TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Missing Ferret?

hot_babe101

[1]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 13

When this show started one character stood out, Pete the Ferret.

He was in an out through the first season and now we havent seen him anymore.

Bring Back Pete the Ferret!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nagowteena

[2]Aug 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    I was thinking the same thing!

nolefan32

[3]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    The same thing happened to Tara's cat, Miss Kitty Fantastico, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer - she suddenly stopped being seen, referred to, etc. It wasn't until the final season that we found out what happened to her.

So I wonder if Dawn Summers shot Pete the Ferret with a crossbow, too?

Actually, my guess is that Pete is happily residing in a cage in Myka's room, which you'll note we've not been inside in quite a while.

kanniballl

[4]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 18

Well, in all honesty we haven't been spending that much scene-time in the B&B. Maybe a few minutes per episode.

That being said, it's possible they want to drop it. Having animals on-set isn't a simple matter: you have to deal with trainer, an ASPCA representative on-site, and a bunch of other stuff. Meanwhile you're trying to pump out an episode 1-2-3, but filming with the animal takes longer and more takes so you have to wait it out.

It's a similar reason why shows tend to cast 18-year-olds when the show is following a kid in the mid-teens. When dealing with child actors you have to deal with a LOT of red tape and annoyances, so they just skip it and find young-looking adults.

Then again, it probably just got dropped for generic reasons.

In "Reaper" Sam's brother was in for the first 2 episodes, was mentioned once or twice later, and then never again. Even when a couple of story lines really should've brought him back.

A brother in "Happy Days" disappeared as well.

1-2 minor characters in Eureka disappeared after a few episodes too.

nolefan32

[5]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    kanniballl wrote:

Well, in all honesty we haven't been spending that much scene-time in the B&B. Maybe a few minutes per episode.

That being said, it's possible they want to drop it. Having animals on-set isn't a simple matter: you have to deal with trainer, an ASPCA representative on-site, and a bunch of other stuff. Meanwhile you're trying to pump out an episode 1-2-3, but filming with the animal takes longer and more takes so you have to wait it out.

It's a similar reason why shows tend to cast 18-year-olds when the show is following a kid in the mid-teens. When dealing with child actors you have to deal with a LOT of red tape and annoyances, so they just skip it and find young-looking adults.

Then again, it probably just got dropped for generic reasons.

In "Reaper" Sam's brother was in for the first 2 episodes, was mentioned once or twice later, and then never again. Even when a couple of story lines really should've brought him back.

A brother in "Happy Days" disappeared as well.

1-2 minor characters in Eureka disappeared after a few episodes too.

The animals on set not withstanding, I don't think those asking about Pete the Ferret necessarily expect to see him - but a mention once in a while would be nice. "Hey, Artie - can you feed my ferret while Pete and I are on this mission?"

kanniballl

[6]Aug 17, 2010
    • level: 18

Well, at least their was mention in tonight's episode "For the team"

The vet stopped by to check on ferret Pete, so that came up. Not much sign of him though since the beginning of the series.