Walker, Texas Ranger Forums

CBS (ended 2001)

Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire

PersonWorld

[1]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 29
    Although I would be one of the first people to admit I was disappointed with the way the movie ended, I was happily surprised to find out that 'Trial by Fire' will be airing on Sleuth (channel 308 on dish) on April 19 at 3:00 pm and April 20 at 3:00 am.

This will be the first time it has aired since the original air date of October 16, 2005.

And hey, you never know, maybe they'll cave and show us the alternate ending that was rumored to have been taped (along with the tribute to Noble aka C.D. that was never aired either). Hey...a girl can wish
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

djariya

[3]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 19
    I prefer to forget that this movie ever happened and tell my mind that the series ended after season 8.

PersonWorld

[4]Jun 29, 2009
    Exactly. But I tell you...after watching it the second time around you can really tell all the differences way better and it's so completely different then the WTR we all loved. So I completely agree with you. Forget the movie happened and stick with the happy ending from season 8.

wheelrchair

[5]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 15
    I don't know why they implied that Chuck Norris was going to make 2 WTR movies and then not do it.

PersonWorld

[6]Jun 29, 2009
    Exactly. Trial by Fire the way it ended is terrible. They should just have either a) not ended it there or b) already had another movie in the works with a script, shooting dates, etc before ending it that way.

White_Eagle

[7]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    although I loved the movie it had too many flaws. Trivette is only in it for two minutes. Should have had some kind of C.D. tribute. Don't even get me started on the very end.

djariya

[8]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 19
    The problem with this movie is I felt it was written by someone who didn't watch the series at least the more recent seasons.

PersonWorld

[9]Jul 18, 2009
    djariya wrote:
    The problem with this movie is I felt it was written by someone who didn't watch the series at least the more recent seasons.

I see where you're coming from. I did feel different. I mean, although some parts of the Texas Rangers had changed between the series ending and the movie, the characters just seemed to be all over the board. Gage was acting weird in my opinion with calling Walker 'sir' every 5 words (exaggerating but it felt like it) and even Walker and Alex were a bit off; and that was the end of the regular cast. Felt like someone just wrote a story and threw their characters into it without watching anything. Plus Trivette was only there for a minute and Sydney was missing without any explanation.

Sorry for the ramble.

hapat

[10]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 14
    Yeah it was pretty pathetic when you think about it. I'm sure cbs got their little demands in too, which helped ruin it. For the whole csi wannabe thing was probably thier idea. That wasn't needed what so ever. Yeah not explaining Sydney was dumb, Gage acted stupid and the biggest thing that was wrong was Trivette only in it for a minute. That was just stupid. But he was set to go on vacation so, it couldn't be helped. Still dumb they should have waited. The ending I wouldn't have minded if they made another one, but since there is no other one, it is stupid. Agree it ended at 8.

ktfahel

[11]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 16

I have to agree with the majority here; TBF reeked to the high heavens. The ending was random and completely unforgivable. I also agree with the poster who said that the writers obviously never even watched the original series.

Pathetic.