Number of Episodes?

Dark_Sieg

[1]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 23
    How many episodes of Voltron were there?  According to our guide there were over 100, but a lot of other websites say there is around 70.  With the DVDs being released with around 15 episodes at a time across 5 volumes (that I know of) it seems that the 75 episode guides were right.  If there are over 100 episodes like the guide here states, will a 6th volume be released with the remaining 50 episodes on it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Jan 5, 2007
    • level: 38
    This guide includes the Vehicle Voltron episodes as well as the Lion Voltron.  I have no idea if the Vehicle episodes will ever be rerun or released on DVD, since I don't think they were as popular even though I liked them.

SupermanNYC

[3]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 45
    Dark_Sieg wrote:
    How many episodes of Voltron were there? According to our guide there were over 100, but a lot of other websites say there is around 70. With the DVDs being released with around 15 episodes at a time across 5 volumes (that I know of) it seems that the 75 episode guides were right. If there are over 100 episodes like the guide here states, will a 6th volume be released with the remaining 50 episodes on it?
    The reason why you have over 100 episodes is because this site list both Voltron series from the 80's. Voltron Lion force and Voltron Vechicle force.

bigblue072

[4]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    From what I had read on various anime sites, I thought the plan was to release at least 8 volumes. Presumably, after they release the remainder of the "Lion Voltron" sets (the Green, Red, and Black sets), they'll release the "Vehicle Voltron" episodes in three sets (divided by Air, Land, and Sea teams, maybe?).

My concern is if they are going to include the "made for America" episodes of the "Lion" series (the ones that had Merla, Queen of Darkness in them, among other things) in the five "Lion" sets. Even though these weren't part of the original Japanese series, the completist in me wants all the Voltron there is.