Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Planet of the Bats

Aired Unknown Sep 21, 1984 on

• Explorer discovers an ancient planet that was home to a now extinct civilization. The Land Team explores the planet and discover a large group of bats. The bats attack and infect team member Modok with a virus. Can the cure be found?

One thing that can definitely be said about Vehicle Voltron in this early time in the series is that there is certainly no shortage of well made battle sequences and plenty of action. This episode was abit formulaic (I think it could not have been more obvious that Modok would rejoin the team despite his illness and help save the day.), but it is entertaining enough for me to recommend it. As with Lion Voltron, watching Voltron do battle with the Drule's robeasts is always the highlight of the series. The battles are always right on the money. Go Voltron!
  • Hagger puts an spell on Allura.

Hagger tells King Zarkon,that she has an plan.By using the white lion and casting an spell on Allura of her dream of the white lion than they could capture Princess Allura and destory Voltron.Allura begins to have an strange dream after hearing her father's voice.She begin to follow the white lion and run out toward the woods.Concern worried Nanny and Coren asked the others to go and looked for Alura.When Lance finds her he was about to shoot the lion.Alura defended the white lion.But the white lion begin to attacked lance and Pidge trapping them in the net.Than the lion head toward Alura.So the Princess,Lance,Hunk and Pidge are capture.Just than the blue lion came out of nowhere the one piloting it was Nanny and Coran.Now the battle begin unfortunelly still the spell of Alura dream takes control.With Voltron they were finally able to defeat the robeast.

To me it was an sad episode.I mean for Princess I know she loves her parnets sad illusion.