Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Discussion Thread: Crossing Over (Eureka/Warehouse 13 X-over- possible spoilers)

Princess_Pinky

[1]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 11

So Claudia went to pick up some new and improved neutralizing goo from Global Dynamics in Eureka and Fargo went through massive amounts of trouble to make sure she had the perfect welcome wagon and tour of the town, however right after she arrives, objects start materializing all over the town, creating cause for Claudia to extend her stay and help figure out what's going on.

I'm curious if anyone watched the crossover and if so, what did you think? Good, bad, medicore? Was"Crossing Over"better, worse, or about the same as "13.1"?

Am I the only one who was leftwondering if they set up the "coincidence" joke between Zane and Claudia in case they ever want to use it in the event of another crossover or if it was purely just a joke so Zane could hit on her?

I'm really digging Grace and Henry. After only three episodes, I'm finding them very adorable and the more I see her, the more I like Grace. However, as much as I liked this episode, I feel the Eureka writers didn't familiarize themselves with Claudia's character enough before they wrote her. The "What's up, b******?" line did seem a little off. FYI, I don't have a problem with the line in and of itself like many people do, and in the right context I maybe could see Claudia saying it, but that wasn't the right context and therefore it stood out.

Also, the beginning of the episode dealed strongly with the idea that teleportation could be a cause of the objects' appearances and when that was mentioned to Claudia, I was immediately expecting a much more worried reaction from her, because she has an intimate history with the problems that can go wrong with teleportation: her whole childhood was a mess because of Joshua's failed teleportation experiment with Rheticus' Compass that landed him in an interdimensional trap. So I felt that her reaction was off there too, because she should've taken the problem much more seriously since she knows first hand how bad messing with teleportation can get.

Other than that, I felt she was pretty in character, and I just adored her interaction with everyone! Fargo, especially. I'm glad they continued the quirk of her calling Fargo "Doug," which I think is adorable, as well as, "Fargonator." Now I want Fargo to develop a pet name for her.(And it was so cute seeing Fargo completely crushing out and wanting everything to be perfect for her this episode. I actually thought we'd get more kissing in "13.1," but "Crossing Over" made up for it with three hot geek kisses. They did a MUCH better job with the Claudia/Fargo romance than Claudia/Todd.)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MichaelLuff0

[2]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 5

I thought it was great. Im loving Claudia. She was also in an ep of Smallville, as someone else.

However the great thing is that when you watch Eureka with Claudia in it she says something to Fargo about the Warehouse computer upgrade. Iv nowjust watched the Warehouse/Eureka cross over where Fargo installs the new kit. (Should of watched it first if I had known to get the order right, Warehouse S02 E05). I think its great that they are combining thesetwo shows, I hope they do more.

belial_77

[3]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 17

I thought it was interesting they brought her in on an epi related to Eureka's main plot thread for the season and not a one-off throw-away epi.

However, the whole concept of this Eureka main arc kinda concerns my geek-boy, continuity stickler mind...

The main arc (which is told each epi in "previously on", so doesn't need spoiler tags if ya seen the xover epi), deals with the primary characters from Eureka being stuck in an alt timeline do to interactions they had while trapped in the 1940s Eureka.

SO... does this mean Warehouse 13 exists in Eurekaworld in the alt timeline, or in the mainstream Eureka timeline?
    I am aware that in an early Eureka epi, they said that most of the world is the same, with only big changes at "ground zero" of the time-meddling and weaker the further from it... BUT, by having Fargo interact w/ W13, and Claudia the other way, that would place it in direct causality of the timeline mixing.

Princess_Pinky

[4]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 11

belial_77 wrote:
    However, the whole concept of this Eureka main arc kinda concerns my geek-boy, continuity stickler mind...

The main arc (which is told each epi in "previously on", so doesn't need spoiler tags if ya seen the xover epi), deals with the primary characters from Eureka being stuck in an alt timeline do to interactions they had while trapped in the 1940s Eureka.

SO... does this mean Warehouse 13 exists in Eurekaworld in the alt timeline, or in the mainstream Eureka timeline?
    I am aware that in an early Eureka epi, they said that most of the world is the same, with only big changes at "ground zero" of the time-meddling and weaker the further from it... BUT, by having Fargo interact w/ W13, and Claudia the other way, that would place it in direct causality of the timeline mixing.

With the crossover, the two shows now exist in the same universe. The time line change that occurred in Eureka effects things from 1947 to the present. The Warehouse has existed since 336BC, started by Alexander the Great. The proceeding 12 Warehouses have existed all over the world throughout history. Warehouse 13 has existed in its current location in South Dakota since 1914, well before the time line change in Eureka in 1947. So the two shows still exist within the same universe and Warehouse 13 exists regardless of whether it was Eureka's original or changed time line.

And as for whether or not Fargo would've interacted with The Warehouse 13 crew, a problem really only arises if they revert to the old timeline, which is doesn't sound like the producers plan on doing. However, if they did, Fargo is still the resident "tech guy" in either Eureka universe, he just has more security clearance as GD Head in the altered timeline. If Mrs. Frederic wanted the best man for the job - even if they did revert the timeline - I still think she would've picked Fargo to upgrade the computer system due to his technological know-how, so I think that Fargo and the events of "13.1" would've happened basically the same, regardless of which timeline it's in.

"Crossing Over" is a bit different, though, since Fargo used his status as GD Head to give Claudia the tour and welcome wagon and whatnot. Still, I don't think the events of "Crossing Over" would've been a heck of a lot different if they reverted the timeline, so long as Fargo went through Allison to get clearance to give Claudia a tour of GD, provided she still signed the confidentiality agreement and whatnot.

So I don't think it's that hard to explain. If the writers do change the timeline back, they can quite easily keep the overall canon of the crossover and Claudia/Fargo relationship in tact, unless they wanted to retcon it. But given the ratings for the crossover episodes (and the overall positive reaction to the C/F pairing), I doubt they would, since that leaves open the possibility for future crossovers.

Edited on 08/14/2010 11:54am