VR.5

Pilot

Aired Unknown Mar 10, 1995 on FOX

• Great plot, great acting, great effects. Great begining of one great TV show. (Sadly, not everyone tought that)

Sydney we meet in the begining of the show is one shy girl who blames herself for her fathers and sisters death. She works in phone company and she have no friends but Duncan, who she knew since forever and who is the only person she can trust. As for Duncan, he is lost and absolute adorable. In pilot episode, we are also introduced to Dr. Morgan, VR expert.
    I just love seeing Sydney developing in this episode after realising what she can do.
    And I absolutely loved when Kravitz cleaned her car. It was totally hilarious moment.
    As I said: great begining. After watching the pilot episode you'll just feel that you must keep watching VR5. I know I did.
  • Introducing Sydney, a girl who accidentally finds a way to access another reality via the phone and computer. Sydney\'s history is covered while swirling into the mystery of how real is virtual reality really?

I had my doubts when settling in to watch this series, but not only did this episode bring on more interest it also interested the kids who had never seen it before. They have grown up with the computers and internet, but find this show interesting.

Neither had heard of VR and the many steps in the maze-like mystery embedded in the show are keeping them tuned in to see what comes next and where it is going.

This episode not only keeps you guessing about what comes next but what already happened.

What interesting landscape are they going to venture into in VR next?

Imagine this show now with the advent of the cell phone explosion?
  • Good as I remembered

With all my shows on Hiatus for the holidays, I went in search of new downloads to fill my Emule. I remembered VR5 and found all 13 episodes. Let the memories begin. I remembered loving the premise of this show and tonight when viewing the pilot I was reminded why. The premise of this show was new and original, probably before its time. What a cast as well. There was "Jayne" from Firefly playing Sydney's serial killer TelCal co-worker. There's The Doctor from Voyager, Adam Bladwin when he was but a baby with long hair and ponytail. Louise Fletcher (Kai Wynn from DS9) and Will Patton is always a joy to watch. Remembering nothing except the fact that I liked this show, the pilot was engaging and I was drawn into the storyline. This show had so much potential and probably misunderstood in 1995,not to mention being presented to a public not near as embedded in I.T. as they are now. I am already taken again with "The Committee" and mystery surrounding the plotlines. Thank the TV Gods for Emule and Torrents to bring these shows back to us. This one's going to be fun to see again.