Walker, Texas Ranger Forums

CBS (ended 2001)

Anything censored, altered, or deleted in the dvds?

finalfight01

[1]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'm planning on getting the dvds, especially since the show doesn't seem to be airing anymore on any of the channels I have. Anyone know if anything is censored, altered, deleted or has everything made it to the dvds released so far?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PersonWorld

[2]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 29
    Not as far as I know. I have all of them so far, but haven't been able to watch all of them, but from what I have seen, they're not censored and they add additional scenes not seen on the reruns to some of them. Hope that helps.

placesalep

[3]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 7
    finalfight01 wrote:
    I'm planning on getting the dvds, especially since the show doesn't seem to be airing anymore on any of the channels I have. Anyone know if anything is censored, altered, deleted or has everything made it to the dvds released so far?
    No, not that I know of anyway.

HelloStuart

[4]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 63
    How do you censor a roundhouse kick in the face?

hapat

[5]Sep 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    If you're Chuck Norris you don't need censoring. You're kick is so fast it censors itself.

Blondie0862

[6]Jul 6, 2010

I've got the complete DVD series and just got around to watching the episode titled Wedding Bells. I noticed the DVD episode was very different from the one on TV. The DVD version does not have Tracy Lawrence singing in it at all, nor did it have the young girl singing the song "Written In The stars" as on TV. This was very disappointing because they both sang beautiful songs. I never thought the DVD's would ever be altered like this and would like to know why they did it.

matprat

[7]Aug 12, 2010
    • level: 7

Because of copyright issues. The artists most likely demanded too much money to them to use it on dvd, so they choose to replace the scenes without the original songs with a new ones. This is nothing new in this business. This has been going on for many years and will continue to do so. Artists/bands can be very greedy sometimes.

Edited on 08/12/2010 1:20pm

BlueSkys

[8]Jul 15, 2012

I know that this form is old but, I just watched the dvd version of "Wedding Bells" for the first time. Noticing the immediate difference in the music I started a web search coming across this form.

I grew up watching this show. I have to say I was very disappointed to learn that the music was changed. I am also an editor so I can understand the concept of not getting the rights to the true songs. But give me a brake, this is the most iconic 15 minutes of the series. We waited 8 years for it! How can anyone in good consciousness destroy it? I am disgusted as a fan and as an editor. This was Walker & Alex's wedding it needs it's music. Because right now it looks disgusting.

Thank you for reading my rant. Now I understand why most of the music was written for the show. With that being true how can you not afford the music for "Wedding Bells?" You got to be true to your fans. You got to be true to Walker & Alex.