Walker, Texas Ranger

A Matter of Faith

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Dec 18, 1999 on CBS

• I love the Walker series and hope to be able to get all of their dvd's. I especially want the one "A Matter of Faith"

"A Matter of Faith" was my alltime favorite. I loved the
    singing in it, and have tried to find out who the girl was that sung the Christmas songs she has a beautiful voice and I would love to find out if she has a cd out with those songs that were sung on the show. I have even emailed the Walker web site several times and never got a response. If anyone knows the answer to this question I would love to hear from you and see if I find out if she has a Christmas cd from that show.
    Thanks,
    Judi Hall
    j_karen@charter.net
  • Christmas comes to Walker & Company, and some people discover the TRUE meaning of Christmas

This is my 2nd favorite episode (my first is "Lucas").

The bit with the robbing Santas was interesting, but really just a subplot, which is OK. I loved it when, while apprehending the Santas, Sydney knocks out the female accomplice and says, "That...is for the baby!" (The female accomplice had faked a "my car rolled off with my baby inside" bit...it was only a doll.)

The true plot had to do with a young man who is trying to make a life for himself, following God instead of gangs. His prayer in his class was lovely in its simplicity. I loved how this episode portrayed Christians; people who pray for the big things and the little things, but people nonetheless, who slip, fall, and ask for forgiveness. Walker quoting from the Bible gives me chills every time.

Granted, the whole "baby in the manger" bit, with the parents named Jose and Maria (Joseph & Mary), was a bit much, but I loved the way it was done.

Just good, Christmas fun.
  • not one of the better ones IMHO...

5.8
    It is Christmas time and everyone has the spirit – for some that spirit is robbery and greed. A group dressed as Santa has been robbing throughout the city. The religious stuff was a bit heavy in the episode but I guess that can be over looked. That was until Walker starting quoting the bible. That was too much!! Along with the robbing Santas a street gang breaks into the local orphanage and church to steal all the money and some of the toys that were donated to the kids. An ex-gang member who now works closely with the pastor and the church that was robbed decides to get even with the gang in his old way. He show’s up and challenges the leader to a fight. Walker and Trivette hear about this and go to stop him before he does something to mess up all the good that he has done in his life. Meanwhile Syd and Gage go looking for the stealing Santas and break up their little theft ring. I hate to admit it but I almost turned off the TV towards the end. After Walker stops the gang-fight a pregnant woman and her husband who are rushing to the hospital and get in an accident. Walker pulls the woman from the car in to, yep, a manger for her to give birth. The baby is not breathing and so they pray for a miracle which of course comes true. Too sappy. Sorry.
WGNAMER