A Warehouse 13 Community
Syfy (ended 2014)

Warehouse 13 S05E02: "Secret Services"

What an improvement over last week's snoozefest of a season premiere! Maybe it was the abundance of Claudia, maybe it was the adorableness of Pete and Myka, or maybe it was Artie just caving to Claudia's demands to see her sister because he's been on this show long enough to know that if he tries to screw around and keep secrets, it's just going to bite everyone in the ass two episodes from now, but it doesn't even matter—I just really liked "Secret Services." 

Fresh off of the Paracelsus debacle, Warehouse 13 reassured us that it didn't forgot about that nugget it dangled in front of us at the end of last season: Claudia's thought-to-be-dead sister Claire is alive and... well, she's alive. As far as forgetting about other plot points, I guess Mark Sheppard was just wandering around the bowels of the Warehouse unnoticed this week, but, eh, considering the facility's long and storied history of secret-keeping and other fun surprises, I guess Benedict Valda on the prowl is just one more boogieman waiting to jump out of the stacks. 

< 1 2
See Full Story

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/19/2014

Season 5 : Episode 6

72 Comments
Comments (72)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
How do we feel about Pete's bangs? They will take getting used to but it'll be fine. I do wish they could have made a joke or semi-explained the difference from the premiere. "It's all done with ice cube trays and turkey basters." —Pete
Do you think there's anything deeper to Mrs. Frederic's interest in Myka's potential future children, or was that just an awkwardly written attempt to justify Myka getting all maternal on us? Awkwardness to the hilt. It was definitely weird for Mrs Frederick to be asking Myka something so straightforward and personal.
I can't with Claudia's never-ending sad life story. No wonder the woman has so much baggage.
No but really, where was her brother while all of this was going on? Did she really not recognize Artie, or at least Mrs. Frederic even a little after encountering them so many times throughout her life? (Ok, like three, but that's still a lot of random encounters with the same total strangers under strange circumstances.) This exact point was why I came to look here in the first place.
What'd you think of "Secret Services"? Overall, I really liked it, besides the gaping plot hole of Joshua, lol
More+
Flag
I loved this episode! This was the WH13 I have come to know & love.

Pete's bangs...those gots to go. I'm not usually so distracted by bad hair (not even on Liz in the Blacklist) but that was just distracting.

That aside, this episode was just so fun...and heartbreaking. To see what happened to Claire and how the parents were killed was terrible.

I kind of think Mrs. Frederic has an ulterior motive to her question and not just to be nosy. Maybe it was simply to give Pete that subconscious nudge because she sees in them what they don't.

I hope the show stays on this track. If so, I think it will be a worthy sereis finale. Ugh...still in denial though. SyFy could have at least ordered 13 episodes!
Flag
Also think its kind of sexist that everyone assumes that Mykas biggest worry or thought on her mind after a cancer scare and some invasive surgery is: "Oh my gosh, my biological clock is ticking and I need to go and make babies!"

Flag
To be completely fair, even outside of the pressure of a final season, the cancer she had was cervical, so putting at least some focus on her future baby making potential is not completely crazy.
Flag
It's more that the writers and producers are kind of creepy for a) pushing it, and b) having characters on the show push it. Since when does Mrs. Frederic get obsessed with the maternal interests of her agents?
Flag
I dont like that there pushing myka and pete together. For four seasons their relationship has been nothing but adorably plutonic, and theyve never had any romantic chemistry, theyve just loved each other as great friends/partners. I feel that Myka had a ton more romantic chemistry with HG Wells than Pete. I feel the writers are forcing them together just for some kind of big perfect ending to the show where all the characters wind up happily married and settled down away from the warehouse. Which would suck.
Flag
What's with his hairs??? It's horrible!
Flag
Pete's bangs?
From the preview I expected some cool jump-in-an-oldie-movie-or-book or alternative timeline artifact. Seriously. Disappointed.
Flag
Pete's bangs are awful! Where did that come from? Is the actor doing a 70's movie or something?

I am watching this season for closure really because I never liked Warehouse 13 after the 1st Season :-(

Pete & Myka together does not feel right at all puagh!

Didn't Claudia have a brother somewhere?
Flag
Ugh... I really hope they are not planning to force a Pete/Myka romance on us :-(

There's never been any kind of "will they, won't they?" with their relationship, and never any blatant sexual chemistry or mutual romantic interest like in Castle. To me, if Pete and Myka actually hooked up it would be like a brother and sister getting together... Wrong :-(

Also... have the writers completely forgotten about Claudia's older brother Joshua? The reason she was in the mental hospital at the start, the reason she kidnapped Artie and discovered the Warehouse, the reason she ended up on the team? Where on Earth was he? Why no mention of him in the present? Why no mention or sight of him in the past memories?
Flag
The entire episode I kept hating on Pete's hair rug. Otherwise I enjoyed the episode. You're right about Claudia's lack of control and development, but I liked seeing her youthful back story.

This is probably misquoted but at least the second best line of the episode was, "Like Teddy Kennedy's turn signal?"
Flag
What? Okay, I share a lot of the same sentiments of others here, that Myka and Pete have always felt very platonic, which was a refreshing change of pace from most television. It seems like men and women are not allowed to be close friends unless they're preoccupied with another relationship. I'm cool with them wanting to make a platonic test tube baby, but where did all this pregnancy madness come from? Myka I kinda get, even though she's the only one who doesn't want to talk about her reproductive organs. And why is it that as soon as her lady parts are threatened, Pete suddenly wants to become a daddy? Am I missing something from a previous episode, or is this completely out of left field?

I'll be honest, I'm absolutely a Berring and Wells fan, but I've been coming to grips with how that ship won't sail (even though Jinx is openly gay and we say his ex boyfriend, so on etc, but whatev). But I seriously thought they were setting it up for HG to come in an use an artifact in a non-warehouse sanctioned way to magic away the cancer, instead of it just being... benign (hoping there's more to it than that, but with 4 episodes to go...).

Kinda wish the last precious episodes weren't just a mad scramble to fit in a few more goofy artifact hunts, sprinkled with Pete/Myka will-they-won't-they awkwardness. It's like kissing cousins. Fingers crossed that the writers are planning something spectacular.
More+
Flag
Completely agree, and even though i know its in vain, I cant help but hope for some "HG Wells/Myka live happily ever after together" goodness in this final season!
Flag
I didn't mind Pete's hair. Preferred it the other way of course but am okay with it as it is. Gave him a more 'boyish' look.

I didn't mind the talk Mrs. Frederic had with Myka. She's been loosening up some in the last 2 seasons, taking more of a motherly interest in her people. But I also took it to mean that perhaps there was a 'plan' for them to be together because if a child of theirs had her photographic memory and his vibes, that child would make an incredible agent. When I did some fanfic shortly after the first season ended, I explored this concept with Mrs. Frederic 'arranging' a relationship with ulterior motives so it made perfect sense to see the do this now.

Also I love the idea that Pete and Myka can end up together. I thought they had a great brother/sister type relationship, that's true, but always thought they had potential for more and I'm glad to see it happen. As others have pointed out, they only had 6 episodes to wrap things up and that's why they are racing through these issues.

I've never cared much for Claudia. She's like a hot-headed Wesley Crusher with little to know impulse control when she gets a notion in her head to do something. Quite a few earlier episodes, plus this episode really highlighted that she hasn't changed all that much in the last 4 seasons. I did like that Jinks is there reining her in though. I wish she would learn that whatever Artie does, it's always been to protect them. They don't like it, and I get that. But his secret-keeping is not typically an act of selfishness.

I was so wrapped up in this story that I wasn't even thinking about Valda still running around.

All in all, I really liked this episode, rushed or not.
More+
Flag
Warehouse 13 is NEVER a snoozefest!
Flag
Oh. LOVED Monday's episode. As I said I laughed alot and it never fails to touch my heart. But as MisterKez said - it all feels rushed and that is NOT W13's fault. Freaking Dog Darn StyFy

Flag
Decision after decision Sty Fy must have the DUMBEST mofos making the calls for them - in ALL of television. They have an absolute GEM of a show with amazing people involved, right through the production ppl and writers. Each character has incredible chemistry in pairs and as a whole. It is frelling Hilarious (I counted 6 LOLs during my watch), incredibly well written and clever, and has the biggest HEART in all of TV Land.

And what does StyFy sink it's money into? Sharknado 2. Helix (sorry fans, but that show was awful - I did hate watch it though), the EFFING rights to broadcast WRESTLING for Dog's sake.

I have never been this mad since Farscape was cancelled on a cliffhanger. They have these beautiful, popular shows and they shit all over them 5 episode wrap up was a kick in the fellas. It is better then nothing, but they cut the order the creators expected in HALF after they planned out the finish.

I am seeing stars i am so angry.

What an absolute waste of a wonderful show.
Flag
Kinda wanna grab a StyFy exec and do this:

Flag
WH13's swan song season feels too rushed. Myka and Pete's relationship is being hammered together with a sledgehammer. Seriously, they have very little chemistry beyond working together. I've always felt that they care about each other only that they don't want to have to break in a new partner. I never got anything beyond a working relationship with those two. Claudia's past is being rewritten somewhat to ensure her place as the next Mrs. Frederic. That had already been established earlier on. And where was her brother? Did they forget about him? Steve has been relegated to utility player, which is a shame, since I like Aaron Ashmore.

No, to Pete's bangs.

Turkey baster line was classic Pete. Good line.

Mrs. Frederic's concern over Myka's uterus was another shoehorn attempt to get Pete and Myka together.

If they gave WH13 a full season, Claudia would have been able to let go of some baggage.

I was wondering why Claudia had selective amnesia concerning Artie and Mrs. F. As last episode showed, she had a doozy of a warehouse case with her sister and Mrs. F and Artie were there. Did she hit her head or repress it all or did they hit her with an artifact? She was only 7 when it happened so she could have repressed it.

With only a few episodes left, they still have to deal with Valda and next week Claudia is going to try to wake her sister, so they will have to deal with that. They dealt with Pericelsus too quickly. Peri could have been a great villain for this shortened season.Take 5 and half episodes to deal with his threat, have Claudia take over the warehouse and wrap everyone up in the epilogue. Myka's cancer scare only being a cyst was too easy of a wrap up for that story line. Make Pete's devil deal actually work, but then he has to deal with Peri and the deal he made. I am not saying that a cyst is not serious, but it was a cop out in what could have been a good B story. I am scared for the WH13 legacy if they do not end it well.
More+
Flag
I also feel like they're trying to force a romantic relationship between Pete & Myka when it's just not there. They've always been close but I've never seen them going in a romantic direction and I would like to see them remain as just friends.
Flag
SEE: X-Files

I know. I really always felt Big Sister/Little Brother. But there were hints of jealousy with each others partners. Plus I would have enjoyed HG and Myka making out.

Sorry. My maturity level is the same as Pete's
Flag
WH13's swan song season feels too rushed.

I have to throw you a "Duh" MisterKez. Once again the brilliance of StyFy. They essentially have 5 epsodes to finish an arc they thought they would have 12 or 13 episodes to do. StyFy alerted them they were only getting 5 late in the game (the premiere was filmed last season).

Flag
I don't like SyFy either, they also canceled Alphas, which ended on a huge cliffhanger!! At least WH13 will have a proper ending... and ratings have been down lately, so it makes sense it gets canceled, just the way it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warehouse_13_episodes

I also liked this episode better than the premiere Mary Ann, it was more entertaining, fun... but Pete's bangs really, really suck!! LOL And last but not least, Myka and Pete are better as friends, is completely unnecessary to make them a couple, even less in such a rushed way.

Flag
But they will NOT have a proper ending over 5 eps. Just not enough time.
Flag
I know it. I am very upset about losing WH13. Syfy has never been a good network for letting shows run their course. I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to the Dresden Files and Farscape and others. WH13 is one of my must see tv shows and they are only giving them 6 episodes to finish what should have taken 12 or 13. Being Human ended quite well, imo. I was hoping that WH13 would be able to provide an ending that is just as good. If I were a showrunner and got to choose I would never choose SyFy to air my show. All networks are evil, but only giving WH13 6 episodes to wrap things up? There is a special layer in Hell reserved for them. I just really hate that they are not getting the proper amount of time to give it an ending that they deserve.
Flag
^^^^
THIS

And I say they only gave them 5 because that Season Premiere was filmed last season to be aired this season. So the Swan Song story got had to be trimmed in HALF. How do you expect writers to pull that off to get to where they wanted at the end? Had they known, they would have built more Pete Myka relationship last season and would feel more organic.

I am like Pete. I wanted 13 episodes to look at Myka's boobs.
Flag
I blame SyFy more than anyone. They do the best they can with what they get. The actors are good. Maybe the writers should bail on the Pete and Myka thing and focus on closing the warehouse. It should never happen.
Flag
Loved the episode :-) Hate that this show is ending :-( SUPER HATE PETE'S HAIR!!! It's horrible! Eddie McClintock's pictures on twitter have his normalr hair, so was this a planned thing just for the show? If so, why?!?!?!?!
Flag
I thought the episode was pretty good - Claudia's backstory was very interesting. Sucks what happened with her sister, but I do appreciate why Artie didn't tell her the whole truth. Look what she did - she killed their parents, not on purpose, that is beyond traumatic and who knows what that would have done to the mind of a 7 year old. Claudia not recognizing Artie and Mrs. Frederick makes sense, she was only 7. I'm sure there are plenty of people that you met as a child that you wouldn't recognize at all when you got older.

I can't stand the Myka and Pete suddenly realizing they have feelings for each other. NOTHING about their relationship in the past five years have felt like anything other than brother/sister. I can appreciate the strong bond they have and the fact that they love and would do anything for each other, but a romantic relationship is not something that I have ever seen between the two of them. I really wish (hope) the show doesn't go there with them (although it appears that way) because I love the relationship that they had. Pushing them into a romantic relationship will be extremely forced because it was never there in the first place. Men and women can be JUST FRIENDS! I wish television shows would recognize that.
More+
Flag
Great episode. It is episodes like this, with the reveal of Caludia's sister and Caludia and Artie's past that just goes to show the viewer that SciFi has lost its mind canceling this show. There is still so much more that this show can do and so many more places this show can go. It kind of annoys me that SciFi has it's head up it's arse about this.

But the episode was good. I am not sure about Myka and Pete, it has always been such a brother/sister relationship that it just kind of seems weird and forced. They have great chemistry, without a doubt that is one of the stronger aspects of the show. I just don't know that it is of a sexual nature.

Pete's hair is horrible. I know a good number of Marines and ex-Marines and none of them would where a Bieber style in their life. Maybe if you paid them, but that is about it.

Overall great episode as always, but I just want more.
Flag
wtf is with pete's hair? you see bangs, i see wig.
Flag
jury's still out for pete's hair- not so ure about them, I liked better his old hairstile (and I prefer women with bangs, but ehy, taht's me. let's see ina couple of episodes). and makes me wonder. what if mrs F isn't interested in Mika's children but, if the show ships them (and I'm not completely sure I do, and I nomrally ship people, people), is about "his" future children? A way to pass the aritfact hunting, warehouse guarding inheritance, after his mother had been an agent of the warehouse before him...
Flag
Gah the Pete and Myka thing that the writers are pushing now is way too aggressive. Pete and Myka's relationship has always been strictly platonic to me and I just find myself cringing at this romance angle they are now forcing on us.
Myka and HG is the only ship for me on this show.
The jury is still out on Pete's hair at the minute.
Flag
I HATE Pete's hair - sorry Pete, but you look like an elderly Belieber.....shudder.
Flag
Instead of going all smoochy at the end of the show, they should instead mirror the Pete/Myka relationship on Mulder and Scully from the X-files. Their relationship was in my opinion much deeper and more honest than many I've seen on TV and it will fit their relationship much better.
as for Claudia, you understand why she's mad at Artie but that scene in the end wasn't needed. she made it sound like the warehouse agents had abandoned her sister and left her to rot. She may care more than the others but the Regents allowed the use of multiple artifacts in keeping her sister alive when so many other innocent people have died in the course of their investigations. Claudia isn't the only one being protective at the moment, and I love Artie's fondness for the whole group.
Flag
I believe Myka and Pete are way too "brotherly and sisterly" to all of a sudden go full tilt relationship. We've know Pete would like this for some time but Myka has always set things straight. No doubt there's an opening in Myka's heart for this but there's really no need except for a typical super duper happy ending.

The Claudia / Claire stuff is awesome and a good way to end things. Since some may not have seen previews for the season, I won't spoil but it'll be great when a beloved cast member finally comes back.

And just on a TV.com note and for the staff to take note, what's up with the insane amount of crazy spam??? This has gone on a long time and getting worse. It's 2014 and shouldn't be all that hard to stop it dead in its track. I suppose a no link policy would help so let's get with the program.
Flag
I don't like it and I'm happy that this show is canceled ... And what about Clod's brother - he lied her only because Arty asked him?
Flag
Considering Claudia's brother never appeared on-screen, it's doubtful he knew much. Maybe Artie told him his sister died.

Then again maybe I missed a scene that explained that her brother knew she was taken away and lied.
Flag
When you say that he never appeared on screen, do you mean never in the series or never during the ordeal of their parent's deaths?

I, too, wonder where he fits in this ruse. It's very likely that they gave him the same story as Claudia.
Flag
The brother appeared in several WH13 episodes.

He just didn't appear in last night's flashback as near as I could tell, and I don't recall a valid explanation for his absence. Like the whole family was there, except her brother.
Flag
It was as if he never existed - this makes the show so cheap.
Flag
OK two things:
1. I loved the season premiere, but to each his/her own i guess.
2. This episode was great, just like last week's. Claudia's sister definitely raises the stakes of the show to me, especially given that Claudia will most likely attempt to free Claire, which could have drastic consequences. I also like that WH13 keeps the cases coming, cause that's their job. I love watching Pete and Myka in action, and this one was a good example. The Pete/Myka "relationship" looks a little forced, but I'll roll with it for the sake of the show.
Flag
WOW I love this show and I'm glad it's back. Pete's hair just makes me smile it's ridiculous but he's ridiculous so it suits. Mrs Fredrick doesn't mention or question about something for no reason she always has a purpose and Myka's kids is no exception maybe she knows that Pete will turkey baste her and they will have super children ?..?????. Poor Claudia that girl has gone through a shit load of stuff and needs a break.
Flag
Same thing over and over...Artie and Claudia(+Steve) get cool stuff, lame Pete and Myka get boring stuff. My hopes for final 6 episodes were so high,but now after 2nd episode of last 6,those hopes lay down in ashes.

Such a drag to watch Pete and Myka and who the fuck gives a shit about random case of the week!?!?!? Not me. And yet there it'll be every week it seems.

Not sure,but wasn't there talk that Claudia has A TWIN SISTER,not older sister?? And from all the talk Artie made,how bad her sister was...bitch please...that wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Now people will say "uh,killing your parents isn't bad enough for you??" and I'd say "girl is possessed by artifact,I am sure she regrets deep down and if she didn't have artifact powers,she'd do what any teenager does...bitch and moan,be angry at their parents,etc."
Flag
It wasn't that she killed the parents...

It's that she was uncontrollable. And I doubt watching herself kill her parents made her MORE stable. Put her in a room with Claudia, and between the "darkness" and her guilt over what she did she might lash out and kill whoever was in the room with a thought.

Still, from Artie's speech I was expecting her to be Evil instead of just uncontrollable.
Flag
Pete's bangs get the stank-face from me. Does he have a head injury that he's trying to cover up?

Mrs. Frederic is not a small talk type of person. So I will take her asking such an intrusive question as foreshadowing some future event.

I believe Claudia's brother was off in college around that time. And it's perfectly understandable that she didn't remember Artie. Children at that age don't remember faces that they don't see on a regular basis. Two or three encounters over a decade or more would not have made either Artie's or Mrs. Frederic's face register in her brain.
Flag
I go the way of my feelings on Elementary with Warehouse 13: they make for great friends, I'm not invested in them being an item because I don't think they have that kind of chemistry, despite the fact they have chemistry. There are some shows where the minute the leads open their mouths, you just know they'll be making out by season 3 or 4 (Castle, anybody? And since my lil heart is obsessed, Intelligence's first season is just chock full of sexual tension spilling over by the bucketful, and all within a mere 13 episodes) But there are shows like Elementary (and Warehouse 13) where the thought of the two leads as anything but friends makes even my overly fictional romance invested heart go....uh, nope, we're good here. Jusssttt frieennddss. So in that case, if they get smooshed together, I'm not going to complain, but if they don't, I'm in no way heartbroken because the chips fell where they were supposed too. Don't force it.

Thought the question about children seemed like a, 'hey, you might have magick children...we need more agents.' Pete's mom is a regent (?) after all. Seems like it runs in the family.

Claudia has always been my fave. Bring on the backstory, I say! Someone get that girl a spin off! (No, seriously Syfy, like you have anything better to offer right now? That would be gold!)

Not all that weird about her brother not being there. He was sufficiently older. Wasn't he in college when she was handed over to him? College or teaching or being a protege or something...regardless, Claire was the middle child, Claudia the baby.

And how many faces do you remember from when you were 7?
More+
Flag
A spinoff for Claudia is a great idea. She has always been my favorite character, too, and Syfy could rectify its mistake of canceling WH13 by at least doing that!
Flag
I think the fact about relationships and children in this show is in regards of their jobs. They at least know what the other's job is. I'm sure, if this season had its proper 22-24 episodes, we'd see a gradual development of a romantic relationship between the two. But with only 6 episodes it inevitably feels rushed
Flag
The lack of Claudia's brother is odd, but not the lack of recognizing Artie. I only remember a couple of events from when I was that young including some big events. And peoples faces are not at the top of the list.

She was what... 6 or 7?

Flag
Actually, it wasn't so much "dragging their feet" as it was "We had no real intention to put them together". From the very beginning they've showed that, while Pete and Myka love each other dearly, it's more of a brother/sister thing. Reading between the lines, most people involved with the show, actors and showrunners, are at best ambivalent with what the network is trying to do.

No, this whole forcing them together is a kick in the teeth for the people who loved seeing a healthy relationship between a man and a woman that didn't devolve into a will-they-won't-they. And I'm just grateful to know that I'm not alone in feeling like this. Hell, even Syfys own Warehouse 13 Facebook page shows that a lot of people dislikes this whole forced romance.

And I'm not saying that they should have been put in another relationship either. While both of them have other people that would have fit them better as a love interest, from just about every perspective, this final season could have been great with no romance at all.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go remove this Pyka stuff the network is trying to jam down our throats before sitting down to try and enjoy everything else about this last season.
More+
Flag
Ungh, absolutely! Why must everything end in a relationship. I LOVED the fact that they had such a great platonic relationship, they have spent 5 seasons being brother and sister with NO chemistry, why would they do this?

Honestly I still haven't figured out why they took a character like HG Wells, the inventor, the crazy Victorian agent with such amazing potential and turned her into a suburban soccer mom.

Who's driving this bus, I mean really?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members