Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: 13.1 (possible spoilers)

chuckbeluckman

[21]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 6

I just started watching this series after watching Eureka's episode "Crossing Over". Did Fargo mention at all in this episode that Artie looks a lot like Eureka's late Dr. Carlson. They were played by the same actor so it would have been a nice little nod to Eureka fans.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nolefan32

[22]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    chuckbeluckman wrote:

I just started watching this series after watching Eureka's episode "Crossing Over". Did Fargo mention at all in this episode that Artie looks a lot like Eureka's late Dr. Carlson. They were played by the same actor so it would have been a nice little nod to Eureka fans.

No mention. Guess the writers figured having the crossover at all was enough of a nod to fans of either show.

kanniballl

[23]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 18

Both cross-over episodes were alright. As it stands, both A-stories were completely independent of the cross-over... removing the cross-over characters would change very little save for the set-ups and occasional one-liners.

Fargo could have easily been some stranger sent by the regents, or perhaps Claudia/Artie themselves applying the latest patch. Or maybe a power-outage causes Hugo 2.0 to activate. etc

That being said, Claudia and Fargo did work well together. Though as others stated, the real-life age difference might seem odd to some. But if Fargo is supposed to be mid-20s then it's fine (one of my teachers was bald at 22, so looks are deceiving).

The other special guest star, Odo from Star Trek DS9, was a hoot. Babble babble babble babble. Ha! More observant than they realized.

By itself the episode was decent, and as a cross-over it was alright.

carlejeune

[24]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 6

hugh miller was rene A... played a changling on star trek deep space nine and I think he also played a lawyer on boston legal

danharr

[25]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 45

Yes surprisingly good at first I was like of all the people to crossover why Fargo but thankfully the story was perfect for him and at least the Claudia/Todd things is done and we have more excuses for the shows to mingle. In the future our shooters hopefully will show up in Eureka and vice versa. I wish we had more of crazy Hugo AI it's always fun when the warehouse gets shut down and it was funny when fargo slightly mentioned his dimensional paradox.

kanniballl

[26]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 18

danharr wrote:

...and it was funny when fargo slightly mentioned his dimensional paradox.

I enjoyed the handful of one-liners and inside jokes involving Fargo / Eureka

- 30-something references to inappropriately pressed buttons (a Eureka staple)

- Side-stepping the insult that AI programmers put a little of themselves in their projects (S.A.R.A.H.)

- Mentioning of his sort-of ex girlfriend (I imagine that's the paradox you describe)

TankLike

[27]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 7

I think he meant was a sentence where Fargo said that he was "head of GD - kind of". I don't remember the exact words. But that's basically what he said...