Walker, Texas Ranger Forums

CBS (ended 2001)

Did the Trial by Fire TV movie tarnish the WTR saga?

djariya

[1]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 19

What do you guys think about this? With a cliffhanger ending that will most likely never have a resolution and some inconsistent writing (Gage acting like an idiotand calling Walker "Sir", I think the Walker Texas Ranger saga is somewhat tarnished by this TV movie.

The Final/Showdown was such a perfect way to end the series/saga with Alex giving birth, Jimmy getting engaged and the photo with the entire cast together with Chuck saying "Until we meet again" was such a classy way to end things.

Now that 6 years have past since the show ended and 2 years have past since the TV aired, where do we go from here?

I know that CBS has changed alot since Walker ended in 2001 and they are no longer in the business of making TV movies and Walker caters to an older audience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest WTR fan and supporter and I enjoyed the TV movie for the most part, but the saga ended on such a downer.....I guess we'll never find out if Alex was killed or not.

Edited on 08/01/2007 5:51pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PersonWorld

[2]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 29
    I couldn't agree more. I've said it before about the movie, if they weren't 100 trillion percent sure there would be another one, they shouldn't have made TBF. I love WTR, I still watch it, TBF was good, but I cried for days over it and I'm still waiting to find out what happens (not crying anymore though). I liked the way the series ended, it was good and left the rest to my imagination (which included Walker and Alex having more kids), but now because of the movie, I don't know, I just don't feel the same. It's like, the whole time while watching the show I knew there would be more and everything would be okay, but now, with TBF and all, I'm not sure if everything is okay in the world of WTR.

Does any of that make sense?

djariya

[3]Aug 1, 2007
    I agree with you 1000% and it all makes perfect sense. I think Chuck shouldn't have signed on for this movie if he wasn't sure CBS would greenlight another one. I assume he approved the script even with a cliffhanger ending. Now that whole universe IMO is totally tarnished.

For now, I'm going to pretend the movie didn't happen and that Walker and Alex are living happily ever after and that Gage isn't acting like a doofus.

PersonWorld

[4]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 29
    Ditto.

And Gage was so annoying in that movie! 'Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Captain' ohh...it bugged me to know end. I was like 'Hello, earth to Gage, we miss you, please come back.' I mean, maybe he did change a little bit in four years, but it just didn't sound like the Gage that I had grown to love. And then they didn't even ask Nia back! I would have loved to see Sydney and Gage together, they were so close on the show so many times.

And I agree, Walker and Alex are living happily ever after. They have 2 kids and are expecting their third. Oh...it's so sweet, and that whole movie never happened (until and unless another is made). All is finally well in the world of WTR.

miketx

[5]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 5
    The reason Gage kept refering to Walker as "Sir" was that they wanted to give the impression, that Walker was a man of respect.It was more for people that were not very familerwith theseries. Me and you found it to be funny, but to the outsider it was just the oppiste. CBS is no longer producing "Movies of the week", else we would have had another Walker movie.Regardless of the ratings. The "cliff-hanger" was to lure another Walker movie, as they did plan to make more. But CBS is not wasting any money at the moment todo movies. Harrison Jones is making another Indiana Jones movie at 64, so Chuc Norris doing more Walker movies into to his sixties is a possibility. I really think that would want to do another one; If not just to close out the Charcter. Have Walker ride out into the sunset, I would really hope that somebody from Chuk Norris would give us a little insight on where they stand with all this.

djariya

[6]Aug 8, 2007
    No offense Mike but Harrison Jones? You must type at 100 miles per hour because even though your insight is good...you have alot of spelling errors.

badsanta2007

[7]Aug 17, 2007
    yeah Trial By Fire sucked , what the hell happened with Aaaron Noriis ?

wheelrchair

[8]Aug 18, 2007
    • level: 15
    Actually i have given up hope. Does anyone else feel that way.

desimargret

[10]Aug 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    I've seen every episode of WTR a million times. Recorded my fav. Own copies of Sons of Thunder. It was the show that I grew up watching and couldn't have been happier when I heard that they were gonna have a reunion movie. I sat so impatiently for the movie to begin an hour late with my VCR ready. I watched it. I haven't watched it again since. The movie just sits on a shelf in my room gathering dust. It just wasn't the Walker that I knew. No Jimmy (other than like 2 secs) or Syndey (or Carlos or Trent like I dreamed, but doubted). Gage saying "sir" was just annoying, and I missed hismore comical nature. That lady (never bothered remembering her name) just wasn't a character I could ever latch unto. Walker needed his truck, not a hummer. I thought the whole thing just seemed so 'CSI'. Not a lick of country in it, very scientific so to speak. Mostly, it was too serious. When I think of Walker, I think of 'Pity pity poo', Carlos wearing a dress, Jimmy and Walker kissing and dancing, Tandi putting make-up on Tommy, Jimmy and CD painting over where each other just painted, Syndey's maternal instincts (to quote Gage)... None of that was there. I will forever think of Walker as one of the greatest series ever made, but I'll never like the movie.

possible234

[11]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    well yeah the series finale was awesome and found out that CD was murdeuerd. Also, i havent got to see Trial By Fire yet but is it out on DVD yet?

hapat

[12]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 14
    Nope

Will_of_the_D

[13]Sep 30, 2007
    I don't think it really tarnishes anything. I mean, it's definetely annoying but I won't let it ruin anything for me.

ktfahel

[14]Nov 28, 2007
    • level: 16

The movie was so bad. I had such a horrible feeling after watching it. I agree with the posts that said that the show should have just ended with "The Final Show/Down". We had originally recorded the movie, but had since (on purpose) taped over it.

IF they make more Walker movies, they should just pretend that TBF never happened...you know, have Walker wake up as Alex steps out of the shower...

miketx

[15]Nov 30, 2007

Well, in the final scene of The final showdown the ending credit reads "Until we meet again". chuck and his people intended to run WTR for years to come with movies of the week.For one reason or another, it never happened. if u understand who chuck norris is and what the series was, i think trial by fire was great. Chuck is a cowboy out to beat the bad guys. and thats what he does. this is not CSI, where they lead u into diffrent agendas; u have to appriate walker texas ranger for what it was.

ktfahel

[16]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 16
    miketx wrote:

Well, in the final scene of The final showdown the ending credit reads "Until we meet again". chuck and his people intended to run WTR for years to come with movies of the week.For one reason or another, it never happened. if u understand who chuck norris is and what the series was, i think trial by fire was great. Chuck is a cowboy out to beat the bad guys. and thats what he does. this is not CSI, where they lead u into diffrent agendas; u have to appriate walker texas ranger for what it was.

And yet, that was another thing that I didn't like about TBF. They tried to add a CSI-esque tilt to it. It wasn't the usual, run-of-the-mill episodic Walker-esque.

What was up with that new, shiny, non-Walker-ish office?

And, in the end, it was the bad guys that got the last word.

hapat

[17]Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah the csi wannabe thing was stupid to add in andvery littleTrivette was the stupidest thing.

miketx

[18]Dec 4, 2007
    Weel they added CSI type effects, but the subject matter of anyCSI episodewas totally diffrent then aything on Walker Texas Ranger, including "Trial by Fire". Trivette not being on trial by fire, was because he had long planned to attend "Childrens Week" at the Vatican in Rome with his family.It was a vacation they had planned for a year. They kept pushing back production of "Trial by Fire", and when they announced a filming date, Clarence Gilyard decided to go ahead with his vacation. Thtas why u saw Judson Mills in the movie. the movie was filmed from July 20th 2005, to August 12th, in Dallas.The hottest time of the year.But they could not get the equipment to shoot until that time of the year( as it was being used in Louisiana for "Jesse Stone".

hapat

[19]Dec 5, 2007

Yeah the csi type thing was no where near the subject matter of csi, but it was still a blantant rip off to try and get viewers from csi. I can see why he wasn't in it, but still sucks, they should have pushed it back a few more weeks.

VanessaEdwards

[20]Dec 21, 2010
    • level: 1

Ijust finished watching, trial by fire, and how could they do that to us. I want to know if alex is dead or not, that is so wrong, to leave us hanging there not knowing. I loved the movie but, please there should be a better ending or another movie suxs, badly.