Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: A New Hope (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jul 10, 2012
    • level: 102

Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 7/23/12 episode "A New Hope" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rickycal78

[2]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 7

Not a bad start to the new season, I'll admit that the bit at the end where it seems Claudia is going bad threw me for a second. I half expected the "evil that will follow you the rest of your days" bit to end up being McPhearson coming back to life or something. It seemed a bit odd that Mrs. Fredrick and the bald regent seemed so quick to give H.G. another chance yet again.

I was also a bit thrown off at the end where Arty sends Pete to get Sykes from the portal between Warehouse 2 and 13 he shuts it off after Pete comes back with Sykes. Pete's mom was on the other side of that portal as I recall. Why didn't she come back through?

Also puzzling was Brent Spiner's warning to "Never tell anyone or they'll be in danger" yet in the coming soon teaser at the end of the show seemed to have Arty telling everyone, or everyone figuring it out.

I'm hoping this new season has more back info on the Warehouse and it's mythology like season 3 did where we learn about the regents and the caretaker and so forth, that kind of stuff fascinates me.

Edited on 07/23/2012 8:55pm

blackmage8472

[3]Jul 23, 2012
    • level: 15

rickycal78 wrote:

Also puzzling was Brent Spiner's warning to "Never tell anyone or they'll be in danger" yet in the coming soon teaser at the end of the show seemed to have Arty telling everyone, or everyone figuring it out.

I'm hoping this new season has more back info on the Warehouse and it's mythology like season 3 did where we learn about the regents and the caretaker and so forth, that kind of stuff fascinates me.

I kinda like that Spiner's character said that. Artie's always played it close to the vest and this is the first time we've seen that his character has a reason for it. It could be a fun plot point.

It's an extended season so I'd be a little surprised if they don't address more of themythologyof the warehouse. Partly I'm hoping that we see more of Kate Mulgrew so we can understand Pete's vibes and his connection to the warehouse.

pilo14

[4]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 11

rickycal78 wrote:

I was also a bit thrown off at the end where Arty sends Pete to get Sykes from the portal between Warehouse 2 and 13 he shuts it off after Pete comes back with Sykes. Pete's mom was on the other side of that portal as I recall. Why didn't she come back through?

And if Ghandis cloth wouldn't have worked they blow Peking and the bracelet along with the Warehouse up

groucho42

[5]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 1

It was bad enough they set up the hackneyed time travel plot excuse at the end of the previous show. Now it seems to be "and the good girl turns evil". I hope I'm wrong or they've definitely jumped the shark.

rickycal78

[6]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 7

groucho42 wrote:

It was bad enough they set up the hackneyed time travel plot excuse at the end of the previous show. Now it seems to be "and the good girl turns evil". I hope I'm wrong or they've definitely jumped the shark.

I can see why you'd feel that way but I disagree on this one. Besides the fact that we're being led to believe it's Artie's use of the astrolabe that's causing Claudia to go bad, she also has a reason to go rogue.

Throughout the show we see that she doesn't always play well with authority figures, and now she blames the authority figures in her life, the regents, for Jinks death.

I'd totally agree with you if they had Myka going bad, but the seed was there with Claudia and the astrolabe that Artie used seems to have caused her to go over the edge.

erinahbing

[7]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 6

I prefer the geeky-funny-Claudia to the dark-angry-Claudia.

Still have hope, Zombie Jinks can also be the evil one

danharr

[8]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 45

It was okay I didn't want a go back in time easy solution either or the Claudia goes evil but the story was a fun ride to make up for the ending. I thought an Artie doppelganger was going to be created but I guess that would've been as bad as Claudia going evil.