Will never happen, but, would you like a Re-dub of Voltron?

Do you think you'd enjoy a re-dub of Voltron?

Bahamut_Fan

[1]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 9

I have been watching Voltron on CN recently and some of the VAing and dubbing is horrible I think. Almost any generic female for example sounds like a guy is trying do do a female voice which really sounds awful. Also, I think some episodes need a lot of work as they barely make sense.

An example would be the episode called "Short Run of the Cenipede Express" (I think that's the one) in which Lotar keeps dreaming about Allura. But it's farily easy to tell that it's NOT Allura he's dreaming about (at the end of the episode he sees an image of Allura who then changes into another blond haired woman). I was going throught that episode wondering who the heck that strange woman was. Was it a memory of his mother or something?

Anywho, I just wanted to rant a bit and see who, if anyone, agreed with me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[2]Mar 16, 2007
    • level: 38
    I think that one of the biggest flaws with most dubbed Anime is that it's usually poorly done, although at the same time that is seen as one of its appeals.  I'd honestly prefer to see a subtitled version of Voltron (uncut, preferably), because I think you lose a lot less in translation.

SupermanNYC

[3]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 45
    Bahamut_Fan wrote:

I have been watching Voltron on CN recently and some of the VAing and dubbing is horrible I think. Almost any generic female for example sounds like a guy is trying do do a female voice which really sounds awful. Also, I think some episodes need a lot of work as they barely make sense.

An example would be the episode called "Short Run of the Cenipede Express" (I think that's the one) in which Lotar keeps dreaming about Allura. But it's farily easy to tell that it's NOT Allura he's dreaming about (at the end of the episode he sees an image of Allura who then changes into another blond haired woman). I was going throught that episode wondering who the heck that strange woman was. Was it a memory of his mother or something?

Anywho, I just wanted to rant a bit and see who, if anyone, agreed with me.

I think they should do the re-dub thing. Same storyline, but re do it.

McRazor

[4]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 13
    Of course, they should do it! I think they've done that with Robotech recently!