I'm wondering how accurate is the wardrobe worn by the crew of the Seaview against submarines of the time period (1964 - 1958 ). Did the clothes (see below for what I remember them being) the crew wear similar to those worn by the US Navy at the time ('64-'68 )?
As I remember the crew and officers wore the following clothing. The crew wore jumpsuits, socks, and White sneakers? Some crew members wore Red jumpsuits, matching Red socks and White sneakers. Other crew members wore Blue jumpsuits, Blue sock, and White sneakers.
1) Did the crew have any other colors (other than Red and Blue) for the jumpsuits?
2) Did any crew member not wear the White sneakers?
3) Were the White sneakers lace up, slip-on, or a mixture of both and if a mixture was there a pattern? Personally, I know I saw lace up CVO sneakers, but also thought I saw slip-on sneakers, but am not 100% sure.
The officers (NCO and commissioned) wore Tan shirts, Tan pants, Black socks, and Black dress shoes, oh, and with a Tan belt. I don't think the officers ever wore jumpsuits or sneakers.
4) Did the officers even once wear sneakers and/or jumpsuits?
5) Anyone know how the crew's clothing compares to real crews on submarines - US, UK, Canada, French, Russian, Japan, Germany, etc?
6) Oh, one last question: Anyone have an idea the manufacturer / brand of the White sneakers the crew wore?
Thanks and I look forward to hearing what people know.
Edited 2 total times.