there was a voltron spin off

strbck25

[1]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    there was one with 21 cars that when they were formed the formed the robot does anyone know the show or the title it looked really bad what do u guys think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 38
    That was also called Voltron.  When the show was first broadcast, they alternated between showing the Lion Voltron episodes and the Vehicle Voltron episodes.  There were only 15 vehicles that made up Voltron, though.  The episodes seem to be in this guide under Season 2.  A lot of people didn't like this version, but while I liked Lion Voltron better, I enjoyed this one as well.  I don't know if it'll ever come out on DVD or be rebroadcast in any way, because it just wasn't as popular.

SupermanNYC

[3]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 45
    enervator wrote:
    That was also called Voltron. When the show was first broadcast, they alternated between showing the Lion Voltron episodes and the Vehicle Voltron episodes. There were only 15 vehicles that made up Voltron, though. The episodes seem to be in this guide under Season 2. A lot of people didn't like this version, but while I liked Lion Voltron better, I enjoyed this one as well. I don't know if it'll ever come out on DVD or be rebroadcast in any way, because it just wasn't as popular.
    Thats correct. Both series are included in the episode guide.

strbck25

[4]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    i never liked the other voltron either it was really bad

enervator

[5]Apr 15, 2007

strbck25 wrote:

I don't think it was that bad.  I think the biggest problem with it is that they tried to pass both Voltron series off as happening at the same time and in the same universe, when in fact they were two completely different shows having absolutely nothing to do with each other.  There were just too many differences between the two shows to make it believable that they were happening in the same universe.

SupermanNYC

[6]May 30, 2007
    • level: 45
    enervator wrote:

strbck25 wrote:

I don't think it was that bad. I think the biggest problem with it is that they tried to pass both Voltron series off as happening at the same time and in the same universe, when in fact they were two completely different shows having absolutely nothing to do with each other. There were just too many differences between the two shows to make it believable that they were happening in the same universe.

No, one was near and one was far. They did do a episode with the two meeting up at the end of the series.

enervator

[7]May 30, 2007
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    enervator wrote:

strbck25 wrote:

I don't think it was that bad. I think the biggest problem with it is that they tried to pass both Voltron series off as happening at the same time and in the same universe, when in fact they were two completely different shows having absolutely nothing to do with each other. There were just too many differences between the two shows to make it believable that they were happening in the same universe.

No, one was near and one was far. They did do a episode with the two meeting up at the end of the series.

Yes, I know one was near and one was far, and one was middle too, although that series never got made.  But it was still all one universe.

eanne80

[8]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Yeah I never liked the cars one nearly as much as the lions.
    Always thought the animation was a little worse and the stories lacked heart, all this when I was between 5 and 10 years old! And I disliked it that much that I still remember it and why! Also I have discussed this with a friend or two in the past, they also liked the lions better, seems that it was just a more polished show.

Jambo_1

[9]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 2

Voltron was originally suppose to be a trilology like Robotech. Combined three unrelated anime series into one. The lions is Voltron III, Vehcile Voltron I, Voltron II is the three robots combin into one,

EricDent1

[10]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Yep, that is true. They actually released some of the toys for the "Gladiator" Voltron (the 3 robot one) in the USA under the Voltron toy line.

Also just to let you know both Lion & Vehicle Voltron are on (or coming soon)DVD. If you always wanted to see the difference (and believe me there is a BIG one) between the Japanese version Lion Voltron (called Beast King GoLion)and the USA version, it is also on DVD. I heard that the Vehicle version is also going to be released in the Japanese version, not sure when.

liquidduck20

[11]Jul 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    Ok so I have been trying to remember the name of this show for years and maybe you guys can help. I think it was made by the people who made Voltron ( there might have even been some cross show jumping) anyways all remember was there a robot in a water fall and the hero guy in a red jumpsuit, jumped into a red plane and flew it onto the robot's head, and thats how he controlled the robot. It was just him not a group of people. Any Ideas I've been trying the think of the name of this show for at least 5 years.

kckidmatt

[12]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 1

I think that sounds like Battle of the Planets. The leader Mark flew a red plane that "transformed" into a red jet plane.

antdude

[13]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 27
    Lions rule.