Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

ABC (ended 1968)

NiteWatch

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Fan Reviews (9)

• Somebody should have sued the the manufacturer of the Seaview'sonboard computer...it kept exploding and electrocuting the ships navigator....

My general observations and criticizims of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea is the same as my criticizims of Irwin Allens other series of the mid-1960's...it starts out great and really well written, and then out come the guys in the goofy rubber monster suits and the inane storylines and the series rapidly spin dives straight into the toilet. But do you really want to know what it was about that show that really made me bleeping crazy...even when I was a KID!?! It was the ships computer. The damned computer! Every time some guy in a rubber monster suit would grab the seaview and bite it...oh hell, every time the damned seaveiw experienced even a little turbulence, the computer would blow up and fry the navigator. Seems like every second or third episode this would happen. You'd think the Navy would wise up and find better electrical contractors to handle the electrical systems on board the Seaview. Even when I was a kid, I used to wonder how much the Veteran's Administration had to shell out to the families of all the navigators who got fried by the Seaview's electrical consoles everythime they hit a bump or the Seaview got bit by some guy in a rubber monster suit...pfwaHA!