When does Svencome back?

15ATAC

[1]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    im watching the dvd set 1 and im almost done and he is still out. i remember that he gets captured and sent to planet doom much later in the series.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvthemes

[2]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 6

Lol, you answered your own question.

In the Japanese version of the show, Sven actually got killed and the Sven on Planet Doom was actually his brother.

Lokar

[3]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 26

Wow, I never heard that! Lucky fans in Japan get to see the original of everything!

shannonmuir

[4]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    15ATAC wrote:
    im watching the dvd set 1 and im almost done and he is still out. i remember that he gets captured and sent to planet doom much later in the series.

It's nearly at the end, and then he and Lotor are both supposedly gravely injured again, but that's his brother dying in the Japanese series.

To further confuse matters, Sven does return in the second season (which World Events specifically commissioned for American audiences and was not made from the Japanense GoLion footage) in a few episodes, including one where he pilots Blue Lion again. Does any of that answer your question or do you need more?

shannonmuir

[5]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 11
    Lokar wrote:

Wow, I never heard that! Lucky fans in Japan get to see the original of everything!

Well, the first season of VOLTRON actually is footage of what was originally a Japanese show dubbed and edited into the English language. The second season of the show was created specifically for non-Japanese (largely American as the company was American but VOLTRON was a worldwide hit) audiences.