Which Voltron was better?

Blaqx

[1]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 1

For me the best Voltron was with the lions. I reallydidn't care to much for the car one. Thats just my opioin, whats yours?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alzatia

[2]Dec 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    Lions. =3

sieckman222

[3]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    voltron has more than one series one with lions i remember but what are you talking about cars

missraye

[4]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 18
    Voltron with Lions was MUCH better than the one with vehicles... the problem with the vehicles was the number of characters. Instead of one arm made up by one lion there were numerous vehicles for each limb.

I guess that would make for more drama...if one part is lost the robot couldn't form...

davsul

[5]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 10

My personal favorite is the lion Voltron. For some reason I just can't get into

the car Voltron.

The need to make a Voltron movie! With todays special effects and a good script

it good be a great movie!

twopratt

[6]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 23
    The lion voltron was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the car one. To many characters and not enough engaging storylines. Plus, who wants to buy 50 plus vehicles to form a robot.

EricDent1

[7]Jun 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    OK so the Lion one is popular, obviously it did focus on a lot less people than the Vehicle version did.

BTW both of the Japanese shows they used to make Voltron are supposed to be coming on DVD. The Lion version (Beast King Go Lion) allready has a 3 disc set out (18 episodes). There are going to be 3 sets.

Not sure when Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV (Vehicle Voltron) is coming out. Maybe after Go Lion is done. BTW in the English version, the voice actors they used are pretty darn close to the Japanese version. Especially Haggar, King Zarkon, and Princess Alura (of course they have different names in the Japanese version).

Also they were supposed to make a third Voltron. The Lion was the Voltron of the "Far" Universe, Vehicle was "Near", and the 3rd (Which was going to be made from the show Lightspeed ElectroGod Albegas) was going to be the "Middle".

They never made the show, but did have toys under the Voltron toy line from Bandai (I bought one at Disney World's Tommorowland back in the late 80s). Basically it was 3 smaller robots that combined into a larger robot. I only got one of them, cause IIRC they were about $20 each (and for a kid that is a lot).

dbrown2009

[8]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 12

No question, the Lions were better. They were definitely more popular. The one Voltron force with the three robots never aired in the U.S., and the Vehicle Force has not aired in the U.S. since its original showing in the mid-80's. Both the original first season, and the U.S. only second season of the Lion Force still airs Monday-Friday at 9:30pm CT on Boomerang.

rstevens9

[9]Feb 6, 2009
    • level: 5
    The Voltron with the Lions was the best. I honestly can't remember the other one.

blondwildboy

[10]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    The lion voltron was alot better. I never liked the vehicle voltron. The vehicle voltron had too many characters. It was confusing and boring. VERY BORING! So yeah, I pick the lion voltron. It was so much better for so many reasons.

Jambo_1

[11]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 2

I choose the Lion Voltron,

wubbledub

[12]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 1

I am obviously in the minority, but I liked the Vehicle Force Voltron way better. I thought the vehicles were cooler and the stories more interesting. As a kid I just thought that vehicles shaped like lions was really lame.

icemannz

[13]May 22, 2011
    • level: 2
    I have to agree with the majority.. the lion Voltron series was far superior. I remember as a child when after school programs came on I was always excited when it was Voltron time.. even during repeats. And I always remember feeling very dissapointed when they would air the vehicle voltron episodes.

antdude

[14]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 27
    Lions for me too. I also made a poll a few months ago about this: http://aqfl.net/node/8706 ...