Warehouse 13

Emily Lake/Stand

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 03, 2011 on Syfy

• Simple Question

Great episode, but at the end, I don't understand why Helena doesn't put the shield around the bomb rather than Pete, Mika and Artie?
  • Emily Lake/Stand

Emily Lake/Stand was a perfect dual episode season finale of Warehouse 13. I really enjoyed watching the first half because there were many revelations and lots of character and plot development. Jane insists on keeping the Reagents plan secret, Pete and Myka discover some very interesting insight into just what happened to H. G. Wells. Sykes is a great villain and I really like how this all played out so far. The end of the first half was quite tragic and very sad, the scenes were very emotional and I felt for the characters. The second half was awesome! So much action, suspense and intrigue along with sentimental moments. Kate Mulgrew was awesome as Jane and really had some great scenes! It was awesome how Mrs. Frederic and Claudia saved Leena. I wonder what the true nature of Mrs. Frederic's existence could be!? The last few scenes were mind blowing and this season definitely ended with a bang! I look forward to another season, hopefully!!!!!!!!!

• Obsessed with the Collodi bracelet, Sykes readies to spring his deadly plan upon the Warehouse.

Emily Lake, Stand is one of the finest hours of television; even those who are not fans of the show can easily appreciate the drama, action and intrigue this piece offers.

In a very special one hour season finale we find the Warehouse under attack from an enemy who is not only seeking one particular artifact, but also the complete destruction of the Warehouse and its keepers.

Over the past few episodes the tension has been growing as we see the Warehouse under siege. Regents have been tortured and murdered and the entire Warehouse defense system tested.

Once again Jane (Kate Mulgrew) joins the cast and as Warehouse 13's protector, as well as Sykes No.1 target for revenge.

I really felt like this episode allowed the viewer to join the scramble as the web of deception is brushed aside and revelations about past Agents come to light.

* possible spoilers ahead *

The flashback scene with Agent Jynx and Claudia makes me smile, "so brave"... and to have my gut ripped out moments later was a fantastic plot device. Having said in previous reviews that the undercover nature of Agent Jynx was transparent, i formally withdraw the comment in light of the tragic events of this episode.

And although in the final scene we see Artie has a trick left up his sleeve, it really doesn't detract from the impact of the moments before. Of course, losing one major character is not unusual for a TV show, but to have lost 3 in one episode really lends to the conclusion that all 3 characters will be restored in the next season.

Knowing this, i'm still stunned by the events.

Probably the most exciting thing about the destruction of W13 is what happened to Mrs. Frederick. Could she be MUCH older than we all thought? There is now the suggestion that she could be as old as the first warehouse - her comment about the warehouse "always endures..." and prior speculation about her connection to W13 and her true age leaves a lot of room for discussion.

It's not often i'll give an episode 10 out of 10. But this one really deserves it. In fact, it's the sort of episode that makes you want to go back and rewatch the series from the beginning.

• That Sykes Character sounds like Gollum with his unhealthy desire to be reunited with the Collodi Bracelet. "It's mine, my own, my precious, yes my precious. It belongs to me".

This episode had a creepy vibe. You have a bracket that gives the wearer enhanced stamina and strength but it darkens the soul leaving the wearer with a deep yearning desire for it. It's very similar to the One Ring that J R R Tolkien wrote about in his Lord of the Rings trilogy. I hope this isn't the end. With the warehouse gone and Mrs Frederic gone, it definitely looks that way.