Warehouse 13 Forums

Syfy (ended 2014)

Official Discussion Thread: An Evil Within (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 7/30/12 episode "An Evil Within" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 15

Pretty good episode, definitely sowed the seeds of doubt for the season. A few comments/observations/questions:

1) Anyone else guess an HP Lovecraft artifact pretty quickly?

2) Could Artie perhaps be the evil? Could his new paranoia and doubts cause issues with the team.

3) Awesome, both Jane and Jinks are back!

4) Anyone else think Brent Spiner's character already knows Artie used the astrolabe?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[3]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 13
    blackmage8472 wrote:

Pretty good episode, definitely sowed the seeds of doubt for the season. A few comments/observations/questions:

1) Anyone else guess an HP Lovecraft artifact pretty quickly?

2) Could Artie perhaps be the evil? Could his new paranoia and doubts cause issues with the team.

3) Awesome, both Jane and Jinks are back!

4) Anyone else think Brent Spiner's character already knows Artie used the astrolabe?

I can see Brent Spiner's character being the evil.

MatthewRaiche

[5]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 5

I thought it was pretty funny how they seemed to gloss over a few things,maybe hoping we wouldn't notice. The warehouse is supposed to be top secret, right?Yet,Mica and Pete had a full-voice conversation about artifacts and stuff right behind the security guard who was checking the videos. What's even funnier is that the security guard didn't even look up, as if conversations like that happen around him all the time. The next thing I thought was pretty funny was in the end when the police had the bad guy in cuffs. Again, we had an artifact-related conversation in front of police officers who supposedly know nothing about this, and the guy was arrested. What are they going to charge him with? Under which law does "giving someone a key that makes him or her look like a scary monster to other people" fall under?

dman_dustin

[6]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 8

MatthewRaiche wrote:
    Again, we had an artifact-related conversation in front of police officers who supposedly know nothing about this, and the guy was arrested. What are they going to charge him with? Under which law does "giving someone a key that makes him or her look like a scary monster to other people" fall under?

The artifact related conversation with the police officer was kind of unavoidable. It might be top secret, but look at how many people on the show who don't have the security clearance to know about it are indirectly or directly related to artifacts. Since "Hadcell?" knew what the artifact was and what it does. It's not like Myka and Pete can play ignorant in front of him.

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed that the Warehouse 13 and anything related have their own justice system. Thus I'm sure a regent or whatever will just transfer them to their own "jail." HG for example, being bronzed, and other warehouse criminals.

As to what the guy can be charged with. I'm sure a man who "spikes" the punch bowl at a high school dance party with a powerful hallucinogenic drug, can and will be charged with any potential deaths that could result by the people who drink it and become violent as a result. It can be the same here. Myka and Pete know that this man caused those people to go into a violent rage that put that man in a coma and killed the other guy, and since they "work" for the "secret service" I'm sure they "the police" can charge the man based on Myka and Pete's say so. Thus when the time comes, the man will just be transferred to the Artifact related justice system.

After all the justice system of Warehouse 13 and thus anything artifact related apparently has a higher commanding rank (law wise) than even possibly the U.S. Government and potentially any of the other governments in the world (though in those cases, that might be superceded by their own artifact related "law" system. Such as the "brotherhood" with Brent Spiner's character with the Vatican City.

Edited on 08/01/2012 12:07pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[7]Aug 2, 2012
    MatthewRaiche wrote:

I thought it was pretty funny how they seemed to gloss over a few things,maybe hoping we wouldn't notice. The warehouse is supposed to be top secret, right?Yet,Mica and Pete had a full-voice conversation about artifacts and stuff right behind the security guard who was checking the videos. What's even funnier is that the security guard didn't even look up, as if conversations like that happen around him all the time. The next thing I thought was pretty funny was in the end when the police had the bad guy in cuffs. Again, we had an artifact-related conversation in front of police officers who supposedly know nothing about this, and the guy was arrested. What are they going to charge him with? Under which law does "giving someone a key that makes him or her look like a scary monster to other people" fall under?

I agree with you tototally. In previous episodes and seasons, such conversations were avoided. For some reason in that episode, Mica and Pete spoke in a full voice conversation more than once around other people. Also, I too agree that it was a bit clumsy to have police get involve as no crime was broken. We can make suppositions about what could happen to people after the police arrest them but to me that takes away from the show.

MatthewRaiche

[8]Aug 3, 2012

dman_dustin wrote:

The artifact related conversation with the police officer....

Way too much serious thought went into that reply.

danharr

[9]Aug 4, 2012
    • level: 45

Hey tv producers I know you check sites like this do me one favor. Quit making Pete look like a total moron and useless. Seriously he's an agent he has no backup and he doesn't run when the people go nuts and then he can't even take care of himself Myka has to save him by neutralizing the key. WH13 is back good writing, Steve back from the dead, following by the horrible well lets see where father creepy and Steve go from here.

MatthewRaiche

[10]Aug 5, 2012

Yeah, it drives me crazy how Pete keeps playing with things and horsing around, despite it getting him into trouble many times. You'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now.

Edited on 08/08/2012 11:36am

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[11]Aug 7, 2012
    danharr wrote:

Hey tv producers I know you check sites like this do me one favor. Quit making Pete look like a total moron and useless. Seriously he's an agent he has no backup and he doesn't run when the people go nuts and then he can't even take care of himself Myka has to save him by neutralizing the key. WH13 is back good writing, Steve back from the dead, following by the horrible well lets see where father creepy and Steve go from here.

Agreed! Most times I am sitting home thinking whether or not Pete's role was originally casted for a 13 year old.