A Warehouse 13 Community
Syfy (ended 2014)

Warehouse 13 S05E06: "Endless"

Not gonna lie—it was odd and a little off-putting for Warehouse 13 to do a flashback-filled finale in which the flashbacks were actually newly filmed scenes (what is this, Community?). I find it especially questionable that the flashbacks in question were supposed to be the most important moments in the Warehouse agents' professional lives; if they were so "defining," why didn't we see them during the series' actual run? I'm sure we can all think of truly revolutionary moments for each character—moments that we actually witnessed, that actually held meaning because of the context of their execution, and not because it was decreed from the writers' room that Artie has a son and the relationship was so important that it framed his tenure with the Warehouse... and yet we never heard about it until the series finale. Yeah, okay. 

So "Endless" fumbled in a few places. Claudia's big moment, a tap-dancing spectacle that screamed "Hey, it's the series finale and we still have some cash in the budget" appeared to exist solely to resurrect the old destiny debate. Claudia is one of the most complex and well-developed characters on the show and that's what we get for her setpiece? It's not even like the caretaker question was subsequently dealt with in a successful way. Warehouse 13's final scene revealed Claudia in the caretaker role at some point in a future far enough removed from our own to look a little space-age-y, with agents who are not Myka, Pete, Jinks, or Artie. For the record, I loved the scene and the ending, but the build-up, with its haphazard approach to Claudia's story, left a lot to be desired—and a few lingering questions remained. 

Claudia's defining moment saw her seriously questioning her willingness to assume the role of caretaker following Mrs. Frederic's exit. It's now clear that Claudia eventually becomes the caretaker anyway, so we know that she makes peace with her feelings at some point. Not to mention the fact that it must happen rather soon after the events of this episode, because Future Caretaker Claudia didn't look a day past her current age of 22—meaning that, like Mrs. F, she stopped aging after taking over as caretaker of the Warehouse.  

Maybe I'd feel better if Warehouse 13 had aged Allison Scagliotti up a little bit for the finale scene. Claudia voiced some serious misgivings about her destiny with the Warehouse, and while we did get to see her in the caretaker gig before the credits rolled for the last time, we missed a lot in between. Of course, it's true that just because Claudia didn't want to be the caretaker the last time we saw her with Artie and the others doesn't mean that she couldn't change her mind—but that's where some older-lady makeup magic might've come in handy. Claudia has struggled with the question of whether or not she should take the job for a few seasons now, and she still wasn't sure of what she wanted to do when Mrs. Frederic had everyone drop their memories into the pensieve—err, I mean round table. Given time, Claudia's opinion could have—and clearly did—change, but by showing us a Future Caretaker Claudia who didn't look any older than Present-Day Agent Claudia suggests that she came to decision fairly quickly. So what happened? Was there a crisis that left her with no choice? Was she obligated by a sense of duty? 

Idk, it just bothered me, even though I'm so delighted that Warehouse 13 ended with Claudia as the caretaker. It brought the series full circle. 

Of course, there were other odd details that detracted from the overall feel-good nature of "Endless." Artie's surprise son was random and, despite the quickie throwaway line about how Artie fought for agents to have a "one" because of his son's existence, it was a little pointless this late in the game. 

Jinks' Fantastic Voyage moment was so awe-inspiring as to bring him to tears, yet he claimed to have forgotten all about it. 

And Pete and Myka's big romantic realization was underwhelming, practically reduced to a footnote in the grand scheme of the series. 

When it came down to the details, "Endless" was far from perfect. However, the broad strokes were painted in the right places. The "vibes" were good. There were callbacks to the highest—and lowest—points in the Warehouse's history. Artie's rant against the cruel whimsy of the Warehouse, how it could so casually throw away those who gave so much of their lives to its care, was flawless, and it came in direct contrast to the series' more immature moments. Such is the nature of the Warehouse. And so its keepers and agents reflected on the past while looking toward the future with optimism, but the tempered sort of optimism that comes with growth and experience—the understanding that while there will be bad days and worse days, the world is not an inherently dark place, and that the good, once found, can last forever in one form or another, if not always (or often) the form we'd find most ideal. 

Consider Claudia's closing scene at the round table, the wistful look on her face. We don't know how long she'd been the caretaker at that point, but we know it was long enough that her generation of agents had moved on. We don't know what happened to them. They could be dead. Some could have even died young; after all, for all its lighthearted moments, their job was a dangerous one. At best, they're old and will be gone in time, whereas Claudia is frozen in eternal(ish) youth. For all intents and purposes, Claudia doesn't have any friends and family left, and yet Warehouse 13 didn't give us any reason to believe she's unhappy. A little lonely, maybe, but that's the nature of the caretaker's role. Mrs. Frederic seemed similarly lonely from time to time—and as we heard in "Endless," Mrs. F's own memories are contained within the round table: her family, her joys, her victories. They brought her comfort in the way Claudia's own visitation with the past appears to make her smile, and they'll be stored there forever.

All told, Warehouse 13's series finale was bittersweet, and a lot was left unsaid. But for a series that specialized in the unknown, the obscure, the odd, and the eternal exploration of the wonderful and the weird, "Endless" was an appropriate ending. It was a little bumpy in places, but sometimes the bumps are just part of the journey. 

EXTRA ARTIFACTS

– Pete and Myka's relationship never got the attention it deserved. The fact that "Savage Seduction" should've been shelved in favor of a more "relevant" episode is still abundantly clear. Think about what Warehouse 13 could have done with one more hour of actual plot!

– How do we feel about the fact that decades after Pete, Myka, and the gang prepared for the inevitable migration, Warehouse 14 has yet to materialize, meaning that the ol' U.S. of A. is still a dominant superpower. USA! USA! USA!

– I appreciated the HG Wells cameo and the shout-out to HG having a girlfriend. 

– I also enjoyed how we never learned more about Mrs. Frederic. 

– Did you agree with the "defining moments" in "Endless," or would you have chosen different ones? 

What'd you think of the series finale? Are you satisfied with how Warehouse 13 signed off?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/19/2014

Season 5 : Episode 6

170 Comments
Comments (170)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I didn't hate the finally, the only issue I had with it was the fact that it just made me think that every one was dead... possibly having died young during a mission, and that Claudia is all alone, her friends all gone. It did say several decades later which mean 30 or more, if Artie didn't die during a mission, he's definitely dead by now...
Flag
Late to the party and odds are nobody is gonna read this but I completely disagree with some of your critiques

Especially the Pete/Myka relationship - this is the only show i know of that consists of the 'will they/won't they' trope that didn't shoehorn a shitty relationship into the main plot for the majority of it's run - Pete realised he had feelings for Myka two episodes before the finale - and they didn't really address it until the SERIES FINALE and i think that is totally original - if the writers shoehorned an episode in the final season dedicated to the Pete/Myka realising their feelings for each other, it would have sucked completely
The fact that it only had a couple of minutes of screen-time in the finale is better than ruining the show where they get together earlier in the series' run
I guess MaryAnn is a sucker for shipping but i thought it was perfectly addressed

As for the 'defining moments' - i do get your point that if they were so defining then why not show them earlier in the series - but we would just be watching a clip show then wouldn't we??? plus i am sure Mrs. F said that it was the Warehouse's memory of the characters defining moments - therefore, these characters wouldn't have thought they were defining at the time (bringing credence to why Jinks forgot all about his)

my only problem is that Claudia was the only character who had an 'ending' - it would have been nice for us to see the fates of the characters that started the show (Pete/Myka/Artie) - just goes to show how popularity can change a show (not a Claudia hater, but she shouldn't have been the only character with resolution, the round table could have easily shown us the fates of the other characters when Claudia went to visit it)

A strange series finale IMO, not great but not bad either - But then again, i thought the whole final season was pretty much a waste of time - they had time to plan it out and it just all seemed a mess - too much filler, no story, and the finale left much to be desired
More+
Flag
Finale was definitely a downer. You summed it up nicely.
Flag
Am I right in understanding that Warehouse 13 never moved it's location, even decades after the finale (it never gave birth to Warehouse 14)? Because future Claudia was speaking to her agents who were wearing caps with the Warehouse 13 logo. Plus, the very final scene showed the exterior of Warehouse 13.
Flag
It almost moved multiple times. So... it never moved. Other agents died because they were mortal except Claudia who became a regent.
Flag
Agree wtih the article - last episode a bit disappointing - in fact the last season was one too many unfortunatley. I have absolutely loved the whole series - brilliant. Smacks of similarities to how Fringe ended - one season too long and a deflated final episode.
Flag
I would've liked to see the agents become regents, demystify the regents a bit.
Flag
Who gives a fuck how Warehouse 13 ended? It was at best a mediocre show, but vaguely watchable (in that disengage-the-brain-and-zone-out kinda way) until the appearance of the intensely annoying prick, Claudia Donovan. Jesus, what an utterly irredeemable cunt of a character! How is it that this fuck-tard with a mile-wide streak of immature, pissy selfishness and chronic verbal diarrhoea is somehow considered cute? What is wrong with people?
Flag
Wow, you sound like an amazing person
Flag
Why not show them during the actual run? Because then the finale would have been a clip show with goodbyes surrounded by stuff we had already seen.

Why didn't Pete and Myka get together earlier in the season or last season? Because then the show would be about their relationship instead of their partnership. How many Pete and Myca relationship centered stories did we need to feel closure? The show worked with the tension and awkwardness between them, and screwing with that to throw in some relationship episodes in a six episode final season would have been a waste of perfectly good tension and awkwardness.

There were odd things that seemed contrived, like the son and Claudias doubts, but they were trying to cram a lot into the finale so these contrivances were there to make it interesting, have fun, and push the story along.

The worst things about this episode? HG is now dating some girl somewhere else. Why? This is a quick line just to add a "where is HG now" update, yet it added nothing to her character except to re-iterate her bisexuality from her "many of my lovers were men" comment ages ago. She had grown, matured, and had seen that culminate in her wanting a normal life with a family with these two people she loved. Now we regress with "That's over, she's in a new relationship now." And who cares that it is a woman? That has to be the only reason that was put in there, for the shock value or giggles, but, really, who cares now-a-days? If it was put in for shock value then it undermines the character development, and if it was not put in for shock value then what is the point? If you are going to have an important character in a lesbian relationship then maybe take the time to make it an actual relationship instead of reducing it to a "giggle giggle, she sleeps with women" followed by Pete saying something like "giggle giggle, she sleeps with women."

Claudia as caretaker was HORRIBLE. Don't get me wrong, I am totally happy that it ended showing Claudia as the caretaker, but she should have been Claudia, not a young looking white Mrs. Fredrick. The whole affect to her voice and Fredrickesque eyebrow raises and looking over glasses that were not there was just annoying. So what I am I supposed to take away from that, that when someone takes over as caretaker they are imbued with a personality that is not their own? I am sure that the actresses Mrs Fredrick impression is hilarious behind the scenes on set, but for the purposes of the show it would have been really nice to see Claudia act a bit more like Claudia in her role as caretaker, just more mature, not with an affect and accent that never existed before outside of Mrs Fredrick. . . . and then have her disappear in a Caretaker way as a not to Mrs. Fredrick followed by the "I hate it when she does that."
More+
Flag
//"if they were so "defining," why didn't we see them during the series' actual run?"//

Because throughout the series what we were really watching was Pete's highlight reel... the moments that were most important to HIM.
Flag
Let me put it this way, I just googled to see when the season was finishing up..... I either had no clue that was the season finale or it wasn't memorable enough to stick my head as such. What a terrible way to send off this show!
Flag
I love warehouse13, but don't understand why they had to cram everything at the last minute, Would of been great if they finished the season properly. Pete and Myka should of got together ages ago. LOVE Artie, How come it carried on without them? I don't understand any of that?? They should of kept them all. Or at least finish it. Wish the show didn't have to end. I cried when it finished, It just seemed to have messed up towards the end. why did it stop????? loved this show :( x
Flag
Awful, awful finale to a woeful season, never should have bothered with the final season because it was terrible, stupid plots, terrible writing, Pete's wig. I'm basically left wondering was the show really this bad? Why the hell did I ever start watching it? Something somewhere went wrong as I seem to remember the first couple of season being far better in terms of writing and acting. The final season just got so silly.
Flag
Totally agree - I have absolutely loved the series and think it should have stopped at Season 4 - I agree with this article on the final episode - things were just 'thrown in the mix' and almost seemed to be the hint of storylines the producers couldnt be bothered to go into
Flag
Completely agree. They should of done the last two episodes last season and saved us the trouble of this one. It was more or less just a slap in the face and never should of been made.
Flag
i loved it
Flag
I liked it. They did a good job. In this last season I could have done without the telenovela, but other than that, a fine job. Again, SyFy cancels a classic, thought-provoking series.
Flag
Average ratings fell about 33% between seasons 3 and 4. Don't blame SyFy.
Flag
thanks for the closure, i think it was a great ending. you dont see a lot of good endings today and this one was good.

Flag
I was so disappointed by the lack of atention Myka's and Pete's relationship had in the show...It was so sudden..I think they should had taken more episodes to developed things.Maybe if they had a regular season...
Flag
I couldn't disagree with you more. Personally, I loathe flashback clip episodes. It shows a lack of creativity and imagination on the part of the writers and pure laziness all the way 'round. The fact they used their creativity to make defining moments that had never been seen was brilliant and part of what made Warehouse 13 such a wonderful show. They remained true the spirit of the series and true to it's viewers to the very end. I have nothing but respect and admiration for that.
Flag
I love this series very much.. but the last episode.. i say that is a garbage...
The most stupid ending of all the series iv been watched...
Flag
Late to this, as I just saw the episode, but:

Claudia should never have been considered Caretaker in the first place. Always should have been Artie's surrogate daughter, if you will, and apprentice to Artie and the Warehouse. Artie's son helped cheapin' that too. The end should save shown Claudia still doing that job and being the techno-wizard she always was.

The end was cheesy and needless. Claudia's haughty-taughty sounding accent didn't help her.

I thought it would be Jinks that would become Caretaker, and he should have. One main reason was his ability to know if people were telling the truth. This could have been strongly developed over the years and used to help find artifacts, deal with people, and know who to trust in finding new agent for the Warehouse. He also died and came back to life giving him a moment of immortality thanks to the Warehouse. Should that not have been his defining moment??? it would have been a fine twist.

Pete and Myka should have always been like brother and sister. Their "love" has been completely over-done in TV and therefore completely unoriginal.

Artie, with exception of the son, was the only consistent thing in the end about this show. Off-hand, I have nothing else bad to say about his character, but whatever became of him - death, retirement, what? - would have been nice closure.

Poor Josh. never mentioned again even when Artie was talking about "The One". Claudia has two, Artie stupid writers)!

Disappointed in these final episodes. I really do not believe the writers ever really knew how to end it, so just hacked out these last shows to bring some superficial closure to fans.
More+
Flag
I have LOVED every episode of WAREHOUSE and anticipated the finale as an episode that would have reduced me to a blubbering cry baby. As someone who cries at even some commercials, it would not have taken much for me to become emotional at the ending of my beloved show. But alas, not one tear was shed--in fact, I had to research to make sure that this was the finale. I was so underwhelmed. I do applaud Mary Ann Sleasman's wonderful review--it was spot on!
Flag
I disagree that the "defining moments" should have been from episodes we've already seen, Then it really would have been a clip show, and that would have been no way for the series to end. I'm also not upset that they didn't show how Claudia became Caretaker, or what happened to the others. They did it exactly right by showing that more has happened in the last five years than we've seen, and more would continue to happen. it kind of fit in with the "Endless" episode title (and all the previous "Endless..." episodes).

It was also a lot of fun. They got to do a big Broadway dance number, with Steve going against the stereotype by protesting how much he HATES musicals. They did an AWESOME "Fantastic Voyage" homage. Myka did a classic whodunnit confrontation with the suspects in a case, that turned into a brawl with a bunch of ninja housewives. They did several period pieces, including one from 1943, one involving H.G. Wells from 1889, and the closing scene from some indefinite future. Hard to believe they fit all that into 43 minutes.

They had time for more serious moments too, with Artie's impassioned soliloquy to the Warehouse, and Pete, possibly representing all the fans of the series, struggling to accept that it would all end. He and Myka finally admitting their feelings for each other did feel a bit anti-climactic, but only because it's been a building for five years, and they had to squeeze it in along with everything else that took place. It was still good that they finally got it out. It was also good to see H.G. and Leena back one last time. All in all, it was a great way to end the series. Too bad they didn't use more of the previous five episodes this season building up to it though. So much of "Secret Services", "A Faire to Remember", and "Savage Seduction", fun as they were in their own right, seemed like filler, especially being so close to the finale.
More+
Flag
I'd like to have seen more on what happened with the rest of the team minus Claudia. What happened to Pete any Myka and Steve? How did they die? during a case? Old age? Did P/M raise a family despite their jobs?
And another thing that always made me wonder. What does a caretaker do all day except teleporting in once in a while?
Flag
The main thing that I looked forward to in the finale was to see Vanessa and Artie rekindle or do something with their relationship because its still this very moment just waiting there with way more potential
Flag
Did anyone catch that Lattimer called Mrs. Frederic Irene after he kissed her on the cheek at the end? I expect that was meant to convey something - he always called her respectfully by her last name throughout the series - but I don't know what secret that familiarity was meant to reveal. Does anyone know?
Flag
Sorry ... i didn't see that a few people replied to this as part of an earlier post.
Flag
People complain a lot when you pair the key titular characters . Often it's rightly so , cause it sends many messages rubbing us the wrong way ... like there is no way , in tv land , that a seductive woman and decent looking guy can just remain friends and partners till the end .

It was obvious that the show would chew that particular bullet someday , given how , despite it being obviously shoehorn and cringy through the five seasons , there was a little bit of chemistry and love connection potential there .

So no i'm glad it was so purposely avoided and rush , and just "icing on some finale cake" . Did you really guys want to suffer through a whole regular season of Mika and Pete romance ? With the inevitable forced obstacles , tediousness , and lack of charm once they jump into the relationship ?

Did you guys really want the romance (or lack of) from the last few seasons of Bones ?
Flag
I hated that it was ending so this ep was more bitter than sweet no matter what! I could think of better defining moments and I would have like to have seen a clip of everyone's future, not just Claudias! I wish it didn't have to end but all good thing must come to an end!
A new series called 'the librarians' is coming to screens this fall (on TNT) and although I haven't watched the three films that it is a spin-off from, the description sounds oddly like W13!
Flag
Actually, W13 "stole" an episode from one of the Librarian TNT movies. The episode in which they go to Egypt and have to get through many obstacles, including those swinging slicers, was a duplicate of the same swinging slicers and obstacles that were in the movie. ,
Flag
Although you have pointed out a lot of flaws with the episode, I also noticed the new shots and Pete's longer hair, I concentrated less on the scenes themselves and more on the thoughts and emotions it was meant to bring out. This was a short season for Warehouse 13 and at least it got an ending of sorts. Everyone does actually fulfill their destiny. Pete and Myka do realize how much they mean to each other despite their bickering, Claudia eventually embraces her destiny and becomes a caretaker, Jinks realizing how everyone was part of a family, and I got to see Leena accepting her fate. Even the warehouse continues on and on.
Flag
Here's the thing that bugged me. The entire premise of the episode was that it was time to record memories of the W13 agents because the 13th iteration of the Warehouse was coming to a close (like the series) and move to a new host nation with a new staff of Warehouse agents. This could have been handled in one of two ways

1.) Pete DOES find a way to keep the Warehouse from moving and thus saves the day. The story continues and our heroes live to find another ping. The rest of the episode including the Claudia ending plays as normal.

2.) Pete DOESN'T find a way to save the day. The Warehouse moves, and we get to see Pete and Myka get together and do something else and we get to see Artie spend some more time with his semi-estranged son and we get to see Steve find true peace and Claudia choose her own destiny.

We don't get either of those two resolutions that make sense. Instead we get the worst part of both. We get inexplicably vague option 3.

3.) Pete DOESN'T find a way to save the day and keep the Warehouse from moving. The Warehouse decides to not move for a few decades ANYWAY. Claudia doesn't choose her own destiny, we have no idea what happens to any of the rest of the cast, the end.

I really felt let down. I wish we could've gotten a full season to flesh out these final stories and a finale that made some actual sense within the context of the show.
More+
Flag
"I laughed I cried, it became a part of me"
Flag
I loved the Obama's basketball ball line!!!!
Flag
I was not happy with the way WH13 signed off. I am not happy that WH13 is over. I thought this episode was more of a midseason filler at best. It was definitely not a series finale caliber episode.

Pete and Myka should not have been shoehorned in as a couple. Claudia and Jenks had more chemistry.

The HG cameo made me want more Jaime Murray this season.

The so-called defining moments were lackluster compared to the moments that we did see over the 4 1/2 seasons.

Warehouse 13 is over and I feel that this truncated season 5 sullied the memory of a great show. SyFy is too blame once again for ruining the legacy of a wonderful show. If they had been able to do a 13 episode run, then they would have had time to give it the proper sendoff it deserves.
Flag
They left a lot unanswered questions. But the "Endless Wonder" bit kinda sums it up pretty good. But I think they did a good job of leaving room for a second series or reboot or continuation (whatever you want to call it.)

I want to see more of the purple bird! It would be nice to see the Warehouse Beginnings as well though.

The Myka and Pete was rushed a bit -- they tried to fit 4 seasons of sexual tension in one show. And for the love of apples, I wish people would stop saying they had a brother/sister relationship. That's just creepy. Joanne Kelly and Eddie McClintock had some on again/off again chemistry during the show's run but the finale was a miss.

I really hoped Jinks and Claudia would be a thing but after seeing the picture of his sister I knew there was no possibility of that.

It's a decent ending given the time they had. Except for the very end with Claudia -- I mean what the heck was up with the dress? She never wore a dress!
Flag
The reason so many people say they have a brother/sister relationship is because that is what Joanne kelly has said about it. When plays Myka she does it with the head canon that pete is like her brother and that she is in love with HG. listen to the interviews. Joanne and Jaime began shipping their characters together long before we even saw the episodes and that is what was in their heads as they played their characters. She's also said that the pete & Myka thing was supposed to be sibling like, but I'm guessing the producers/writers decided to change that this season.
Flag
Not only that but through the whole series Myka always remarks how she sees Pete as nothing more than a best friend/brother, she has completely more chemistry with HG cause that's how Joanne and Jamie played it, for me it should had ended with those two together just look at the finales Reset and Emily Lake, it's clear as the day. They shove Pete/Myka down our throats this season when they've never been like that.
The only thing that I liked a lot was the end hearing all of them talking about endless wonder, that's what made me cry but the episode could have been extremely better. They should have at least given them 12 episodes like in the beginning.
I wanted more HG, the flashbacks should have been from previous episodes.
In the end it could have been better and I'm hoping for a sequel or something with all of them
Flag
Y'all do realize that Jinks is gay, right? He probably wouldn't have ended up with Claudia because you know, he's gay.
Flag
I know he was gay. That was the point of my stating that they had more chemistry than Myka and Pete.
Flag
The dress! I forgot to mention that. Good call. I would have like to have seen Claudia with a gray lock of hair like Mrs. F. I thought that would have been cool. This whole season was too rushed for a great show like WH13, I admit it faltered a bit, but still it was an overall solid series. I am just upset that it is over.
Flag
In my opinion a complete shame, these last chapters of the series .. a disaster.
a chapter worse than the other.
The Latin telenovela ¨ ¨ had nothing to do to put it in the last six chapters, was for Season 4 ... and had to close early which was over almost 5 cpaitulo in Season 4, which ended in 30 minutes, a total disaster.
Thoroughly disappointed, they HAVE LEFT THE FOURTH SERIES SEASON, AND SHE HAD BEEN BETTER ..
That lack of respect, so finish this series and series that are leaving the lowest I've seen ...
And all that under 6 milion to 2.5 million viewers .... I would have to have done, if cancellation 100,000 so if ... but that is the U.S. market and the rest of the world??, No there ...
AN END OF SERIES WAS THE BABYLON 5, THAT IS FINAL.
STAR TREK VOYAGER AND .......
NOT THIS ...
Flag
The general theme of the last few episodes was the same: Friends and family and the bond that they share.

The Telenovela episode seemed to be like a "clean-up" mixed with good fun. I watched from Pilot to end and when watching season 4, I started to wonder what happened to Kelly. I was pretty happy they resolved that lose end.
Flag
Why has this to end, there was so much more life left in the show. The finale was sad & although enjoyable, i did feel cheated. Shame on SCIFI. Nothing left to watch on this channel now! :(
Flag
FRIEND, you got right. a total lack of scifi, alien gives me shame.
Flag
Unfortunately this is what we get when the networks give the creators only six episodes to finish up a series instead of a complete final season...
Flag
Well after watching the last episode I was in a mood so I watched the pilot.
Since the very beginning we can sense that there was something between Pete and Myka, not love at first sight but something. Then we can understand I think why they finish together even if it was a bit rushed.

And I heard again miss F saying to Pete that the job will be endless wonder. I like when a show in the series's final make a tribute to the first one or at least the first season. And to the missing characters and it was well done here. I would have watch them against the railing looking at the inside of the warehouse like they did at the beginning.

A thing that disappoint me a little it when a show do thing in the beginning maybe to impress us and then forget them. Like Artie traveling through the WH using Edison's car (even if he replace it by a thing with 2 wheels but I don't remember the name) or using a yodel. Things like that. And Pete's vibes he had a lot of them at the beginning, it seems important but then as far as I remember it fades to almost none.

Anyway it is a good show and I'll miss it a lot.
More+
Flag
Pete and Myka kind of switched roles. Pete was the more emotional one while Myka was more analytical. Pete started to be the one who had the "great ideas". As Claudia said, "he’s a pretty smart boy when he’s not thinking of cookies or boobies"
Flag
The music during Pete's memory share what was it?
Flag
Just a few of my thoughts: Once all have contributed to the Time Capsule, Mrs. Fredricks tells Pete there will be endless wonder. Then, there is a ping and all agents go to work on it and then start fading out. Later Claudia pops up as caretaker (ala Mrs. Fredricks) and W13 is still in South Dakota... Could it be that Artie, Pete, Myka, Claudia, and Steve are all now "part" of the warehouse? the ghosts in the machine kinda thing? Could this explain how Mrs. Fredricks and Claudia could appear and disappear at will? When Claudia went back at the end as caretaker and touched the table you could hear everyone else's voice saying "endless wonder"... Mrs. Fredricks told them the Warehouse could move soon or many years later. Maybe the warehouse was "moving", as in moving them all into itself/soul or something like that...
Flag
I watched it not knowing the episode was the series' finale, and didn't realize it till at least half way in. It just didn't felt like one. Disappointing, but sweet ending with Claudia being the caretaker.
Flag
I'm going to miss this show. So very much. It was one of the few truly original things airing on tv and I'm especially sad that we didn't even get a full season to really say goodbye. 6 episodes (even the ones you don't seem to think fit, which I felt were perfectly in keeping with the spirit of the show) was not enough to sink our teeth into. This was an apertif when what we needed (and all of us, the viewers and those involved with the show) deserved was a banquet. I will miss you Warehouse 13, and all of your endless wonders.
Flag
Well I guess in a way it is fitting it kinda ended in a sorta full circle like Eureka did. (carter and zoe seeing their past selves, here claudia talking to the 'new recruits'). I mean I pretty much accepted last week as more of the finale with the last big bad defeated. This episode didn't really change anything as the warehouse is right where it is in dakota. But I like happy endings and this was more of a 'reflection' before the lights turn off and for that i can't fault it too much. Everyone at least has a decent send off and nothing bad happens, plus no loose ends afaik.
For some of the scenes, i'm sorry but i think the 42nd st thing was lame and claudia could've gotten a better one like the sub thing. That was just an excuse to give jinks a purpose (which i'm not against, but whatever). I guess some of the stuff were things that could've been if the show had at least 6 more eps or maybe it is stuff that didn't justify even half an episode. So in that sense, I don't mind the 'clip show that wasn't'. Thank you wh13 for the fun and you join Eureka in that tv heaven because syfy has become a soulless piece of garbage now preferring drecks like sharknado instead of more quality shows.
More+
Flag
I think that the finale was ok, not bad but not great. One of my favorite scenes is Pete's defining warehouse moment, looking back at everything that had happened to him, and I think that the clipshow could have been fine with actual scenes from previous episodes, this was a how about the people working at the warehouse as much if not more so than a show about the warehouse, and to look back at all the different scenes that made those characters so beloved could have been a fine ending.
That being said while they way they did it was odd it was not bad.

My problem with the finale is that they Pete and Myka together. I can see why some people wanted them together, because there have been a couple moments over the course of the show that you could almost see it happening, but those moments almost always came from Pete. From wanting to have a baby with Myka to being not at all surprised when they woke up in bed together. But for every Pete moment showing possible feelings there was a Myka one portrayed them as friends if not siblings. From naming her ferret Pete because it was "cute but so annoying", to every moment she had with a love interests of Pete's. While she was nosey as only family can be she was never jealous. I have thought for a while that their dynamic was that he was kinda into her and she... wasn't. I also always kind of got feeling that he knew it, when fake myka(slash Alice from the looking glass) kissed him, He knew it wasn't really Myka, when she asked him how he knew, he said he knew Myka would never kiss him.
I also think that if Pete and Mylar where always end game they shouldn't have thrown in possible feelings between Myka and HG, they spent years hinting towards it (Myka's leaving the warehouse after HG betrayed it, their goodbye in the woods, Myka's reaction to HG dating that guy in season 4) got fans all over to root for it( not that their aren't Pyka fans), and then just put her with Pete.
still I loved the show and one slightly odd finale can't change that
More+
Flag
Warehouse 13 was always a little serie I was taking lightly, it was entertaining
But I have to say I will miss it
Flag
I was so worried they where gonna do flashbacks to scenes already seen, which to me would have me smelling Fudge, but we got some new (if a bit wackier then normal) scenes for that.

The episode was filled with references to so many things, Arties Son smelling fudge just before the club appeared, Arties Apple (one of the most emotionally powerful scenes in all of Warehouse 13) the warehouse didn't just let him smell apples, it "hit" him with a gust and gave him one, The "return" of Leena to reveal she knew the day she first came to the warehouse that she would die there, a bit of HG action.

Then we finally got Pete and Mika together, which led to a few great one liners:
Pete: So when do we get NAKED?
Mika: Well, we body swapped, you've been me naked

and a few others.

overall it may have been the most UN-warehouse 13 episode of all of time but I fully admit I spent most of the second half of the episode (pretty much from Arties Apple on) just ballin my eyes out, so in closing I have 3 words for you:

Apples, Artie, Apples!
More+
Flag
I love the apple scene to!! Everyone says the warehouse likes you if you can smell apples, give artie an apple was like screaming 'I love you' :D
Flag
Justice League Unlimited, Season 4, Episode 13: Epilogue.

THAT is how you provide an 'epilogue ending' to a series - coincidentally, also starring CCH Pounder. They managed to significantly retell the prologue AND provide a satisfying ending, with a lot of back story and messy human nature, in the same 44 minutes that Warehouse 13 had.

I appreciated the fact that the focus was on the people, not trying to save the world again. I thought Claudia's defining moment seemed a bit 'forced', though I really did like Artie's flashback, and it was a very interesting way to do it. Someone in the writing room seemed to save the best rabbit in their hat for last.

Having said that, I thought that there were many missed opportunities. Myka and Pete kissed, but that only means that they found they had feelings for each other. Did they end up pursuing it, or did Pete and Myka feel that they needed to be partners independent of their feelings? At the bitter end we saw the new crew, but with no in-between - were they 'recruited' and/or 'apprenticed' like Steve was? By whom - a retired, somewhat disgruntled Steve who took Artie's place when he passed? The scene I'm thinking of takes all of 30 seconds to do - at the very end, do a circular dolly shot that fades between glances of the characters - Myka getting grey hair, but holding Pete's hand, Mrs. Frederic 'passing the mantle' to Claudia (and perhaps 'dissolving' as her age catches up with her), everyone dressed in black, mourning Artie's death, etc. At the very least, we're simply left to assume that everyone stayed with the warehouse until their demise, which was a rather poignant question to not-answer.

Political statements aside, it's surprising that the warehouse wouldn't have moved in over 200 years. It did leave an interesting question to ponder: agents being supplied by host countries make sense, but the Caretaker? The Regents? If they weren't to move with the warehouse when it got relocated, then it would be a very interesting read through the instruction manual for the host country...the warehouse could have (and IMO should have) moved to China, and Claudia with it.
More+
Flag
Endless Wonder! ;)
There's definitely room for an entirely new series. I really really really want to know what was up with the purple bird Isabella!
Flag
Yup, they blew it wasting a precious episode for a lame soap opera thing. Fringe as soso as season 5 was did a great job on showing what happened to the parallel universe after decades since they last had contact. I think they could've sacrificed 5-10min from one of the 'defining' moments and do either a short clip of the future or even in pictures (maybe myka and pete getting married and having a kid or something) and then leading up to future claudia talking to the new crew.
Flag
Or being the finale, they could've made the episode a little longer like how BSG was over 2hrs long when it could've been wrapped up in an hour. Then again at least this episode didn't feel rushed the way Stargate atlantis's finale was with everything just falling into place like syfy was in a hurry to end that show.
Flag
Having new scenes as "flashbacks" was the right way to do it. It would have been a real "cheat" and disappointed the viewers to have re-used prior episodes' footage. Setting up a Broadway production number was fun to watch, both because of how well it looked and because it was completely unexpected. Ditto with the 1941 scene.

I agree it should have been a longer episode. Or perhaps a two-parter but we know that Comcast cancels popular shows that cost money (cf Eureka) so they wouldn't allow that expense. It could though, have replaced one of the weak episodes of the first five of the "season".

I expect that many people were rooting for some time for Myka and Lattimer to get together. But it most definitely seemed forced and not a natural evolution of their feelings. Bringing back H.G. was a definite big plus. And even Leena's short scene showed that the producers cared about their audience's connection to the characters.

Did anyone catch that Lattimer called Mrs. Frederic Irene after he kissed her on the cheek? I expect that was meant to convey something but I don't know what secret that was meant to reveal. Does anyone know?
More+
Flag
When his defining moment was done, it was just him and Mrs. Frederic sitting down. She called him Peter whereas she would usually call him Agent Lattimer.
So why did Mrs. Frederic call him Peter? Perhaps to say he's not just an Agent anymore but family/friend.
Flag
Irene? Maybe they were saying the warehouse crew is a real close bunch.
Flag
The name was mentioned in previous episodes. That is her first name.
Flag
My favorite moment is Leena's conversation with Mrs F. Good finale with some weird moments. I agree that the relationship between Pete and Myka should have been explored a little more in the previous episodes. Glad that Warehouse 13 had the opportunity to finish the story. Hopefully we will see a movie some time soon in the future.
Flag
I'm going to miss this show. I'm suprised no one has started a campaign to save it -- like sending in Apples or something.
Flag
Although it does seem strange that these characters most defining moments were not from the series itself, I do believe it was absolutely the right choice to make new scenes for the finale. How upset would everyone be if the series finale of this amazing show were reduced to "Best of..." montage?
Flag
I was glad they were given some episodes to say goodbye, granted, I didn't get to see everything I wanted and was surprised that the last episode wasn't two hours. For a show that had the highest ratings for SyFy when it premiered, I think they could have at least given them two hours. It would be cool if once a year they had a WH13 movie and/or a Eureka movie, I'd give up one or more of the Saturday Monster/Disaster fest movies for that to occur. Fans can keep a show alive, look at Star Trek, Firefly and my all-time favorite Doctor WHO.
I tuned in because I heard Lindsay Wagner was going to appear. I went back and picked up the first season because it reminded me of X-Files/Friday the 13th The Series. It was my guilty pleasure and I couldn't wait to watch it. I would have liked to have seen more between Artie and Vanessa as well as Myka and Pete. I got to meet Eddie McClintock this Spring at a con and he was so cool.
Hopefully this isn't the last aired chapter of the Warehouse but if it is...thanks to the cast and crew for one helluva great time.

P. Wait
More+
Flag
I am happy it's over in a nice way...
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members