Wanted

TNT (ended 2005)

Wanted Fan Reviews (51)

• 100 Worst Criminals, One Elite Force! Wanted focuses on an inter-departmental government task force assigned to hunt down and apprehend the top 100 fugitives wanted by various law enforcement agencies. They find the ones others can't.

Here is the perfect example of a show that was canceled way too soon! This series showed how exciting and action-packed a show could be, while keeping things a lot cleaner than "The Shield" for instance. Most if not all the violence and sexuality here is only innuendo and left mostly to the imagination of the viewer, not thrown in your face. "Wanted" also featured some of the best characters ever created for a police drama series, backed up by some of the best performances on TV today. The character of agent Jimmy McGloin, with his conflicted beliefs in God and his duty, was just beginning to be explored, and in my humble opinion, was good enough to warrant Ryan Hurst getting his own series! Lee Tergesen's character was also very intriguing and was seamlessly integrated into the cast after one team member was killed in the pilot episode. Talk about starting off with a bang! Then there's Gary Cole, veteran actor and leader of our little "Wild Bunch". I think this was his best performance next to his role in "American Gothic". Even the least experienced actor in the cast, Saliva front man Josey Scott, was completely believable and a perfect fit for the character. Then, in the "last" episode, "Judas", we are left hanging, dying to find out what will become of the team and it's members, now that one of them has decided to turn on the others! Sadly, we will never know the answer and must instead be left to mull it over in our minds forever. Thanks alot TNT programming executives! First you cancel a first rate show with great writing and great acting, then you hold onto it for dear life, refusing to let another network pick it up and not at the very least letting the fans have a dvd set of it! How frustrating! I am in the process of trying to collect all of the episodes on dvd, but it would really be helpful if TNT would at least show the series over again in reruns late at night or something! I guess they just don't want fans of the show to even be able to record the reruns. I guess I will just have to resign myself to the facts, and add this to my long and growing list of favorite shows that died an all too premature death.