A Warehouse 13 Community
Syfy (ended 2014)

Warehouse 13 S04E19: "All the Time in the World"

Poor Nicky-poo. Him just wanted some lovins from those fine 1500s ladies. Unfortunately, his immortality set him up for half a century of heartbreak and probably a bucketload of commitment issues. In Warehouse 13's penultimate Season 4 episode, Nick was de-immortalized, along with his parents, by his dear uncle Paracelsus—who very quickly took over nefarious evil-doer duties from Charlotte and Nick. The move definitely came out of vengeance, rather than kindliness and maybe remorse about that whole 500 years of puberty thing. What a douchebag. 

Paracelsus doesn't have a great track record with not being a sack of ass. Way back in the day, when a drunken Sutton (HI JAMES MARSTERS! MISSED YOU!) drunkenly offered to be his immortality guinea pig, Paracelsus surprised drunk Sutton with a closet full of his drugged and restrained family—Charlotte and Nick. Gotta test the variables, after all. 

Thus began their 500-year hate-fest, starting with Sutton leading the Warehouse 9 agents to Paracelsus's underground lair and Paracelsus still being pissed about it when Nick un-bronzed him in Warehouse 13. After a nifty mind-meld brought Uncle P up to date on world affairs, Nick switched roles from immortal evil-doer wunderkind to boy-hostage while Claudia crumbled due to an unstable bronzing process and Jinks panicked because like just like with Claudia, literally all of Jinks' friends die all of the time. 

Like so many of the gadgets and goodies the Warehouse team have incorporated into their operations, the bronzer is also powered by an artifact. The artifact itself will bronze any hapless victim, but without the official Warehouse 13 bronzing machine to stabilize the process, that newly bronzed person will gradually deteriorate. Of course, Paracelsus snaked the artifact as he departed for Istanbul with his nephew/hostage, meaning there was no way to stop Claudia from shattering—unless they got the artifact back. 

Meanwhile, Myka hadn't started her cancer treatments yet and Pete was understandably grumpy about it and Mrs. Frederic had seemingly developed some sort of dementia because the heart of the warehouse was falling apart or being mutated or... or something. This deterioration was also connected to the slow computers and general weird feeling that the more attuned warehouse denizens, like Claudia, Mrs. F, and—surprise!—Abigail were feeling.

P.S. Abigail was revealed to be the warehouse's "Keeper"—that one person in every generation who knows the warehouse's inner-most secrets. How this differs from a Regent or a Caretaker, I'm not entirely sure, but apparently that was her entire reason for arriving at the warehouse all along. I'm not terribly perturbed by the big news about Abigail's true identity—her initial function as a non-psychic replacement for Leena was fine, but she also reeked of being, well, a replacement character with no reason for existing except to fill someone else's shoes. So in the sense that being the Keeper gives Abigail her own role, and one that's (theoretically) completely original and all her own, it's awesome. I just hope we get a more expanded idea of what a Keeper actually does, and that it's actually a distinctive and worthwhile thing to focus on, rather than yet another random blip in the ever-complicated Warehouse 13 mythology. I also hope that Abigail's shiny new warehouse-centric mission doesn't overshadow or negate everything she did as a mere muggle because frankly, I really enjoyed her as a plain old civilian wandering around the most magical and dangerous funhouse on TV.

Claudia was eventually de-bronzed when Myka retrived the stolen bronzing artifact because Warehouse 13 would have been cray to even consider wasting one of its most popular characters on the eve of the show's final season... which brings us to Myka. By the end of "All the Time in the World," Myka decided to go forward with the treatments she was actively avoiding out of fear or denial or sheer stubbornness or all three. Pete (understandably) nagged her for most of the episode to be proactive and get on her treatment and Myka (understandably) told him to screw off and let her control her own body. After watching Charlotte die almost immediately after becoming mortal again, Myka had a change of heart about avoiding treatment, realizing how fragile life really is and how even immortal ladies can bite it as soon as their eternal life cards are revoked—as opposed to living out a natural life complete with achy knees and Depends, like she and Sutton wanted. 

Myka emerged from Paracelsus's lab determined to beat her cancer the human way, but I still can't help but see a direct connection between Myka's life-threatening illness, the coveted Philosopher's Stone, and Paracelsus's ability to play God. The man was once the Caretaker of Warehouse 9—which is why Mrs. Frederic is having her issues—so he was maybe, at one time, a good guy. There is ample room for a Paracelsus redemption story heading into the season finale. I'd be okay with that (and I'm very okay with how much more exciting our recent episodes have been). How about you? 

NOTES FROM THE LIBRARY OF CRAZY

– Abigail as the Keeper: yay or bleh?

– Paracelsus was officially bronzed because he was a "threat to the world?" Wasn't that kind of obvious?

– Aww. Mrs. Frederic was so delighted to amaze Artie with the restricted files. <3

– That stage-slap between Charlotte and Sutton clearly made zero contact and it made me giggle. 

– Kinda figured one of the immortal Suttons would bite it as soon as they were turned mortal again. Bye, Charlotte. Miss your sass. 

– What are your predictions for next week's season finale? 

– What do you hope to see next week? 

– Did you enjoy "All the Time in the World?"

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/19/2014

Season 5 : Episode 6

68 Comments
Comments (68)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
u will call it Constantinoupole not istanbul...damn turkey bitches
Flag
Nice to see Giles and Spike back together again, Anthony Head and James Marsters have great chemistry.

Paracelsus seems to have been bronzed because he fell to the same temptation as MacPherson, using the artifacts for personal gain. However, because he was caretaker of the warehouse rather than just an agent, his abuse of power was a bigger threat. The caretaker shares a unique bond with the warehouse. The warehouse can communicate with the caretaker as it has Claudia and can affect the caretaker as it has Mrs. Frederic. It stands to reason that a strong enough caretaker can affect or even control the warehouse. My guess is that Paracelsus was attempting to do just that, making him a great threat to the world, and the agents bronzed him in response.

As for where Artie got Claudia's DNA. When he was calling her brother, he said to himself "Don't make me do this." This likely means that Claudia has another family member that she does not know of. We know very little of her parents other than the fact that they died when she was very young and Joshua was left to raise her until he vanished. Maybe Is it possible that Artie has had such a father/daughter relationship with Claudia because he actually is her father or at least her uncle, that he used his own DNA to save her?
More+
Flag
Ooh!! I like the way you speculate. If Artie was a relative, that would really make Claudia hate him for not telling her and open up a whole lot of more interesting questions. I guess time will tell and I also love that Marsters and Head are working together again.
Flag
Pete's Puscifer Hoodie got the thickness. Can I get a witness. Can I get a hell yeah.
Flag
Every time they said Paracelsus' name, all I heard was "ParisHilton", it was surreal.

I didn't really understand why Leena wasn't the keeper, and why there was only one keeper in a generation, and like you said how any of that differed from a regent or caretaker, it was a bit silly to throw all this new stuff at us late in the game. That said, I also didn't mind that it gave the character a better reason to be there... I suppose. But that was a wart on an otherwise fine W13 episode.

Parishilton had done something to Pete & Myka during their fall, and then we don't hear anything about that again, but we hear about Myka going to see her doctor for treatments... yeah, I think W13 just "cured" Myka with a cheat.

I liked Sutton's mustache, was surprised when it was a stick-on.

Holy crap, there's another season! I totally forgot! I have no idea what will happen, except Myka will be cured because she can't stay an agent while going through cancer treatments (if she had cervical cancer, perhaps, but not ovarian) and Parishilton will use his dangerous knowledge of the warehouse to mess with things.
More+
Flag
I guess you'd want to keep said person secret and separate.

This way if someone infiltrates the Warehouse, their secrets are safe. And if the Caretaker goes rogue, they have a weapon to use against it.
Flag
I think this show got its name because it's being written by 13-year-olds being held prisoner in a warehouse full of history encyclopedias, which they can't leave until the crack out the requisite number of episodes.

Right? Right? That's the only way any of this makes any sense.

And yet, my wife and I keep watching.
Flag
So I wonder how much fun it must have been on set reuniting Marsters and Head and putting them into the familiar place of playing two characters that hate each other? Jane Espensen must have had a lot of fun writing this episode for her boys. Sad to see Polly Walker go, not to be morbid, but it would have been better had they just written off Nick who thankfully didn't have much to do/say in this episode. Aaron Ashmore was really good in that episode and he had to spend most of it alone; but really sold the fact that the bronze statue was Claudia in peril. The 'Jinx' scenes were all very good. If all the Pete/Myka scenes are going to be this tense/sad going forward it is going to be very tough to watch. I still really question the decision to tack on a dire prognosis this late in the game. That story needs its own time to be told and there just isn't enough time left as this episode made abundantly clear.
Flag
the wife & i just looked at each other and shook our heads when the ep was over. it was a jumbled mess of a show.
hopefully they get everything back on course and have a satisfying ending over the next 7 eps.

also, on another note, since i havent been in any of these discussions, was it ever said if that original ep with the kids mind being taken over by a professor all part of the plan to get him into the warehouse?
Flag
IIRC, yes ― The boy's mother Polly's heart broke watching her young son fall in love, only to be forced to watch his loves grow old, or end up having a family with another man once the boy realized his loves would question why they aged while he didn't, so he learned to break things off before that stage in the relationship happened.

So mother Polly came up with the warehouse infiltration scheme. The writers played us, having us be mad at the boy once it became obvious he was a plant, but later, mother Polly says something like her boy wouldn't hurt Claudia because he liked her. I believe the boy begged his uncle not to bronze Claudia, but his plea was ignored.
Flag
Well, I think it was implied. Since at the end of the episode he contacts his mother on the phone and says "I'm in"
Flag
Giggity!
Flag
Personally, I'm a bigger fan of "Phrasing!"

I've started using it at home: Archer for the win!
Flag
'Phrasing Lana"
Flag
and the dude being bronzed because he was a threat....that crazy reveal by the keeper was so...uninspired/horrible/thankscaptainobvious
Flag
Giles and Spike back together! And they still despise one another!
I was thinking either all of them or maybe just the parents would be the ones to die after getting mortality.
The Abigail reveal felt really rushed. It might have been because of all the reveals that they pulled, one coming right after another. Made me feel like I had whiplash.
Flag
What I'm really feeling is sad, because there are only 7 episodes of Warehouse left, it's effed up that they get a fifth season with only 6 eps that's not even half a season... and I'm not nearly satisfied with the story, there is so much more potential in Warehouse 13
Flag
I thought the episode was good, and I'm looking forward to next week's episode, but sadly, I can't hear the phrase "All the Time in the World" without thinking of the very depressing ending of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
Flag
Aw man, now I can't help but feel depressed that they got such a bad actor to play James Bond in that movie. That was a hard-hitting scene at the end though, the book's version is a bit more brutal.
Flag
How is this for a reveal? Artie got the DNA from her sister. Frederick doesn't die, Claudia does become the new care taker, sort of, but so does Paracelsus. Everyone but Claudia is kicked out of the Warehouse and oh yeah, Myka is on her death bead.
Flag
Not cool.

Fair Warning SPOILERS AHEAD
I completely understand the desire to spoils things for yourself since I know the finale episode was somehow available online to download, and I myself opted to partake in watching the finale early, however spoiling the season finale for everyone reading the comments? And I do realize that some may have just thought you were guessing, but even still, not cool.
Flag
NO!!! not the "death bead" the humanity!!!!
Flag
you probbly should have put +Spoiler+ on that... cause... yeah...
Flag
...and then we discover Bob Newhart dreamed the whole thing up?
Flag
There was a lot in this ep. and always enjoy finding out new, surprising things like Abigail and also the restricted files area. The big storyline finally this season is at a crescendo but other seasons, including the first half of this season have just been better. It wasn't much and ultimately he's way on the sideline but enjoyed seeing Trailer. :P Now I shut up since I've seen the finale already.
Flag
Very enjoyable episode. It had plenty of drama and comedy. The reveals about Abigail being the warehouse "keeper" and Parcelsus being a former caretaker for warehouse 9 were quite shocking to me. I also liked how confusing Mrs. Frederic was; it played out very well. I didn't catch on until Jenks mentioned that Mrs. Frederic was WALKING AWAY!!! LOL!!! That was probably my favorite line in the episode.

Man, I was definitely on the edge of my seat for most of it due to Claudia nearly crumbling to pieces. Whew!!! Love the drama!

I think an artifact will be involved in Myka's recovery but just one.

I also have to applaud the Sutton's views on immortality. It was definitely more of a curse than a gift, especially for Nick. Poor guy. It explains a lot about his character. Too bad his Mom bit the dust so soon. However, it gave Myka the wake-up call she definitely needed.

Man, I'm gonna miss this show.
Flag
– More like - "Ok..So that happened"
– If that was the only thing in the redacted file, it has to be one of the least classified information ever redacted
– Mrs. Fredric was more human in this episode
– **giggle giggle**
– I had to read it twice, as I though why would MaryAnn "Miss her ass".... :D Anyways, I thought that both Sutton parents would die
– Umm... Myka gets treated/good as new by philosopher's stone..Mrs. Fredrik will start training Claudia for being a caretaker.. Parachalalalalasus (whatever his name is) will get bronzed again..Suttons will help defeating whatsisname.
– More or less the above
– I kind of did

And btw, I laughed at Pete's Harry Potter reference.. :D
Flag
I hope they change everything up and set up a completely serialized final season. And I kinda think they will.
Flag
Great to see Spike and Giles on screen again.really not liking the direction these episodes are going though.
Flag
I've watched some reruns recently, including the (first season?) episode with Claudia's first appearance, where she broke into the Warehouse and kidnapped Artie. Mrs. Frederick gave Myka and Peter that artifact thingy that lets you look into the past and Pete revealed that he could read lips due to his deaf sister (was she ever mentioned again?). And I thought: why wasn't that used/mentioned ever again?

And now they used it again in this episode! I really like all the callbacks to early episodes they've been including over the past couple of weeks.
Flag
yeah but didnt they say in this ep that they didnt know what was going on because they can't read lips?
Flag
Thought so too at first, had to rewind the scene. Pete says "I'm sorry, but I can't read lips I can't see" after the projection of Paracelsus turns his back towards them.
Flag
As the show winds down, so does my heart for this rather silly but completely endearing saga. I love these folks more than I ever thought I would. It's Jenks, btw, or his nickname Jinx if you prefer. Claudia joined us early and stayed for the buffet, which is really nice. I've seen Allison in a few other things of late and she should always be on our TV's--pay attention networks of all ilk's, we need these people and you do too. The final season should be just one spectacular going-away party with some swashbuckling nonsense to remember them all by. Fix the cancer anyway you want but fix it, so we can know these people are ALL out there saving the world even if we can't watch anymore, and a two-hour revisit from time to time should be a requirement...
Flag
I thought the episode was great. But the whole thing stemming from Mamma Sutton wanting her little Nick to bust through puberty so that he can get a girlfriend seems well,,, stupid. I mean really.

But the rest was great, except for Abigail being a Keeper because that just seems tacked on. I have to wonder if it was because they have to speed up Claudia taking over for Mrs. Frederick due to their now shortened time table. Anyway that seemed rushed.

I liked the reveal of Perecelsus being a former caretaker. That was kind of cool, but it still felt kind of rushed. I wish they would have focused more on this the whole season rather than random missions and dealing with Abigail being a newbie who wasn't really a newbie. They should have just placed her and said she knew everything and moved on. So much time was wasted introducing her to the warehouse that she apparently knows everything about.

But I am in for the story and for next season. I am looking forward to the finale and to see what they are going to set up for next season.

notes.
Time wasted. I don't mind it, but like I said above it should have been faster.

But he was a bigger threat because he had the whole lot of Warehouse 9 to play with. For me there are a lot of parallels to MacPherson. He has always been my favorite baddie from the show and mostly because he had the knowledge of the Warehouse and the artifacts to help him. Perecelsus seems like that but to an Nth degree. Hopefully they keep him for next season.

Kudos to Saul Rubinek for the surprised faced.

It was funny. Come on Marsters you were on Buffy a couple of kicks here and there had to accidentally connect, surely you can take a slap.

Well she kind of deserved it because of her stupidity.

I am not sure. Paracelsus is certainly coming to the Warehouse. Personally I would like to see an artifact fight. I have always wanted to see them fight artifact with artifact.

Enjoyed the heck out of the episode. But for one thing and this has been building up. It is time for Pete to give up the Tesla and go back to the 9mm. I am not sure about the exact count, but I would put the times he has used the Tesla against a person and it worked behind the times that it was somehow used against him. Again he attempted to use the tesla and it did nothing. Had he just shot Paracelsus they would be good.
More+
Flag
so u thought it was great, but had a bunch of issues with it. i had some of the same issues too, but it was no where near a great ep.
Flag
Overall yes it was great. This is one of my favorite shows. While I have issues with it, aspects of it are still great and I would take it any day of the weak over shows like The Following or Revolution. These are shows, at least for me that at the end of, I ask myself why in the hell did I just waste 45 minutes of my life. But even with its faults Warehouse 13 and the chemistry that the central characters have, the grander plot and the idea of it make it a great show.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Doesn't the Warehouse have an artifact that could make these people virally impotent? You'd think so, wouldn't you? Something like an old Atari 2600 owned by Wil Wheton...
Flag
Wil Wheaton is a hardcore geek. I'm sure he's still using his 2600.
Flag
Yeah, I'm hoping to run inta him at ComiCon in two weeks so I could ask him. The creator of the artifact doesn't have to be dead for an artifact to work I understand, but yeah, he could still be using it...
Flag
Um, people the DNA came from Josh. Unless he lied to Jinks (which I'm sure Jinks would've picked up on), Artie said that Josh was in a top secret facility with no cell phone service, and thus he went to get DNA from Josh.

Now it's entirely possible however that Josh is not the contributor, and it was all a smokescreen for some future reveal, HOWEVER, until that's the case, it came from Joshua.
Flag
It's kind of hinted he's lying. He couldn't reach him over and over, and finally said "God Josh, don't make me do this" or something, implying that "there is another." I imagine some relative Claudia doesn't know about or assumes is dead. Presumably close by, since Josh was in some government facility somewhere and near-unreachable so it had to have been near Univille.

Sure, he SAID he got it from Josh on the way back but his face to me read "I had to use other means"
Flag
I think Artie got the blood he needed for the DNA from himself.

And the Myka seen at the end of the episode is probably Paracelsus in disguise. "She" didn't seem to know what Pete was talking about when he said she needed to get treatment.
Flag
Agreed, I think it's his. And he just didn't want to admit that he was their relative (Uncle, ?Father?, etc).
Flag
Also a creepy thing that I'm surprised the reviewer didn't mention...

Paracelsus confirmed their immortality by apparently killing them dozens of times while they were still knocked out from the gas. That's his own brother + sister-in-law + nephew. Not just pricking their finger to see if it healed, but out-right killing them.

Creepy and just... wrong.
Flag
he had to test his theory! ha
Flag
Good episode. James Marsters (Sutton) needs to be in EVERY episode. He is wonderful! Someone needs to get him his own show or find something to put him on immediately. I like that Abigail is the keeper - I wasn't expecting it, but it makes more sense then her being a regular psychologist. The reveal at the end that Paracelsus was a caretaker was shocking and I loved it. Did not see that at all. Sucks that Charlotte died, I liked the sassy comments between her and Sutton. I liked that Pete pushed Myka about the cancer treatments, I understand her hesitance to do it, how scary to be facing your own mortality, he wasn't overbearing and his persistence came from wanting whats best for his friend. I doubt they will kill her off, but it will be interesting to see how she handles the cancer treatments and working at the warehouse. I DON'T want them to cure her with an artifact. The fact that Myka has an illness that is not supernatural in any way makes it more real, and I want to see how she deals with it, and if she is able to survive it (a lot of women have Not sure what exactly is going on with Mrs. Fredric but I wouldn't be surprised if she passes on in the finale, and then the warehouse gets transferred over to Claudia. It is what they have been building towards for awhile.
More+
Flag
There was a plot? I was so happy to see Marsters and ASH sharing the screen again that I didn't notice.
Flag
This episode rocked my world....you barely mentioned this,but Paracelsus WAS WAREHOUSE CARETAKER!!!! :D I love this character and Anthony does awsome job playing it. The reveal at end was so awsome and yet you focus more on Myka and her cancer...like whole review:D Don't get me wrong,this cancer thing has some interest for me,but then again...not really. Why did they hide Paracelsus for so long?!!?!?! He could have his own spin off:D

Abigail is Keeper,which is awsome,but I laughed at what she had told them. I was like " really...wtf,this is secret!?!?!?". I thought she would reveal,that he was caretaker,which would made sense,but she told them he is dangerous. They didn't have to show us,that she tells them he was a caretaker,but come on,that info,him being dangerous was bs.

Keeper- keeps and protects secrets
Caretaker - takes care of Warehouse
Regent - handles things around Warehouse,public things I think
Not saying this is 100% true,but these are my thoughts.
Flag
Predictions

- Reveal where Artie got the DNA-compatible blood; was it his!?!? In either case, Claudia gets ticked that he kept a BIG family secret from her.

- Frederick dies, Claudia becomes the new avatar

- Myka deals with the cancer: either starts traditional treatment or artifact goodness

Flag
How is this for a reveal? Artie got the DNA from her sister. Frederick doesn't die, Claudia does become the new care taker, sort of, but so does Paracelsus. Everyone but Claudia is kicked out of the Warehouse and oh yeah, Myka is on her death bead.
Flag
Also, is Myka really Myka? She disappeared off-camera to get the bronzer statue while Pete tried to save Sutton's fam, and then came back. Meanwhile Paracelsus was nearby with various artifacts.

Was that really Myka that came back? Or a Paracelsus in disguise (or some golem).

I know the actress is probably trying to do the whole stages-of-acceptance thing, but back at the Warehouse at the end she almost seemed to not know what Pete was talking about when he said she had to fight this. THEN he mentioned cancer and she reacted.

Was she in denial? Or was it Paracelsus trying to play the role as Myka and didn't know about the cancer? Or am I reading too much into that scene?
Flag
You could be on to something. Nick was using Thimble as he appeared as a dead villain from previous season. I guess that thimble is with Parcelsus now... it could be that's how he sneak in. :D
Flag
Very interesting possibility.
Flag
As far as the threat... yeh the "Keeper" shocked us all telling us what we already knew. OMG HE WAS BRONZED FOR BEING A THREAT TO THE WORLD. Yeh, no duh.

But, apparently she ALSO told her pals off-camera about him being the previous Warehouse Avatar.

But the prior scene was just silly: this big climactic theme music and camera zoom to tell us... pretty much what we already knew.
Flag
So where did Artie get the blood? He said it had to be a blood relation and he couldn't reach Josh. He also seemed sad that he would have to "do something" he didn't want to if he couldn't reach Josh (don't make me do this).

Is Artie in fact (gasp) Claudia's relative the entire time? And it was his blood? He plays the father-figure quite well, maybe he's actually the father?

Or does he know where one of Claudia's relatives (perhaps parents) are, and he didn't want to tell her? Like her father was a murderer or her mother the head Regent or something.
Flag
I was wondering the some of the same things about Claudia's DNA/blood.
Flag
"By your command"

I got a chuckle out of that. Granted, James Marsters didn't play a Cylon on the show "Caprica" but it was a nice nod.

Did Polly Walker drop and Carprica / Battlestar lines?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members