Vikings

Rites of Passage

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Mar 03, 2013 on The History Channel

• omg love it

Love this series
  • You have your father's eyes!

Look at my title, then come back here. That was the biggest BS I have ever heard. Bjorn clearly had brown eyes! Some things bother me about the pilot, naturally as with most pilots. They are in Scandinavia yet they do not speak the language and when they do it sounds like some sort of gibberish (I should know, I live there). Having broken accents does not make it okay that you speak English in a country where apparently you've never sailed west to actually encounter a English speaking country. That last one almost bothered me as much as the comment concerning the eyes. If I am to look at the episode at a whole I thought it was good enough for me to proceed with the season but with minor nuisances!
  • Rites of Passage

Rites of Passage was a spectacular beginning to Vikings. The visuals effects and backgrounds were amazing and beautiful. The characters are awesome and played by great actors. I like the stor even if not 100% accurate. I like how Ragnar sees the world, and perhaps his Gods. The action scenes were explosive and not as gory as I expected. The drama intensified as the episode progressed. This world has captured me and I can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!!

• History is fun again

This docudrama is very well written
  • Not a bad opener.

It got me interested enough to watch the next episode.
  • Fantastic

I didn't know about it until I watched it. Very compelling. Good looking cast. Cannot wait to see the rest now.
  • Rites of Passage

Think of this show as Game of Thrones light. The HBO series on a diet, because that is what it felt like to me.

It was intriguing, but a little odd at times. What in the name of Valhalla was that Yoda-like thing at the end talking to him?

The good thing is that they limited the number of characters, unlike Game of Thrones where you have to spend hours on the internet to find out who everyone is and where they stand.

I'll watch it again.