Walker, Texas Ranger

The Children of Halloween

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Oct 31, 1998 on CBS

• A really trippy and creepy episode, kind of out of your typical Walker episodes, but by no means bad at all.

This episode is, as the title says, a Halloween-based episode. The Halloween based episodes of Walker seem to take a creepy turn, though this one is different than "Evil in the Night". The plot deals with Walker and company going after a satanic cult who abducts children for sacrifice and leaves a pentagram at the source of kidnapping. Walker and Trivette, along with Carlos and Trent, all band together to solve this case.

This episode is rather creepy and believe me, the Halloween episodes of Walker take a creepy turn, even if there were only 2 episodes, this and "Evil in the Night". I noticed that Hallmark never airs it, and I don't blame them for not airing it. It would scare kids to some degree.
  • Satanists kidnap Alex and a group of kids to sacrifice on Halloween. Major religious oversight!!

Being a pagan this episode upset me greatly. The pentagram, right side up w/ the point of the star up, is a symbol that has nothing to do with the devil. It is like the cross to Christians. And just like the cross certain groups have turned it upside down as a protest to what the symbol really means. For a show that is usually so diverse in culture and religion I was very surprised and upset that that the truth about this symbol was not covered. Shows like this just add to peoples ignorance about paganism in general (which is a religion older than the Christian concept of religion). I feel that this was a good episode other than this oversight.