Second Season Missing Episode

OLDERTVFAN

[1]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    I was for a long time in David Hedisons offical fan club. I remeber the the question section once someone asked David about a season 2 episode. He did say that they once started an episode but it was not finished. I believe it was called Surfers. I once traded a copy of the rare Voyage novel City Beneath the Sea it had no connection with the episode of the same title. I got a copy of 20 century fox TV divison send out when the show went into syndication and had numbers Return of the Phantom was number 27 and a earlier number in the first 10 was missing. I wonder what happened.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crazyrhythm

[2]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 52
    Interesting. I'd like to know more about that myself.

rmsunirish

[3]Aug 26, 2009
    • level: 1

The Surfers was the episode originally written to introduce the 'Stu Riley' character. He was supposed to be a character called 'Casey' but the name didn't appeal to Irwin Allen, and the episode was never filmed. The episode itself was also not a good story, another reason for it to be scrapped. The piece that you talk about, from 20th Century Fox was simply the listing of production order. The numbers may be out of sequence or not match, as there were many things going on at the time for the Studio, as well as Irwin's production company, Cambridge Productions that at that time was shooting Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space and preparing and shooting initial episodes of The Time Tunnel.