Voltron sure is full of inconsistancies

cage_fire_2000

[1]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 5
        I never really noticed before(I was a lot younger when this show was last shown), but voltron is full of graphical inconsistancies, for example today I noticed there was an inconsistancy with the sequence where they insert the keys, it's really subtle, and you can't really notice it unless you go frame by frame. It's actually hard to describe in words, but if you watch the middle part between the two halves of the key you should see it change slightly, at least in episode 6 that I noticed it today.

It's really interesting when you watch a cartoon this old and you notice so many times where they recycle footage, it must've been a lot more time consuming to make new animations back then.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupermanNYC

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 45
    cage_fire_2000 wrote:
    I never really noticed before(I was a lot younger when this show was last shown), but voltron is full of graphical inconsistancies, for example today I noticed there was an inconsistancy with the sequence where they insert the keys, it's really subtle, and you can't really notice it unless you go frame by frame. It's actually hard to describe in words, but if you watch the middle part between the two halves of the key you should see it change slightly, at least in episode 6 that I noticed it today.

It's really interesting when you watch a cartoon this old and you notice so many times where they recycle footage, it must've been a lot more time consuming to make new animations back then.
    Episode 6 of the first season ?

cage_fire_2000

[3]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    Err, yeah, the one they showed on Cartoon Network just recently.

SupermanNYC

[4]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 45
    cage_fire_2000 wrote:
    Err, yeah, the one they showed on Cartoon Network just recently.
    Sorry I'm just responding to this but yes you're right. Back then it really wasn't as good as they are now with things like this. I personally wish they would do the whole series over. Same storyline, but done over.

McRazor

[5]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 13
    What they need to do is to release the original unedited Japanese dubbed version, or atleast with subtitles!

ldaesch

[6]Jul 6, 2007
    • level: 3

According to the original press release for the Voltron DVD sets, Media Blasters claimed that in addition to the Voltron sets, that they would be issuing sets for Golion and Dairugger XV (the original Japanese versions of the first season of Lion Voltron and Vehicle Voltron).

I hope they still do intend to put out the sets for Golion and Dairugger XV. I've been wanting to see the original Japanese verion of Voltron for YEARS.