Wacky Races

CBS (ended 1970)

Wacky Races Fan Reviews (17)

7.8
  • Competing for the tile of the world's wackiest racer, this was one amazing show!

There are cartoons that deserve to be on the cartoon Hall of Fame, and this one is one of them. The show tells us the adventures and misadventures of a group of racers who fight on order to get to the finish line, using some of the craziest vehicles and gadgets that anyone has seen in a cartoon. Among the most memorable characters, we have Penelope Pitstop, the Ant Hill Mob, the Slag Brothers, Peter Perfect, and fo course the villanous duo Dick Dastardly and his canine sidekick, Muttley. All fo them, and other characters contributed to create a series where you couyld actually choose your own racer, and see if he made it to the finish line before the others, while hoping to see also Dick Dastardly and Muttley winning a race (which only happened once, and they were disqualified for cheating, which doesn't make much sense because everyone cheated, one way or another). The humour was fresh, and even though you know that whenever Dick Dastardly and Muttley were up to something, you would be surprised with what they would come up in order to stop or slow down the other racers, just to get a better shot to end up in first place. Thank God they did this, otherwise we would have never seen the spin-offs "Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines" and "The Perils of Penelope Pitstop", nnot to mention that the series also served as inspiration for "Captain Caveman". A big 10 is in order for this one, as far as I'm concerned.