Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Joanne Kelly is the reason to watch this show...

DonaldCholak

[1]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    I asked myself not too long ago why I was still watching this, then the episode with Joanne Kelly where she got possessed by Alice came on. I think I figured it out. I mean I like Saul Rubinek and Eddie McClintok - they're kinda funny. Allison Scagliotti is playing an interesting character. However, so far there is no real long term story line of any interest. There is just random episodes that don't seem to really be tied to anything except there's this warehouse where crazy objects are kept. I need like an arch-enemy or the anti-warehouse warehouse or something. So, she's pretty much the only reason I keep watching, that and hope that this will eventually start to have some sort of story line.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mackymacaspac

[2]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 78
    She did say in an interview that that was her most favorite episode by far, since it posed the most challenge acting-wise. I think all the other main characters are equally interesting and entertaining. But I agree that this show needs to be more serialized and less stand-alone.

DonaldCholak wrote:
    I asked myself not too long ago why I was still watching this, then the episode with Joanne Kelly where she got possessed by Alice came on.

Jacks_Son

[3]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 13

mackymacaspac wrote:
    She did say in an interview that that was her most favorite episode by far, since it posed the most challenge acting-wise. I think all the other main characters are equally interesting and entertaining. But I agree that this show needs to be more serialized and less stand-alone.

DonaldCholak wrote:
    I asked myself not too long ago why I was still watching this, then the episode with Joanne Kelly where she got possessed by Alice came on.

I'm sure there will be more arcs in future episodes, it's just not done this early in a seies. You have to attract casual viewers who don't keep up with each and every episode and then gradually build in a loyal fan base.

As for the arch-enemy, they introduced such a character in the Samurai sword episode; the rogue ex-warehouse agent who wants the warehouse for himself. There have been plenty of references to him.

DonaldCholak

[4]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 2

Come on... there's ways to give it an overall direction that people can understand even if they miss a few episodes. As for the guy with the sword who can cut light... if that's all they got it won't last long on my list. The sword could cut light... but got stuck in Artie's arm/chest? Did he have magic gloves or chain mail or something that can't be cut by a sword that can cut light? I get what your saying but I thought he was more like a common villain with some info than an arch-nemesis. I'm talking like a dude with a crew and a warehouse of his own. For instance, that guy with three other thugs with magic weapons of their own. A dude who actually gets away with the objects most of the time. Just throwing this out there... Maybe located in China... haha

kanniballl

[5]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 18
    DonaldCholak wrote:

Come on... there's ways to give it an overall direction that people can understand even if they miss a few episodes. As for the guy with the sword who can cut light... if that's all they got it won't last long on my list. The sword could cut light... but got stuck in Artie's arm/chest?

From my understanding, Artie grabbed the handle/hilt/whatever prevent MacPhearson from pulling it out. Eventually he gave up because he heard Pete and Mika coming and without the sword he was in trouble.

One could argue that if it was sharp enough, that me could've killed Artie right there by cutting him in half. But there's a difference between "sharpest sword ever made" and "can cut someone in half with little effort."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Back to the question at hand.

I like the whole cast, though I'm sorry to say that I sometimes think Pete's acting falls a little flat. I'm not talking about last night's life-draining typewriter scene, but just in general. When he nails a scene he nails it, but sometimes it looks like they could've used another take. Specific examples don't come to mind right now.

Edited on 09/09/2009 7:16am

Stitllams

[6]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 6

You hit the nail right on the head, they don't come to mind.

However I am happy to sit back and watch a Science Fiction series without it getting axed, although I am in two minds as to which is better, really liking and losing or not hating but not losing.

tommy0122

[7]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 12

Joanne Kelly is the reason that I watch this. She's pretty and has a very likable quality, at least to me. I love her hair. I hope she doesn't decide to screw with it. It works great for her.

rondetto

[8]Jul 18, 2011
    • level: 3

I agree she is beautiful, but she can act too you know.Wink

nolefan32

[9]Jul 18, 2011
    • level: 11
    Honestly for me it's the dynamic between all the characters. The New Guy felt like it had a huge hole in it where Myka should have been, until she showed back up. But I'd feel the same way about an episode without Pete, Artie or Claudia just as much.

That said, the Alice episode is one of my personal favorites so far, but a lot of that solely has to do with the last 10 minutes or so, with how they so effectively used White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. They scared me the following episode when they had the Moby song play prominently in a critical moment - nothing wrong with the song, but I was afraid they were going to start abusing a great device every episode, good news is they didn't. But it worked really well in the last moments of the Alice in Wonderland episode.

rondetto

[10]Jul 19, 2011
    • level: 3

The new season doesn't start in the UK until August, so we don't know yet whether Myka is still in the show.

Shreela

[11]Jul 28, 2011
    • level: 8

tommy0122 wrote:

Joanne Kelly is the reason that I watch this. She's pretty and has a very likable quality, at least to me. I love her hair. I hope she doesn't decide to screw with it. It works great for her.

I liked her hair too. I don't like her new hair though - it's already showing signs of damage from the straightening, not as much sheen as before.

luvinx

[12]Jul 31, 2011
    • level: 20

nolefan32 wrote:
    Honestly for me it's the dynamic between all the characters. The New Guy felt like it had a huge hole in it where Myka should have been, until she showed back up. But I'd feel the same way about an episode without Pete, Artie or Claudia just as much. That said, the Alice episode is one of my personal favorites so far, but a lot of that solely has to do with the last 10 minutes or so, with how they so effectively used White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. They scared me the following episode when they had the Moby song play prominently in a critical moment - nothing wrong with the song, but I was afraid they were going to start abusing a great device every episode, good news is they didn't. But it worked really well in the last moments of the Alice in Wonderland episode.

I agree completely, with both the dynamic being the reason to watch and the greatness of the Alice episode and its AWESOME ending.

tommy0122

[13]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 12

mackymacaspac wrote:
    ..........this show needs to be more serialized and less stand-alone.
    [/QUOTE]

I totally disagree. I like the fact that each show is stand-alone. It keeps the writers from having a cliff hanger in every episode. Maybe some of you like cliff hangers but I don't. It has a beginning and an end, (like Law and Order). Hope it stays this way.