shown mercy too, that are sitll stupid enough to try and get revenge.

• Athelstan

is athelstan really dead i cant believe
  • awesome

I love this show so much. 10 weeks is just not enough. You need more episodes. Very excited to see what happens with the coming series. I am pretty sure my partner has a man crush on Floki lol. He's pretty cool
  • HEADS A SWINGING

THE WANDERER WAS AWESOME, I LOVE IT,I AM IT, AND I NEED MORE, ITS STIRS MY BLOOD. BEING A 6FT TALL WOMAN WHO FIGHTS ,THIS IS SOUL SATISFYING,I NOW HAVE MY WHOLE CREW WATCHES

I WANT TO LIVE WITH YOU ALL ON THIS SHOW CALL ME
  • This is the best!! You guys have to watch!

I just found this! So good! Love Athelstan!

Search Athelstan's Journal on the History channel!
  • love it

I am SO very excited - they start back NEXT WEEK FEB 19, 2015 - I just love this show - Thank you thank you and thank you!!!!
  • out class

waiting for next
  • Can't wait

I'm going Berserk waiting to raid again!!
  • This show and cast are great! An easy favorite.

Love this show! The historical aspects, casting and the action packed storylines are great, leaves you at the edge of your seat and wanting more.
  • Great Show

I saw both Seasons of this show by binge-watching when the DVD's came out. Not only was I pleasantly surprised, I loved how closely they remained true to history. I was intrigued by the many characters introduced in Sn 2 - and did several searches on people like King Ecbert and the kingdoms of Northumbria and Wessex. The kingdom of Mercia, another part of the continuing story, will play an important role in Season 3 - I can't wait!
  • An awesum but under-rated show :P

Vikings show a rather simple but gripping story line with lots of twists and the action sequences are damn good and so is the portraying of the world, would recommend this show to all the history and action lovers :D
  • Different Show - fun to watch

No mainstream crap - very good show: interesting setting, story, actors, awesome soundtrack.
  • Vikings

I love this show! I have watched both series and have been left salivating that it is no more until next year. What a show! The twists in the plot have had us cheering and glad they have survived once again!! Bring on season 3!!

10 out of 10
  • song??? the answer is:

the name of the song is "IF I HAD A HEART" BY FEVER RAY. I love the song too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A very Interesting Show.

Great sequence of events, hope the 3rd season brings more raids and surprises.
  • song?

doe anyone know the song in season 2 finale? it's the song at the end when King Horic attacks Ragners village? i tried to Shazam it but not luck. :(
  • 2015,ugh!

We love the show. Can't wait to find out what will happen next. We messed up the rating, it's totally a 10!
  • Who Cares About History?

According to the little that we know about Ragnar, King Horik I betrays Ragnar and causes his death in a pit of snakes at the hand of the English king. Did we just invent a third generation of King Horik?

Anyway, all I really want to know is the location of that lofty perch that new King Ragnar sits at the end of the show. What an incredible sight. Got to have some significance. Be great to have the coordinates and look it up on Google Earth.
  • Go the distance!

Brilliant show. I think it accuratly portrays the Vikings; strong but unorganzied, passionate but careless, intelligent but uncivilized. I love them but they were REALLY nasty pieces of work.

I just hope the show goes the distance. I hope it takes the Vikings straight to Great King Alred, the man who drove them back into the sea and unified England under one rule!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE BATTLES IF THIS HAPPENS!!!???
  • Dark and bloody brilliant

I am absolutely enjoying this awesome show, i would rate it as high as Game of thrones.

I just wish there could be more than 10 episodes per season, can't get enough of it. 11/10.
  • Need 16 Episode Season

Vikings is definitely in the top 10 of best shows on TV. Just as a season starts and you are drawn into this "work of art show" the season is over as there are only 10 episodes in each season. The best way for a storyline to play out completely with the most detail and coverage of all angles to each situation we need either 65 minute episodes or 16 to 20 episodes per season. Without more episodes/longer episodes the show doesn't get enough of the story told. If they cut out some of the scenes so the story line can progress faster then the story suffers as we lose to much vital information and then we have a half ass poorly told story. As it stands right now, the story is great, with tons of plots and unexpected twists. The fans are not getting enough as you give us a taste of something so epic, but deny us from having anything close to enough of it to satisfy the craving from one season to the next. We need more, and if it's a money thing then some people are not doing their job correctly, as this show has so much to offer and needs to be marketed in a different way to cover the cost of more episodes each season. VIKINGS will sell itself. So it can't be a lack of money to order more episodes. If that is the case then bring some more people to the table to get behind this dynamic series called VIKINGS!
< 1 2 3