TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Voltron movie coming in 2008...

Teentitansrock

[1]Feb 12, 2006
    • level: 10
    It looks wicked.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nishikaze

[2]Apr 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    It'll probably suck, but have good special effects... I definately be there.

Auroraaye

[3]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    I'm totally there and very excited. I love Voltron, <3 I know that I'll be buying my ticket probably months before  the movie comes to my area. 

SupermanNYC

[4]Jun 10, 2006
    • level: 45
    I agree, I've always waited and wanted to see a live action movie about this cartoon. When you think of it, the makers of the power rangers kind of took this idea from this voltron cartoon. I can't wait for this movie to come out

Auroraaye

[5]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 4

SupermanNYC wrote:
    I agree, I've always waited and wanted to see a live action movie about this cartoon. When you think of it, the makers of the power rangers kind of took this idea from this voltron cartoon. I can't wait for this movie to come out

I grew up with the Voltron Defender of the Universe toon and I wonder who will play each character. They better make Keith a hot hunk. -.0' or I'll be sending some nasty letters if he's a nerd.

enervator

[6]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 38
    Like the upcoming Transformers movie, I'm not sure if this is going to be really good or really bad, or maybe somewhere in between, but no matter what I'm glad it's happening and am definitely looking forward to it.

The_Rebell

[7]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    I hope the movie isn't a flop.  Some of the series to movie things don't turn out so good.  Hopefully they can prove me wrong.  I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

dsilverman

[8]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    Voltron Rules! I'm totally stoked! I heard rumors that therer is a concept sketch floating around the internet. Has anyone seen it? I'd love to take a look.

DrGreene422

[9]Dec 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    If they screw up the Lion/Voltron designs the way they are messing up the live action Transformers designs, count me out. Have you guys seen any of the TF pics for the new movie? They look awful!

SupermanNYC

[10]Jul 8, 2007
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Wow, I've made that post over a year ago and that means that we only have months before this movie comes out. (Less than a year)

Alzatia

[11]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    There are ppl assuming that Paramount's Project "Cloverfield" could be the Voltron film,if it is,expect Voltron to be kicking ass on modern day Earth xD

SupermanNYC

[12]Jul 17, 2007
    Alzatia wrote:
    There are ppl assuming that Paramount's Project "Cloverfield" could be the Voltron film,if it is,expect Voltron to be kicking ass on modern day Earth xD
    I don't think it is, I just checked out the trailer for that and its don't seem like it to me. Besides that, Voltron is going to be a summer movie.

Alzatia

[13]Jul 17, 2007
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Alzatia wrote:
    I don't think it is, I just checked out the trailer for that and its don't seem like it to me. Besides that, Voltron is going to be a summer movie.

Yeah I did a little search last night on the Voltron movie and Mark Gordon is producing it. So w/e "Cloverfield" is,is beyond me.

alpha_Bravo_A_B

[14]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    voltron will be summer 2008. So still one year of waiting(had the same feeling last year with tf coming up) I think you need to take it like tf as a seperate universe and only bringing hommage to the original. That way the tf were great too. They need to make it interesting to a lot of people or else it will have power rangers special effect budgets.
    As for power rangers it depends on who's first but I think it's a voltron rip off.

Alzatia

[15]Jul 23, 2007
    It IS a voltron rip-off. >.>

http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=65

Supposed Script review. If it is,the movie seems quite interesting IMO.

Will_Vandom

[16]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 6
    I have an email with the "supposed" script attached to it, haven't had a chance to read it, as it is EXTREMELY long. Can't wait for the movie though, been a Voltron fan since it originally aired in the 80's.

Alzatia

[17]Aug 3, 2007
    Will_Vandom wrote:
    I have an email with the "supposed" script attached to it, haven't had a chance to read it, as it is EXTREMELY long. Can't wait for the movie though, been a Voltron fan since it originally aired in the 80's.

Im not a hardcore Voltron fan,but am quite fond of giant robots and grew up watching Voltron. Lol,cool,hope reading it all is worthwile. *seriously hopes they know what they are doing with this movie* It can go either way. ^^'

RICEA42991

[18]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    I just hope they keep it Keith driving it just saw TF and even though it was neat and Shila's acting was good they never drove them and the robots had minds of their own I hope in Voltron they keep it them driving them and the whole assemble thing I don't want them ruining one of my fav animes growing up
    Edited on 10/17/2007 7:08am

davsul

[19]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    Where did you hear this from?

twopratt

[20]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    I hope they stay faithful to the cartoon and not do the same thing they did to the Transformers movie. They took to many liberty's and that ruined it for me. Please do a good job of this movie.