Walker, Texas Ranger Forums

CBS (ended 2001)

Two year since "Trail By Fire" It's over

miketx

[1]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 5

It's been two years since Chuck Norris and CBS premiered Trial by Fire, and it looks like that will be the only post Walker series movie we will get. It took them 4 years just to get Trial by Fire on the air, and a follow up two years after it debuted is not very logical. We have heard nothing from the Norris camp, other then the chucknorris.com petition to ask CBS for another movie. Chuck is 66 or 67 now, and most of his business is handled through his buisness associates. I really don't thinkChuck is out there soliciting CBS, or studiosfor another movie. His brother Aaron Norris, played a key role in Walker, but I really think at this point, there just settling and reaping the rewards of the series that lasted 8 years. They have made and are making a ton of money off the DVD's and reruns. A friend of mine estimated that between the brothers, they pull in twenty million a year for the world wide rereun distribution. Compare that to Jerry Sienfeld who earns seventy million alone, and that's 9 years after his show ended.

I'm still not sure, why knowing they left Walker Trial by Fire vieweres with a cliff-hanger, why they are not in the least letting the public know, exactly what there position has been on anyfuture movies. If it's all in the hands of CBS, which we specualte, at least tell us that. But in my honest opinion, we have seen the last of Walker Texas Ranger,other the the reruns. Numbers don't lie, it's been two and a half years since they finished filming Trial by Fire, Chuck is 67.

It has always been my contention, that for the impact Walker Texas Ranger made on the television landmark, I believe the charcahter should have been allowed to ride off into the sunset, like a good cowboy should. But in all reality, we are not going to get that. I think the one thing i have to look forward to is, when all 8 seasons are finally released on DVD, that is going to be one cool gift set.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hapat

[2]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 14

Yeah can't wait for all the seasons to finally get on dvd. Also I don't think we'll see another one either. Making this show join the Pretender on my annoying list. Since they both left off with cliffhangers and no new movies.

Also i don't think Chuck or anybody but cbs, gets much, if anything, from the dvds. That's why that had that whole sienfeld cast fight about making extras, because they wanted to get paid and dvd sets don't pay the actors. Plus that is what the whole strike thing is about. Basically their all just very very very greedy idiots.

djariya

[3]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 19
    That's it. I give up! I've lost hope that we'll ever see WTR again. I'm wondering now if CBS will release anymore seasons of DVD. Other than watching re-runs and hopefully more seasons on DVD, I think WTR is now officially behind me.

PersonWorld

[4]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 29
    I agree. I think right about everyone has moved on, I know I have. I mean, I still visit fanfics sites and stuff every now and then, but I'm seriously wishing I hadn't spent all my money on the four seasons that have been released because I highly doubt the others will ever be released. I just hope I can get my money back out of them. Whatever...they're not going to let us know what happened, because I frankly think that they care about it a whole lot less than we do.

Moving on...

vballer9

[5]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    I never saw the Trial By Fire movie when it aired.. (tear ) Do any of you know where I can see it online??

OuroborosSnyder

[6]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 25

djariya wrote:
    That's it. I give up! I've lost hope that we'll ever see WTR again. I'm wondering now if CBS will release anymore seasons of DVD. Other than watching re-runs and hopefully more seasons on DVD, I think WTR is now officially behind me.

Yeah, I'm right there with ya. I gave up a while ago, mainly on the second part of TBF. Oh well!

~Snyder~

OuroborosSnyder

[7]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 25

vballer9 wrote:
    I never saw the Trial By Fire movie when it aired.. (tear ) Do any of you know where I can see it online??

Hey vballer! *Waves* God, it aired years and years ago! 10/16/2005. So yeah, a bit ago =)

~Snyder~

WbAuLbKbEaR

[8]Jun 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    Trial By Fire Is Now on Youtube. THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!

ktfahel

[9]Jun 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    Great. Now I know where NOT to go.

Cordell-Walker

[10]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 1

Maybe I'm crazy but I still hoping and waiting a sequal of TBF.

Edited on 03/11/2011 7:43am