Walker, Texas Ranger

Way of the Warrior

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Oct 16, 1999 on CBS

• Not a bad episode, but it seemed to have gotten a little funny in terms of plotlines.

I will say this: This episode is watchable and enjoyable, but it's kind of a funny type of plotline in which it delves into the world of the supernatural in a sense. It isn't like "Brainchild" (Which I enjoyed) or the Susan Lee episodes like "Higher Power" (Which I liked), "Heart of the Dragon" (another good one), or "Warriors" (Which I thought was a little hokey, but okay). The plot goes like this: A crooked sheriff killed someone and puts the blame on a Native American and Walker helps him out. However, both men had visions of a Shaman in their dreams and the Shaman transports Walker back to the 19th century (Of course, Walker is knocked out in the 20th century). He sees a similar situation and meets with the Native American's ancestor as well as the Shaman and has to deal with the sheriff's ancestor as well. However, what's funny about this episode is that nobody in the 1860s seems to look at Walker like he is strange because of how he's dressed. Also, the part that cracks me up so much is the ending to the episode when Walker told Trivette, Alex, and C.D. the story and they looked at him with disbelief. Who would believe that anyway?

PS: Since this episode took place in the 19th century, I was kind of expecting Walker to meet Cooper face-to-face. Oh, well.
  • Walker goes back in time to help save an innicent Indian.

So this episode was a little trippy. Walker goes to investigate a murder and then he is sent back in time to discover how this murder is related to injustice in the past. The shaman from the past called out to Walker to help protect an Indian that was wrongly accused of murder and bout to be hung. Walker uses modern thinking to find out that that Lone Wolf was innocent and that it was the sheriff who was guilty. Random funniness – in the past everyone commented on Walker’s strange gun that could shoot 10 bullets. After Walker saved Lone Wolf and put the sheriff in jail he wakes up in the present again to help Jon Wolf who was also wrongly accused of murder. Walker solved the murder in about 30 seconds. When he goes to CD’s to tell his story neither Alex, Trivette or CD believe him. Can’t say that I blame them.