Warehouse 13

A New Hope

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 23, 2012 on Syfy

• A New Hope

A New Hope was a superb and very entertaining season four premiere of Warehouse 13. I really enjoyed watching as Artie and the others searched for a way to turn back time. It was nice to see every one working together. I was sad when Claudia became trapped and the others were forced to continue on. Artie activates a device that comes with a steep yet unknown price. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • A disappointingly written episode

Now I like the idea behind this episode... Pandora's box, Magellan's astrolabe. Though linking the astrolabe to what it does is kind of a stretch, after all Magellan took more than 24 hours to go around the world. However, the dialogue to move the story along was the worst I had ever observed. Despite the talented cast, it felt like even the characters were unable to believe they were saying these lines.

Myka is smart and read a lot, but suddenly being able to come up with the knowledge for the next step every time was hard to believe. Then Claudia's sudden ability to hack the wine barrels. How does that make sense to the rest of you that she picked the right one on the first try? Maybe I do not know breaking and entering tricks well enough.

Now as a Claudia fan, I was quite disappointed that they had her locked up so early in the episode. Leaving just Pete and Artie leaves a lot to be desired in terms of chemistry. Now I do believe the storyline for the season is going to intense. However, I hope it improves in the details as this one was just bad.
  • Great Ep

Fantastic season opener. An excellent setup for the rest of the season.